Main Menu

Veksar

Started by Grune, April 06, 2004, 10:07:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grune

I am on Xegony in an all BL guild and we've been hunting the zone in here alot. Same with Nurga. Veksar has a 16% ZEM, as well there are 2 named mobs which can spawn at the zone in and drop a decent earing. At 58 I can easily solo the entrance with KEI on.

When you zone in, you go up the fallen pillar onto a catwalk. Drop down into the coutryard and summon the pet. Buff up and set the pet to guard right in front of the big wooden double door. From where you are you should be able to see a gobbo standing a bit off to your right. As well, you will see a wanderer. This area you are in is safe from wanderers as there is only 1 and he never comes near there.

Wait for the wanderer to pass to the left and pull the static mob. What I usuall do is to cast slow on the mob and run into the stairwell on the right (if you are facing the big wooden double doors). The reason for this is that if it is a caster mob, it still needs Line of Sight to cast on you and will run in to get you. As soon as it hits you, your pet will agro and be on it's back the entire time. I tank these mobs and never have a problem. As well, with your back in the corner you will never get your spells interupted unless they stun you. And, if stuff gets really bad, you can run up the stairs and drop down into the water and swim to the zone line while your pet takes them on. This happens very rarely, usually on a respawn while I'm pulling.

Ok, now that the first static mob is down, heal up if you need. Dont' forget to use protective spirit as much as possible. Go to the intersection in front of you and turn to your right. There will be 3 mobs there. 1 close to you, and 2 against the far back wall. The wanderer will stop in between these monsters so don't pull while he's there. Pull that first mob, and run back to the staircase to kill him.

I prefer to kill the wanderer next. No real reason why. You can do him before or after that second kill. It's just the way I do it.

Ok, now here is the hardest part. Those 2 mobs against the back wall.... I have never been able to solo pull them single, so count on 2. Run them back to the stair way, slow them both and switch between you tanking them and your pet. This will take alot of your mana, but it's doable. And just make sure on the respawn to get to that first one that pops quickly so you don't run into that problem again.

Once you kill those two, there isn't another double pull you'll have to worry about.

Now look to your left and you'll see 4 mobs. 1 on a raised platform with a tree in it. 2 on the floor, standing in front of the stairs, and one high up on the stairs. All of these are single pullable

Once you finish these guys off, depending on gear you should sit and regen mana/hps to wait for the next spawn cycle. If your feeling very brave or you have really good gear, there are 2 more mobs in a little alleyway to the left of the stairs. Both are single pullable.

Now lets say you're higher level, or have friends along with you, your next targets will be up the wooden platform and into the alcoves there. In each one are these stone statue guardians. Some are SKs, watch for the harm touch. Most are just warrior types. These are all single pull mobs. You can cast slow on all of these from the hallway and make a break for it when it lands. Again, pull into the stairway, it really helps.

There are 2 hallways up there with 5-6 mobs. It's really good exp. Don't remember gems dropping, but FS weapons drop all the time. It's a very cool zone.
Grune the Destroyer and his partner in chicanery Leghumper
Find your power animal, junior. It will help you during those tough times when doubt plagues your mind. Mine is the Hammer.
BST62.26/Xg h++ 2.8khp 2.8km ft6 r8 g- e+ 0++ T++ L+I H++ F+++ g b D---

Gizzie

Just been looking for somewhere new to go solo at 57 and was wondering if Veksar would be a good option , went to look for it on www.eqatlas.com but couldn't see mention of it, could some kind soul point me in the right direction and also cast an eye over my eq and advise if it would even be possible for me to solo there :D
Gizzie

Wildblood of Bertoxxulous
Proud Member of Extreme Annihilation

Taiglin

The zone is found in the lake in the Lake of Ill Omen. Basically it is on the west side of the underwater complex (or can follow the line of columns that work their way down into the lake eastward from the west shore). Should also be labeled on the downloadable maps from eqtoolbox am guessing.

As for you soloing there - give it a try. Your gear isn't horrible and the zone is really close where you would be fighting. Would suggest ornate boots if you can get them and are usually very cheap - ~3 or 4k on Nameless. Would also either move the SHFD to your main hand or lose it. Epic comes to mind if you can muster the troops.

<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=841014">Taiglin[/url] 70 Iksar Beastlord
Nameless - <a href="http://www.foolsrepublic.org">Fools Republic[/url]

lermure

what is the is lowest lvl requiered to solo there?

i am at 51 now (on firiona vie server).
Venerable Timine, 65.119 BST Va'Shir, Luclin,  My stuff : http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=694989>here
Troulou, 51.4 BST Va'Shir, Firiona Vie,  My stuff : http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1027373>here
Lermure, 56 Paladin Human, Retired and
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=43405> nude for the joy of Timine stuff.

Andwen

I'm 51 myself and was thinking about trying the Goblins inside Veksar with my NEXT pet, along with my Cleric buddy (same lvl).

With my 55 monk and my necro friend, we would annihilate the undead mobs throughout the zone. He had dire charm of course, and that was absolutely amazing!
You can get some excellent gear drops from named mobs inside veksar too.
Such as the "soulscream belt" and "naraithus"...

Those are deeper inside though, probably need to be higher lvl. I know a lot of the mobs are dark blue to lvl 65 players.

Burrix

QuoteOk, now here is the hardest part. Those 2 mobs against the back wall.... I have never been able to solo pull them single, so count on 2

Try pulling with cancel magic.

Works for me, getting singles all the time.
Burrix <Infectus> - Lvl 65 Beastlord on Valon Zek