Main Menu

Nurga 55

Started by Zeezrum, November 03, 2004, 02:27:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeezrum

teir b (the light blue ones) are now going light blue,

my pet and I can take 2 without me dropping even a red bubble of health or a blue bubble of mana,

Im not quite sure how to proceed to the next teir, or if I should wait till I get 56 and my new pet.

Suggestions?

should I start at the top near the zone to FM or go around and start at the bottom between Dblues and Lblues (teir b and c)

thanks =)
_________
that'll do donkey, that'll do.

bellzebut

Ive never hunted there yet but going to move there at 56 (only because i love slaughthering in The hole  :twisted:  )

But frome someone in another post
''Try Tier B in Nurga. I did this at 56 and was making 18-20% exp per hour. Some of the mobs will be light blue but the exp per hour is better than tier C until lvl 58.''

So stay in TierB. Xp per hour is the must above 50. If yoru geting around 15% xp per hour consider this to be good from what ive seen so far.

Hope it help
Turn down the Suck!!
--------------------------------------
Duracuire, 56 beastlord
www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=962545
Horgh Solarfall, 58 paladin--Retired

Liandra

I moved there last night.  I could easily keep the area around the 1st 2 Tier A named spawns clear.  I was there for almost 2 hours and made about 60% xp.

I am currently 49 and with the new pet I can easily take the mobs in tier A.  About 1/4 is LB and they are all single pulls (assuming you keep an eye on the wanderers).  With KEI i arely go below 70% mana.  I will be staying here for quite a few lvls to come.  8)
Katriona
Lvl 49 Beastlady of Halas
Member of the  Wandering Wolves on Venril Sathir

Dahr

Has anyone tried Nurga lately at 55ish? I've thought about going there, but since I have never tried it before I don't want to risk screwing up if it's not going to be worth it. ;)
Dahrl
55 Vah Shir Beastlord
Cazic Thule

Tiroon

The problem with Nurga is the same as with quite a few other places. With the release of OoW mobs there have learned to cast fear and the can make it stick too.

SOE has said on the official boards that the change was unintended but no news have come through since.

While it seems to be no problem for me at 62 the change has proved devastating to lower level characters in Nurga. Necromancers and Shadowknights are common and I've seen them chain cast fear in many, many fights.

On my last  trip to Nurga a few days ago I had a level 59 chanter with me. I thought at his level it should be no problem but 140 MR was not enough and he got feared immediately when he got aggro from the first necro we fought (mind you he was warned - the second chanter in the group was killed in the first fight after she was feared off by a SK). O.k. perhaps it was just bad luck but it fits the pattern. I've seen now just too many players who zoned in leaving a short time later after a CR for recommending the place to anybody below 60.

I'd love to hear what other have experienced since OoW was released. It would be good if we could establish a sort of baseline of level/MR for soloing in Nurga.
Tiroon Firefang
Vah Shir Savage Lord
Stromm

Ignorance killed the cat! Curiosity was framed.

Nekokirei

--Unfortunately, I can't recall my MR during my early 50s.  Pretty sure around 57 I had MR of 130ish unbuffed.

I'm trying to recall.  I'm pretty sure I did AAs in Nurga at 51 soloing Tier 1 mobs.  I'm also pretty sure that was *after* OoW as well.  Fear never took, but Boil Blood--or its level equivelant--would routinely stick.

Think I did Tier 1 mobs till like 53, as xp per hour was sinking, went to Dulak b/c Tier 2 were too tough and I got feared like a little kitten--even with Endure Magic up.

Went back at 57 and did Tier 2 mobs starting with Stabber Remmi room and coninueing on to clear Rebellious Goblin room--rinse and repeat.  Fear never took--*without* Endure Magic up--but Boil Blood was a "friend" until level 59 where it decidely was rarely sticking.

Haven't been back since dinging 60--Fungus Grove is perfect due to merchants, bank, and due to increased guild responsiblities, relative ease of getting to PoK  or a "meet ya halfway" zone.

However, I do remember, a few days after OoW went live, I did an LDoN and the first mob we pulled Feared meself and a Ranger--terrific way tos tart an adventure.  And, fellow guildies who normally did LDoNs were very much upset by the amount of  Fearing going on and just got fed up and only do LDoNs as "needed" now.
Predator Nekokirei
An Officer and
Feral Lady to
Prophets of War -- Stromm

LOUDRampart

I agree with the assessment that fear in Nurga has changed.  I have ran several sub-60 characters through Nurga for the xps and never had a problem with it.  But last week, I was just at the entry to Tier B with my Ogre Bst (lvl 51) while two boxing a lvl 62 druid and the bst got feared.  I was initially shocked to see him run screaming like a wood elf through the tunnels.  Then when the fear broke, I had one heck of a train head his way and there was no way I could make it to the zone, lol.  Good thing I have a pocket cleric!

The point is that despite what the devs say, Nurga has changed and is much more deadly for the "level appropriate" players.

Hereki

Stabber Remmy room is actually tier 3; not surprising that it was harder than you expected :).

Nekokirei

Quote from: Hereki on February 25, 2005, 12:48:00 PM
Stabber Remmy room is actually tier 3; not surprising that it was harder than you expected :).

/doht

That would explain it eh?  For some reason I was thinking tier 2.  Dang, missed out on the real tier 2 then and suffered in Dulak.

/bonks self on head

Still, I love that zone--just don't like the there and back again travel time.  Hafta make a trip out there and try Tier 4 to test the Fear factor.

Predator Nekokirei
An Officer and
Feral Lady to
Prophets of War -- Stromm

Hereki

I found tier 4 to be the ideal place for AAs at 62.  It slowed down slightly at 63 and 64, and at 65 I had to move to tier 5, as 4 was all light blue.  At 66, Nurga is all light blue.