Main Menu

Pet Pathing

Started by Sorien, March 28, 2006, 03:34:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sorien

Is it me, or has anyone else noticed some horrible pet pathing issues after PoR has come out?  It is really hurting me on pet pulling, retreating my pet, etc., etc., etc.  Anyone heard any fixes coming down the line any time soon?

Rarrum

Worst part I've noticed about it is the "delay".  Sometimes I'll have pet chasing something then tell it to /hold... and it just kinda stands there a minute before it comes back to me.

hakaaba

I have noticed some problems recently.

Specifically, it could not keep up with a snared drake that was being kited in a DoN nest instance because of some pathing problem

Arch Animist of Bertox (Saryrn (Mithaniel Marr))

Rhoam

I have been having pet pathing issues in Arcstone and relic recently. I try to put the pet on a mob and he runs in every direction but the direction from which the mob is coming. Sometimes the pet will simply run off after a kill and I have to call him back or summon him back if he doesnt respond to the /pet follow or /pet back off command. It makes handling adds more difficult and generally distracts me from dealing with slows and tanking the mob in camp.

Rarrum

Heh.. in WoS the other day.. was soloing in my caves for the heck of it to burn an hour before our raid started..

Had a mob near-dead... fetter failed... and it started to run.  As soon as it got out of melee range of pet, pet ran AWAY FROM THE MOB... which is bad since I need that chance of a fetter proc to stop it from training massive adds.  After a moment it seemed to hit some magical point farther down the cave, then it came back and chased the mob.  But yeah... things like this are rather bad.

Ikkorus

Its not just pet pathing that has been messed up.  Pathing of mobs in general has been weird.  I have been in RSS just fooling around twoboxxing and I back up two feet and the mob turns around...runs to the other end of the hallway and then runs back towards me (not that im complaining...I was backing up because I was almost dead and CH was only halfway done lol).

Chickennuggets

The pathing issues may have something to do with the changes they are making with the mob's center?  They are in the process of retuning the line that gets drawn to the mob's center of gravity (for lack of a better comparison), so casters don't get as many  "You cannot see your target" messages when the mobs foot is in a pothole or something.  Maybe not though... just remembered reading about that on Graffe's.
Chickennugets  http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1226640
Lvl 70 Beastlord
Steel and Honor
Saryn server

Jkal_Shihar

Ive noticed it as well. But what is really annoying is the warping I am encountering. I'll be running in a zone almost to the zone line and just warp back to sometimes where I started running from.
Animist Jkal Shi`har and tigger
Arch Animist of the Tribunal Server
My Magelo
*still my main since dec. 2001*

Lenoth

Quote from: Jkal_Shihar on March 31, 2006, 02:16:52 AM
Ive noticed it as well. But what is really annoying is the warping I am encountering. I'll be running in a zone almost to the zone line and just warp back to sometimes where I started running from.

That's sounds more like a Connection problem - Client(you) run around and do stuff, while server(SoE/zone) doesn't get updates from client on what you're doing.  - when connection re-establish, you get "warped" to last known server location (only fair, since you could use it to cheat otherwise). I'm betting that no mobs will attack you when this happens for you.

Lenoth Erazor
70 Beastlord
7th hammer

Raarthik

My necormancers pet/my pet  are haveing trouble catching up to snared mobs in DoD.... She cast Army of the dead and the stupid swarm pets couldn't stay in melle range of the spider i was fighting.

Raarthik Litterbox
International cat of mystery
Raarthik Litterbox* Bablatu Anklereaver* Bearrun Brewsgone
Level 70 beastlord of < Endorean>Luclin server

Corwin

Very frustrating plz all do a /bug to report , even though it may not do alot of good, ever try pet pulling in devastation?  damn sad, i swear my pet took 5 minutes to make a straight line to mob, then after it actually taggged it and i hit pet hold it ran up the wall on the outskirts of the zone and then somehow died,  only successful pet pull i have had was in Bloodfields on 2.0 mob.  I hate to whine about things but this is just the suck.

Corwin

hokarz

I hate the fact that my DoDh pet darts all over the place, now. It may run back and forth 2 or 3 times before it actually attacks the mob, then 4 seconds later, poofs :(
Savage Lord Hokarz

Jkal_Shihar

QuoteThat's sounds more like a Connection problem - Client(you) run around and do stuff, while server(SoE/zone) doesn't get updates from client on what you're doing.  - when connection re-establish, you get "warped" to last known server location (only fair, since you could use it to cheat otherwise). I'm betting that no mobs will attack you when this happens for you.

I'd just bout agree with it but have talked to others who also have experienced too. Have bugged it though. Wife's comp also has experienced it as well. I run broadband through a router and never had this problem until PoR.
On a side, I did warp into some mobs other day and just barely made it to zone.
Animist Jkal Shi`har and tigger
Arch Animist of the Tribunal Server
My Magelo
*still my main since dec. 2001*

Rarrum

The patch today seemed to make this a ton better.

An example:

On Ture lately... I'd hit "/pet hold /pet back off" key... then run back away... pet would often just stand there about a whole 1-2 seconds... then spin to run back to me... and hence die to the ae ramp annoyingly (*refrains from going on about how badly pet takes hits here*).

Today after the patch... I hit that key (after waiting on a heal to finish casting, due to the annoying ui lockup)... and pet instantly ran straight to me withour delay.  Much nicer.