Main Menu

Are you not a Level 70 Beastlord?

Started by Tastian, March 02, 2006, 12:54:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ikkorus

Quote from: shenk on April 04, 2006, 04:17:57 PM
Quote from: Ikkorus on April 01, 2006, 06:31:13 PM
Quote from: Birdienumnum on April 01, 2006, 01:42:04 PM
Gripe 3: AA's.  I am at the stage where I need to get 2 points, then 4 points, then 6 points for an AA. Then do it again for another. And another. and another.

As opposed to the stage where you need 3, 6, 9?  Or the stage where you need 5, 5, 5, 5, 5?  Man I would KILL to go back to having AA's that capped with the max cost at 6...

LOL remember when Pet Affinity was 20?

I remeber wanting to kill myself when I saw that ^_^.

Kanan

Everyone has AAs that have their cost designed in this fashion, so bsts aren't getting singled out for being gypped.

And at least they realized how badly they fubar'd things on many of the GoD aas.  Heheh.. I got most of my healing AAs from that repricing ;p
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

ragnak

I've just started a beastlord after a hiatus from eq, and at level 23 I cannot cast any spells without fizzles, I seem to be leveling far faster then the skills will go up.  I assume this will slow down as levels get harder to come by, but there needs to be an adjustment made so that the first line in say conjuration just does not fizzle at all and also increase the rate that the actual skill goes up per cast. 

For example, the first line in conjuration beside pet is sicken, i dropped 15 points at the GM in this skill slot and this is what I get:

fizzle
fizzle
fizzle
fizzle
fizzle
cast

sometimes its up to 10 fizzles.  I am now 23 and my conjuration has gone up exactly 3 points from level 15.  I also cannot cast the 2nd line of pet heal spell, the fizzle rate is horrible, yet my melee skills seem to go up just fine.

I don't remember this being much of an issue with my ranger, it seems back then those spell points went up exept for the unused ones, so I am not sure why it's harder now than it was 3 years ago to get spell points up.

This is a Troll BST btw, I'm not sure if this is affected by INT stat or WIS, but with newbie gear wis is around 78 and int is at 52.

Tiroon

Quote from: ragnak on April 17, 2006, 10:58:03 PM
This is a Troll BST btw, I'm not sure if this is affected by INT stat or WIS, but with newbie gear wis is around 78 and int is at 52.

WIS is the important one - you can forget INT.

WIS is checked to see if you get a skill-up on casting and 78 is desperately low. So before you do anything else do the Slipgear quest for the aug. The +15 you get to all stats will make a big difference and the 500plat (minus money for potions) will come in handy as well.

After you've got the maxed aug ask a chanter to cast a "spell training package" on you, i.e. a WIS buff, the fizzle reducer and Clarity. If you're guilded retire to GH and sit in the pool to chain cast your lowest, non-offensive, fast casting spell of all schools where you have one.

Once finished go out to your newbie garden and look for a place with masses of low level mobs and begin to chain cast your spells that you couldn't use in GH. XP is not the objective but lots of casting on hapless mobs that cant hurt you to get some basic skills.

Your ranger certainly never had that problem. Most likely you started with WIS around the 100 mark if not above and would have gotten the skill-jups during normal play.
Tiroon Firefang
Vah Shir Savage Lord
Stromm

Ignorance killed the cat! Curiosity was framed.

Chickennuggets

Can you still get casting skill ups casting on your warder in GH?  Or duelling somebody with a pet in GH?
Chickennugets  http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1226640
Lvl 70 Beastlord
Steel and Honor
Saryn server

Kanan

can't duel in GH =( else bst would pwn in there ;p
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Zathrix

Not sure about the GH, but you can definately cast on your warder out in the wilds (or not so wild) for skill ups.  I firmly agree, work on getting some + Wis items then all there is for it is to practice.  It is sorta boring but I'm afraid most of us have been there and done that.  As I was leveling Zathrix I stopped every five levels and brought most of my casting skills up to par.  That way you don't fall too far behind. 
Savage Lord Zathrix Ebonclaws - 70 Beastlord
Proud Knight of Candiria Keep, Fennin Ro

Chickennuggets

Just a tip on your casting skills... work divination up as often and as early as possible.  Not so much an issue now with invis potions so accesable... but if you ever get stuck without one you don't want to fizzle through a bar or two of mana.
Chickennugets  http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1226640
Lvl 70 Beastlord
Steel and Honor
Saryn server

shenk

Not sure about evocation in the Guild hall, but best way to get the rest up is find a bst with paragon/perfection of spirit, get it cast right outside of guild hall (or in Guild hall if guildie) then find a chanter to give you a fizzle reducer (intellectual Superiority or the such) and what ever other mana regen buffs will stick.  Then cast the spells for skill ups in guild hall:

Divination - See invisable, True north, sense animals
Conjuration - Summon Food/Drink
Alteration - lowest heal (salve/minor healing)
Abjuration - Endure cold
Evocation - Blast of Frost

Not sure if you can nuke your pet in gulid hall anymore though

Gaeastar

Skillups come far too slow for the current level rate .

P.S.
you cant nuke your pet in guildhall and you cant nuke yourself in guildhall anymore =(.

edited added nuke info
[code:1]
Gaeastar Darkmoone - 68 - Beastlord - Tunare
Gaeastar Darkmoone - 71 - Beastlord - Povar
[/code:1]

Silent and swift i walk always on the dark side of the moon ever searching for the new and wonderous experiences that the world has in store for those who bother to look.