Main Menu

AA/disc burn and using Yowl

Started by bobokatt1970, April 06, 2010, 03:46:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobokatt1970

I normally just use Yowl before I click all my aa/disc for burn fights.  Then as the aa's/discs are running and Yowl pops again, I cast that again and again.  Is there a point where stopping to cast Yowl actually hinders your max damage from attacking?  Do many of you just not use Yowl when for instance BA or EF are running?

Awakening

Well I havent parsed the diff sometimes I still keep casting Yowl where sometimes I wont, depends on if sham clicks are in or not, but the 1.5 sec cast time wont hurt too bad considering yowl is around 500ish dps sustained or mroe if swarming.

Hzath

I keep casting yowl all the time on burns.

As an  estimate let's say an average single werewolf will do 450 dps, and last for 18 seconds.  This can obviously be increased by having a bard, extended swarm, cirlce of power running, etc.  So for one cast of Yowl you'll get on average 450(damage/second)*18(seconds) = 8100 damage.  In order for melee to be doing more than that, you would have to be doing 8100damage / 1.5 seconds (lost due to casting) = 5400 dps.  

You're going to be right around this number in a dps group full burning with tower weapons, however the 8100 damage number doesn't take into account mana reiterate strikes/ arcane arietta strikes / sympathetic procs / resonance tonic strikes and the special factors I mentioned before like bard aura / circle of power / getting a 4x swarm.

I don't have any UF raid weapons, but getting an almost 15% ratio upgrade with UF will probably be when I stop casting them with a disc doing.

Either way, with tower gear it's close and the streaky rng will make it hard to determine which way is best for those 40 second parses.
Beastlord Community Round Table representative.  Feel free to PM me or contact me in game (Drinal.Hzathz) about anything you think needs attention.

wildwaters

It seems that philosophy up to this point has been never stop casting but I think Hzath is right that that will start changin with UF weapons.