Main Menu

3 person LDoN's

Started by Nanndas, November 10, 2004, 08:57:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nanndas

Has anyone tried them and if so how are the encounters compared to a 6 person one. Are they feasible?

My brother 2 boxes. On one account (his son's) he has a 55 cleric,  53 rogue and 52 wizzie. On his own he has a 54 cleric, 52 pally and 51 druid.

Along with my 55 BL, I thought the 54 cleric and 52 wizzie would make a good group.

I thought that we could do 2 a night as we live at opposite ends of the country. When it's 9pm out there, I want to pack it in as it's midnight here. My son is quickly leveling up his rogue to eventually make it a 4 person group.

Any thoughts ?

Nan
Nanndas - 56 Animist - Drinal Server

Baking - GM + Trophy
Brewing 200
Pottery 179
Smithing 122
Tailoring 115
Jewelcraft 188

Hereki

Quite a few people multi-box in LDoN; in fact, you should read some of the threads in the multi-boxing section.

If you haven't done it before, they are very doable, although obviously tougher.  You get exactly the same dungeon as a full group of the same average level.  This means that you need to be careful about which theme you use, and which type you choose.  Low collects seems to be favourites, obviously.

There is one trick worth knowing about - if you have a wide level spread of characters, you can group a low character with higher ones to get the next level down, making it easier.  You would want your beastlord to be the highest level in the group to make tanking easier, and keep the cleric low.

Nanndas

Thanks Hereki.  :)
Yes, I posted this here and then realized I should have used the Multi-Boxing forum.

His favorite combo seems to be 54 cleric and 52 Wizzie. He is not comfortable with the rogue. Yes, a low collect would seem to be a better idea. Just wondering on the time frame. We did a 5 man collect 29 the other night and it took us just over an hour. And that combo was 54 SK, 54 Cleric, 53 Mage, 52 Shammy and myself, 55 BL.

I like MM themes as there are hardly any runners. He likes Sro as he claims the pp is better. I have 40 points in MM (I bought Pack Shrew) and would prefer MM. I think I need some items from there. I'll have to talk to him about it.

Thanks again
Nan
Nanndas - 56 Animist - Drinal Server

Baking - GM + Trophy
Brewing 200
Pottery 179
Smithing 122
Tailoring 115
Jewelcraft 188

Hereki

As for time, you should be able to do most within the full 90 minutes.  You will take some practice to work out to do them efficiently.  In a normal full group you ought to be able to work an adventure in 30 minutes or so.

You need: MM for weapon augs (lifetap) and second best armor; N Ro for DPoC; S Ro for Shrew (for pet) and the best armor.  Those should be your main targets, forget about pp :).

Zeek Noblesquire

Quote from: Hereki on November 11, 2004, 06:51:17 PM
You need: MM for weapon augs (lifetap) and second best armor; N Ro for DPoC; S Ro for Shrew (for pet) and the best armor.  Those should be your main targets, forget about pp :).

Hi, I am kinda LDoN ignorant,  Anyone mind linking this armor that I have underlined?  And tell the name of it.  I dont know much about what items can be bought or where you get it.  Hehe, I am level 58 and have only done 4 LDoN's  :-o

If this armor is better than what I am wearing, then I will have to make a better effort to go after it!  thanks for your help  8-)

--Zeek
Zenoch Noblesquire. Vah Shir BST (Firiona Vie Server) Officer <Lost Souls of Vengeance>
70 Beastlord - My Gear

Hereki

I looked it up on Beastlord LDoN Guide:

Mucus Drenched (Guk) - ac 30, hp 100, etc
Immortal Blood Tainted (Mistmoore) - ac 28, hp 75, etc

Zeek Noblesquire

Quote from: Hereki on January 22, 2005, 02:42:08 PM
I looked it up on Beastlord LDoN Guide:

Mucus Drenched (Guk) - ac 30, hp 100, etc
Immortal Blood Tainted (Mistmoore) - ac 28, hp 75, etc

Wow Thanks!   The LDoN Guide is a pretty great link!  Thanks for your help.  :lol:
Zenoch Noblesquire. Vah Shir BST (Firiona Vie Server) Officer <Lost Souls of Vengeance>
70 Beastlord - My Gear

Tillath

I have never done a 3 person, but I have done a 4 person.  Me, SK, 2 druids.  Mobs seem to be spaced out a little more and were a little bit lower level (didn't hit quite as hard and took about the same amount of time to kill as the ones in a 6 person LDoN did).  Still get 2 and 3 pulls on occasion but seems that the adventure takes into account how many people are in the group when populating mob placement.  Time wise - finished about the same time as would have with a full group of 6.  Not sure about 3 person ones though.
Tillath Silverwolf (and his trusty warder Dammitt)
65 Feral Lord of the Tribunal
Husband to Margay Silverwolf, Storm Warden of Tunare
Brell Serilis (now Cazic Thule)

Hereki

Dungeons are the same, regardless of the size of group.  The only thing that matters is average level, rounded down; the break point is as that goes from *2 to *3.  That has been confirmed by devs (posts on eqlive, I think).

Oneiromancer

I'll second that...it's been stated several times by the devs that they make absolutely no allowances for the number of people in your group.

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

Tillath

Ok, I stand corrected :)

Thanks for clarifying that.  Have only done a few with 4 people and it was a zone I was used to (mir with a familiar map layout) and was just posting my impressions of it.  I also wasn't pulling, so the information I provided about mob spacing is what the puller told me and what I saw coming into camp.  /shrug.
Tillath Silverwolf (and his trusty warder Dammitt)
65 Feral Lord of the Tribunal
Husband to Margay Silverwolf, Storm Warden of Tunare
Brell Serilis (now Cazic Thule)

Dakat

With twinked gear you should be able to handle Hard LDONs with that set up. Hard LDONs are not that tough at the lower levels. I recommend doing only hards from 50 to 60. Mobs are not that much tougher have the same amount of HP, but best of all, offer more LDON points per success.