Main Menu

Pet Hold Bug

Started by jitathab, June 08, 2006, 12:43:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jitathab

Has the intermitent pet hold bug ever been fixed? I put a pet on guard then on hold  (twice to make sure) on Vish event. Vish cast an AE and pet attacked. Another BST who had also put pet on hold had the same thing.

This has happened on several other occasions and is not just my imagination. Ive seen it several times in Plane of Time and Tacvi.

Kanan

you hit /pet focus in the interim, after having hit hold?
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

hokarz

I've had this same thing happen several times recently. Mostly when doing MPG raid trials. I end up spamming my pet hold hotkey just to keep my pet under control. Other beasts in the guild noticed the same thing. It's really upsetting the raid leader :P
Savage Lord Hokarz

Rarrum

Not had any problem with it, though I knew there used to be a bug where some ae's would agro pets that were on hold... think that was back in Gates beta though.

But yeah.. there's still the bug where /pet focus being used turns off /pet hold.

Discordant

Pet hold has been broke for a long time for all classes.  I was talking with the magi in my guild, and they acknowledged their problems with it as well.  AEs seem to randomly break it (for what reason I don't know).

Skanda

Can't say that I've ever had a problem with it myself.

Jkal_Shihar

Same havent noticed it breaking hold in a long long time.
Animist Jkal Shi`har and tigger
Arch Animist of the Tribunal Server
My Magelo
*still my main since dec. 2001*

hakaaba

i never had a problem with hold besides focus cancelling it

Arch Animist of Bertox (Saryrn (Mithaniel Marr))

Jkal_Shihar

Pretty much if you focus after holding it will always cancel out hold. Just need to focus upon zoning into every zone (which I will agree is a PITA) then hold.
Not sure why they did that ability that way but it does become a nuisance if you forget to focus then hold.
My Magelo

Discordant

The bug I am talking about does not deal at all with /pet focus.  Randomly, even with /pet focus being used, my pet aggros an AEing mob.  Its been happening since PoR came out.

recoil silverclaws

have had the same problems here its prity random when event AE's go off and is realy anoying to say the least
-Elder Recoil Rahl-
    -- of ctv --
a prexus guild
         and
-Hissar Spits-
   --of twinky alts-r-us--

Jkal_Shihar

oh I know the bug your talking bout Dis. I had it happen to me when PoR first came out also but since then havent experienced it for awhile.
My Magelo

jitathab

Yup am talking about on AE's only. Yes I have pet focus, but never use it because tbh it doesnt really work how I had hoped.

HAve also had this on some MPG trial and in GoD.

It is rare but happens and the most annoying times.