Main Menu

Would this be possible?

Started by Beastile, November 04, 2004, 06:27:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beastile

Have never posted to this board before so bear with me  :D

I use to use my necromancer in PoD and kite mobs along the "Bone Wall."  I hardly ever got adds, but it would happen on occasion.

My question is, if I'm really really careful, can I do this at my lvl (55) on my Bst?  Would I be able to stack enough aggro to let the pet kill it?  Or do they run too fast to be able to keep aggro?  I use to snare them so it didn't matter, I haven't played with bst aggro kiting much yet.

I play at funny times and I remember this being a great xp spot a while back.......

Also, I know I need like a solstice kit earring and such, but if you have a suggestion on gear that isn't ultra expensive (over 8-10K) let me know.
Thks,
Beastile Oreptile
55 Animist  Tarrew Marr

Hereki

Beastlords don't make good aggro kiters solo.  We can't snare (the hobble AA doesn't count), and our warder doesn't hit nearly as often when the mob is at full speed.  However, we are great at getting and keeping aggro, so if a ranger or druid is available, aggro kiting makes a lot of sense.

Beastile

Well I gave it a shot to see how it would go.

I set up camp about halfway up the Bone wall.  Sow'd myself and pet....brought up the following lineup:

1. Sha's Lethargy
2. Listless Power
3. Ice shard
4. Frost shard
5. Ice spear
6. FoL (in case things went stupidly wrong)
7. Venom of the snake
8. Sha's Restoration (just in case pet takes over aggro....)

I would run out and try to proximity aggro either a rat, goo, or larvae.....no spiders.....I repeat..no spiders......

It would take me about 5 minutes to pull the mob with sha's, run back a ways towards pet...stop hit it with listless power, run further back to pet......hit it with VoS......

Now instead of sicking pet right away I would kite it up the wall towards the opening with the lightcrawlers until I hit my 2 big nukes by this time they would be down to about 90-92% life.  I would then sick pet (taunt off of course, and no proc buffs on at all.  He was hasted with Bond of the wild).  Kite back and forth across the bone wall and cast the nukes over and over and over......refreshing VoS probably 3 times during the fight.

They would stop and run at just under 20 percent and I would jump in and melee...

I was getting 1 percent regular xp as an Iksar per kill.  Not too bad.  However it took anywhere from 4.5 to 6.5 minutes for me to kill one this way.  So it doesn't really make sense to hunt them as I can't kill them quick enough to do better than other places that yield 15% to 18% an hour of regular xp.

Anyways, I gave it a shot....if you have a snarer it might go much quicker.
Beastile Oreptile
55 Animist  Tarrew Marr

negrismorte

aggro kiting isnt too bad as a time killer waiting for a group.  Our dots, nukes and pets (esp with the loss of the proc) are just too low on DPS for my taste.  I used to do frogs in PoS at 62.  Very nice exp per kill, but, it would take 15 min to kill one from start to finish.