Main Menu

GE

Started by Tiegur, August 12, 2004, 05:13:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiegur

Well.. I tried here today.. and I'm having a helluva hard time.. Anyone have any suggestions? Am lvl 56.. Can not break the opening room for the life of me.. 1 mob = alot of downtime.. and the bloody things love to dispell my KEI..

I get about 1.5% xp every kill.. but it just doesn't seem worth it to me.. any help is appreciated

Oneiromancer

Don't break the front room.  Nothing sees invis, so just run in a little bit.  There are several safe spots...off the top of my head, I can think of 4: after the first big room there is a stairway between 2 doors, that stairway is safe...the East exit from a room with a big altar and 3 shrouded willsappers in the corners is a safe hallway...a little bit later there is a very long hallway that is safe...and about halfway through there is a portcullis, the hallway before that is totally safe.  Now, the stuff beyond the portcullis will be too tough for you but everything else should be okay, and once you learn the zone it's all single pullable.  In fact, the only non-singles that I can think of are near the zoneline and beyond the portcullis...assuming you know when there are mobs behind doors.  ;)

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

Tardar

Skip the front room.  Invis and and go straight through that room and into the hallway.  Pet and buff there.  Through the door in front of you now will be a mob that will agro you as soon as you step through just to your right.  Pull him back to that little hall, but don't back up too much in there, or you will agro that front room.  Once that is dead, move in to that room and stay tight right against the wall.  Pull the remaining mob in there to the wall.  Stay on this wall during the fight.  There is a trap in this room that will pop once you run onto the carpet.  Spring that trap and kill.  /pet guard in that room.  Go through the door, there is another safe small hall here.  When you open the door, you will see a mob in front of you.  Don't go in the room.  Pull him with slow back to your pet.  

Then /pet follow, enter that next room, and be ready, there is another trap.  

Now you will be looking down into a big room with mobs all around the walls.  First to be killed is the one to the right of the stairs.  Agro range is small in this room, so you can kill him in place.  As you work your way around the room, stay on the walls, there is a trap in this room also.  Pull to the corners to give your self space.  In this room there are 2 mobs that you can only single pull using the green pet method.  If you don't have suspend minion, just skip them.  Walk out into the room if you want to spring the trap mob, or just skip it if you want.  

By now you can prolly make it to one of your safe spots to med or start working back toward the entrance if there are repops.  As you get higher and stronger, you will be able to make it further in.

Tiegur

Wow, Thanks for the tips guys!! Didn't even think about the inviz part.. will have to do this now lol! Thanks again!

Xarilok

My tip:  Skip GE.

You are 56, the mobs in GE are 54+ and hit rather hard when only 30% slowed.  Not to mention the resist rate on slow you will get there.

At 62, with 3 pet upgrades, a massively better slow, better defence, avoidance, repost, etc.  better AC and regen, and 2 heal upgrades, GE is just BARELY becoming worth it to me to solo there.  Once I get a few more defensive AA it will be really easy.  Now, duo with a druid, its a dream. But solo at 56, you really ought to head elsewhere.

I would think tier 3 nurga would be much better, as would velks.  Yea, velks, thats the place for 56.

It's not really a problem of you pulling the first room or where to hunt there, its more that you are just too low.  I would say 60 is the earliest GE becomes efficiently soloable.
Venerable Xarilok Loungelizard - 62 Beastlord and Cat-Hater extrordinaire.

rhorse

I when there the day sony maked this a hotspot. I a lvl 55 and got in to a grp which wasn't hard to do. In a grp you can get wild exp.