Main Menu

56 solo

Started by bellzebut, October 28, 2004, 04:09:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bellzebut

at work bored just asking, wil probbably try later tonight.

Im grinding 55 in The hole on LB mob no probelem at all around 18% per hour. And i realy like this place.But was thinking where to go at 56

Just wanted to know after reading numerous post...Velk ?
Since Velk is icy and snow im guessing none of our DD will help kiling runner?
Any oen have an idea on xp per hour there with kei and virtue?

If you were 56 again, where would you go grind? In Nurga, Velk,veksar or any other specific place im missing?

Dont tell me dulak i hate that place.
Turn down the Suck!!
--------------------------------------
Duracuire, 56 beastlord
www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=962545
Horgh Solarfall, 58 paladin--Retired

Et^Cetera

Quote from: bellzebutSince Velk is icy and snow im guessing none of our DD will help kiling runner?

AFAIK there are no runners in velks. all mobs fight till dead.

Your main problem in velks will be single pulling until 58.
Cailus EtCetera with her trusty side kick Elllerton
Always lost, somewhere on AB.

wolverine9981

Try Tier B in Nurga.  I did this at 56 and was making 18-20% exp per hour.  Some of the mobs will be light blue but the exp per hour is better than tier C until lvl 58.
wolverine9981 - 58 - Beastlord - The Tribunal

WOW:
Bainee   - level 52 Shaman - Aggramar
Anduhar - level 48 Hunter    - Aggramar

JillieMT

I second Nurga. As wolverine9981 said, teir b until 58, then you can hit Stabber Remmy room to 60. Quick and easy.

Jaggedpine gnolls are also fun then. Just hit "the pit" in their cave.
Lady Jillianna Silversoul and Cody
71.181 Halasian Feral Lady - Morell-Thule... erm, Erollisi Marr
Faveo Sulum Ipsemet Ascio

bellzebut

thank for info, gona finish my grind to 56 in The Hole, then camp my ogre behind in Nurga for aother try.
Turn down the Suck!!
Duracuire, 56 beastlord

bellzebut

didnt like Nurga last night (unless i was in the wrong spot, but was using map and im pretty sure i was at a good spot) killign is ok but after 20min on LB mix of Db i ididnt even get a blue of xp. Seroioulsly i tougth  something went wrong and my xp didint want to move.
anyway i move to Velk, and to my surprise i like it.
Was able to single pull on the floor (2 gargoyle and teh 2 spider on the rigth at 56)

Got surprise by Invis spider, wich i had forget about eheh
Was nice.
Just wich to get spirirt of flamme and it shoudl be a lot easier there mouhahahah

Thank for all your info guys.
Turn down the Suck!!
Duracuire, 56 beastlord

wolverine9981

I don't understand why the exp was so bad in nurga for you.  The only big difference in our magelo's is my DFC.  This would probably help your DPS if you have some pp to spare.  I managed to get mine for 16k before OoW came out, so you should be able to get a good deal on it now.  I know the gobbies in nurga rarely resist the proc on it and I imagine that the spiders in velk wouldn't resist it either.

WOW:

bellzebut

thank for info.
didnt wanted to relly on proc for DPS, but will see.

As for Nurga, yeah something wasnt right. Gona try another time this weekend.

Just to be sure, i was hunting in a small tunel/pit area.
I drop down the waterfall and took left at the end where there is a railroad you can cross (where you agro mob bellow eheh)
and was working my way down there and up.

PS. Boil blodd and all those stupide DoT are base on what? (poison, disease?) didnt manage to cure myself with poison or disease cure.
Turn down the Suck!!
Duracuire, 56 beastlord

wolverine9981

DFC will end up higher average DPS.  The proc can be streaky, you can see some rounds with no procs and some with 4 or 5, but most of the time I will get 1-3.  WA helps alot to get it to proc more consistently.  Boil Blood sucks its a fire resist and has a -100 modifier so resisting it is rare for me with 119 FR.  Since it is fire it cant be cured.  I started in that pit and worked my way to the next room straight ahead, through the tunnel to the right of that room and then into the frost caller room before the pit repoped.  Thats about 25 mobs in 20 min and I was getting 1% normal exp every 4-5 mobs depending on which ones were LB and DB.  One thing I learned is that you dont need to slow the casters because they will normally just sit there and try to cast and this will save you some mana for a nuke.  Also you can stack targets for you warder.  Ex attacking Mob A Target Mob B hit Pet Attack when Mob A dies the pet will go after Mob B because its on its hate list.

WOW:

bellzebut

Yeah im used to that since i fougth in the hole and was trying to get the more kill before my 25min repop upthere.

Guess ill try again like i mention, will see about the DFC since i just bough my spirit of snow spell ( 6k what a deal :) , and my new back slot) so pretty pp less rigth now but stil have good crap to sell (15k+) so will see this weekend
Turn down the Suck!!
Duracuire, 56 beastlord

kayisiss

hmm my guess compare your regen wolverine9981 I take has race regen and bellzebut doesn't

Tiroon

Spirit of Snow makes Velk's now very unattractive. For fighting gobbies in Nurga it will be a big help.

Slowing: I agree with Wolverine that slowing casters is a waste of mana for the most part. Shaman mobs are borderline because they see themselves as melee as much as casters. Depending on how much mana you need for healing after fighting one you might slow them or not.

Necros: The fire dot has become extremely annoying after the changes a few patches ago. The best way to deal with it is not catching it in the first place. :-D Nurga necros (not sure if this is normal behavior) cast boil blood only on whoever is meleeing them. Do some damage, stay out of melee range and let your pet deal with necros while you loot, check/recast buffs, get something from the fridge or, what I usually end up doing, pull a melee and fight that one while your warder eats the necro and the dot.
Tiroon Firefang
Vah Shir Savage Lord
Stromm

Ignorance killed the cat! Curiosity was framed.