Main Menu

Grinding through JPF at 54

Started by Nanndas, October 26, 2004, 04:27:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nanndas

I just dinged 54 grinding at the Dryads in JPF. Last night in 4 hours I got 6 1/2 blue. Memmed new pet and spells and after killing 3-4 Dryads my xp bar didn't show anything..

What kind of xp can I expect at 54 knowing it's an old "hell level" for the same amount of time frame as last night?

Thanks
Nan
Nanndas - 56 Animist - Drinal Server

Baking - GM + Trophy
Brewing 200
Pottery 179
Smithing 122
Tailoring 115
Jewelcraft 188

NoxCruor

Ok, I was in a similar situation until I figured out what to do.  And with being able to invis and pet doesn't poof, this makes life a LOT easier.

1.  Leave JPF.
2.  Go to PoK.  Grab Virt, KEI, Focus if it's available. (hit your warder with Virt too!)
3.  Drop by the bazaar and pick up two hand of the ixiblats, the summoned muzzle and collar thing.  Pet toys are so wonderful.
4.  Now, go to the Nurgalopedia.  Trust me, you won't regret this.  Download the maps too, these help tremendously!
5.  Head to Nurga.

Now comes the interesting part.  When you zone in and bring up the map, you'll see the different Tiers with the spawn locations.  You're going to want to lev and invis your way down the waterfall.  Go through the tunnel until you get to where Tier B is going to be on your left.  When looking at the map, you want to head towards the green label of Slave Keeper Davirg.  You'll drop down a small ledge if you keep to your left when heading there.  And just as you drop down, you'll see an ogre whose name begins with a P.

This is where you're going to want to hunt at 54.  Was able to get out of 54 in a day.  I was able to do about 16-18% per hour.  7 hours later (had to stop by Plane of Hate last night for a chanter friend for a couple of hours), I was 55.

This is the best place I've found yet for exp at these levels.  I don't want to do Chardok yet because of the quest available there.  Dulak boats are starting to suck.  Torg Mines hits to dang hard and fast even when slowed.  Droga is just a little bit to much to handle at this point.  But Nurga...because of the people here, I went and tried it out.  This place has become my new home.  :)

In Tier B at 54, the mobs will all be dark blue, but they might as well be light blue they're so easy to slaughter.  I chewed through about a good 9 or 10 of them before I had to stop and bandage.  And even then, Tasha was able to destroy them on her own while I dotted and bandaged.

Hope this information helps.
Khillarri
Dark Beastlord Outcast of Shar Vahl
Sworn Protector of the Nox`Cruor Clan
~Hidden within the night, we follow our Prey.  Surrounded by the darkness we seek our retribution.  Over the centuries, you came for us and sought our destruction after learning the truth.  Now, we come for you and seek your death after centuries of torture.~  Orionus Nox`Cruor

bellzebut

i did the Hole entrance up to 55.
at 54 i was geting around 18% per hour with a kei didnt even need any hp buff but it help.
Turn down the Suck!!
--------------------------------------
Duracuire, 56 beastlord
www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=962545
Horgh Solarfall, 58 paladin--Retired

JillieMT

Quote from: NoxCruor
5.  Head to Nurga.

:D
Lady Jillianna Silversoul and Cody
71.181 Halasian Feral Lady - Morell-Thule... erm, Erollisi Marr
Faveo Sulum Ipsemet Ascio

negrismorte

Quote from: bellzebuti did the Hole entrance up to 55.
at 54 i was geting around 18% per hour with a kei didnt even need any hp buff but it help.

solo stuff
Ele warriors at hole entrace were sometime lt blue at 53.  At 54, about half were lt blue.  The new mob, elemental monstrocity, seem to be between crusaders (didnt see any of them recently though) and warriors.  The entrance mobs died VERY VERY fast, they run at low health and will not single until ~58 iirc.

with a partner
Fighting down into the castle, the new model golems were VERY MR and slow was hard to stick even with malo.  Found some constructs futher in (by the pool room) that were only partly slowable.  Exp was not too good at 54, so we left.

bellzebut

duoing there woudl kill the litle xp you get.

But as a soloer i loved every minute of it there.
Dont know why. Was easy and calm and was trying to kill more and more between spawn time (25min aprx.) so i would look at my watch and see if i could killed another construct or no. BTW you can single pull any construct from the pit just cast on them and back up  a bit. Carefull becasue they summon so use slow to pull, although probaby will be resisted or Partially land.

At 55 i could manage to get a blue per run so every 25min or so. Not the fastest but i was killiging like mad and time went pretty fast there.

Everything was LB to me at 55 from entrance to construct outside castle. and from what ive seen,when i falled down the pit and tryed to get out, everything is also LB in castle.

But im a picky soloer. And The hole was fun to me. Probably not for every one.

Edit: As for pulling single ...i was pulling single at 54. Was pulling with slow no problem.
Crusader are the only mob i didnt like they LoH and heal themself so need to nuke hard and slam if possible when they get around 40%.
Other than that they were all prety much easy maybe except the Construct.
Turn down the Suck!!
--------------------------------------
Duracuire, 56 beastlord
www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=962545
Horgh Solarfall, 58 paladin--Retired

Nekokirei

Quote from: NoxCruorYou'll drop down a small ledge if you keep to your left when heading there.  And just as you drop down, you'll see an ogre whose name begins with a P.

Just wanted to confirm the Sleeping Ogre will *not* aggro me if I don't poke it in the eye or something equally air-headed?
Predator Nekokirei
An Officer and
Feral Lady to
Prophets of War -- Stromm

NoxCruor

After looking at the Nurgalopedia, I saw what you were referring to.  No, if you're at the Sleeping Ogre, you're not at the spot I recommend for 54 hunting.  From the looks of it, you're pretty far off, in Tier D, near Tier E.  The place I'm referring to is just past Tier A.  The ogre I was referring to was Pungub Brawlum.

When entering from FM, you'll have a waterfall drop on your left, and a small waterfall on your right.  If you go right, you're heading into Tier C.  If you go left, you'll drop down into Tier A.  Follow that, and when you get to a room where some rails are going over a pit, you're going to want to stay left.

You'll see about 4 or 5 goblins right next to a ledge.  Drop down there, and on your right beside the wall, should be Pungub, as well as the best starting place I have found for hunting Tier B.  Looking down the tunnel (the only direction you can go from here), is the line of mobs that you want to hunt at that level.  :)

Now, not sure if that exactly answers your question, so going to answer specific questions about the sleeping Ogre.

1.  He's for the monk epic.  Dun touch him :P
2.  According to Illia's beastiary, and the Nurgalopedia, this guy is NOT KoS!!  So it should be safe to go near him without agroing him.  However, and I don't think I'm the only one who's had a moment of shouting, WTF???, there have been times when you're not KoS to something, and you get attacked any way.  /shrug

Hope some of this information helps, let me know how it goes :)  Also, Nanndos, how's it going?  Where are you hunting right now and how's the exp flow?
Khillarri
~Hidden within the night, we follow our Prey.  Surrounded by the darkness we seek our retribution.  Over the centuries, you came for us and sought our destruction after learning the truth.  Now, we come for you and seek your death after centuries of torture.~  Orionus Nox`Cruor

Nekokirei

Quote from: NoxCruorNow, not sure if that exactly answers your question, so going to answer specific questions about the sleeping Ogre.

Hope some of this information helps, let me know how it goes :)

More than! Thank you so much for the detailed reply -- I scoped Nurga to the room with the rails (admittedly not very far!) and didn't make it any farther as my trip was unexpectedly cut short.  

I'll definitely let you know how it goes.  Don't know if I'll get a chance for the rest of the week, but this weekend I'll definitely be heading to Nurga -- with a printed copy of your reply at hand. :D

Thanks again Nox!
Predator Nekokirei
An Officer and
Feral Lady to

NoxCruor

My pleasure :)  And if anybody on Xegony is needing some help finding these spots, or help in general, let me know.  I'll drag ya down there myself.  And don't worry about interrupting me.  These days I'm working on raising all tradeskills up to at least 188, with tailoring going up to at least 208 (depends on how many black and haze panther skins I can find).  So, that said, I'll probably be MORE than willing to take a break from that head ache and help a fellow bsty out :)

Chars that I play these days are Alit (65 Clr) or Khillarri (56 Bst).  Gimme a hollar :)
Khillarri

Hereki

Let's see - the sleeping ogre is not KoS, about level 30, and nothing special.  You can kill him if you like, all that happens is that he respawns a couple of hours later.  If you aren't a monk, you can't spawn the mob that monks actually have to fight.

The slave pit has whichever of the slaves hasn't yet been freed; if they are all freed, it will be empty.  If it is Pungub on one server, it probably won't be on any different server.

Nanndas

Thanks for asking Killarri :)

I'm doing fine. Do to my play time I grinded through 54 in JPF. Was a little long as the Dryads were about to go LB.

Got buffed with Kei,HoV and invised and went to run down the Gnoll cave in JPF. Got half way down the tunnels and got rooted, Dotted, SoW was dispelled and then swarmed. Pet must have agroed on the caster. Pet was dying and so was I.. hmmm. Made a run for it but didn't get out. Lost level. Thanks to Jody for the 96% rez. We have a "Rez" channel on Drinal.

Did a few LDoN's to get a buffer in 55. My brother's 51 Druid took me to Nurga. Had to shrink and we went up the waterfall. We are doing ok even though his root wouldn't stick reliably, but I could handle 2 at a time. Fighting down the tunnel we ran into casters and you guessed it. I got feared as well as the druid. He's dying as he was feared right back through the repops at the top of the waterfall. Fear drops, I run back and hehe fell off the waterfall right on top of 3 goblins and die again. I realize after that a left turn and I was on my way to the zone. We will be going back there. Great xp btw..

Now 25% into 55 and will be grouping for a few levels as 41-55 solo was enough.

Be safe !
Nan
Nanndas - 56 Animist - Drinal Server

Baking - GM + Trophy
Brewing 200
Pottery 179
Smithing 122
Tailoring 115
Jewelcraft 188

Nekokirei

Quote from: NoxCruorMy pleasure :)  

Oh it's *terrific* hunting in Nurga!  I''m not able to solo as deep as the ogre, but I clear the entrance mobs and the next rooms with ease if I have Virtue and KEI.  Goes a little slower when they wear off,.

At 51 I'm gettng a full gold bubble every 1:00(give or take a few minutes).  Granted, 5.0 hours to level but hey, I got plenty of time and am in no hurry right now.  Could probably speed it up a tad bit if I went in deeper, but had a good scare and decided to hang near entrance fora bit.

On my server this zone is berloody empty!  In 4 hours of soloing I never saw more than 5 players any one time in zone.  Just me and the occasional high level wizzard doing I know not what.

Oh, the scare was a mob called a Goblin Fire Douser ( I think).  At about 18% hp, this critter started to cast Gate!  Thankfully Fuzzbutt quadded and got in a stun and my Copper Hammer of Striking procc'd so it died almost as soon as the spell message appeared.

Scarey stuff that b/c I'd have to shrink and then lev to get to zoneline.

But anyway, love the zone for xp and lack of compeititon for mobs.  Will definitely suggest to guild next time we're forming up a group and looking to wreak some havoc.  :twisted:

Thank you so much Nox!
Predator Nekokirei
An Officer and
Feral Lady to

NoxCruor

Glad I could help :)  And yeah, on my server too Nurga is all but dead, thank God.  I hate competing for mobs.  Usually when people enter, they go right up the waterfall on the right at the zone in, get wiped due to adds because they don't know how to pull, then leave.  Or, I see a high level doing some sort of Task quest.  Other than that, it's really quiet, and I hope it stays that way.

Really glad you like the place.  Not many places solo that you can do 20% exp per hour.  That's really good at these levels.

Stick with it :)  Though I haven't been there in forever (working on quests, just finished Badge #4 of the Qeynos Badge quests, starting on 5 tonight), I plan to go there and work on AA's until my wife catches up :)  Why waste the good exp when it's just sitting there for the taking, eh?  hehe.
Khillarri

Nekokirei

Just so I wasn't going crazy, I hopped on and solo'd for a timed hour.  Sure enough, 20%.

Simply astounding.

Nurga is terrible -- I hate it.  I'll never go back. No no Nurga! Evil Evil Nurga.

<just throwing off the scent> :)
Predator Nekokirei
An Officer and
Feral Lady to