Main Menu

Nurga Waterfall passable?

Started by Et^Cetera, November 16, 2004, 08:03:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Et^Cetera

As you zone into nurga .. there is a small waterfall on the right hand side that you can "run up" with 3 mobs at the top.

In the same patch in which "the Hole" entrance was changed so you couldnt wiggle through, ever since then I havent been able to run up this waterfall

Is it possible to run up this waterfall at all now?
Cailus EtCetera with her trusty side kick Elllerton
Always lost, somewhere on AB.

Nekokirei

Yup, but I'm pretty sure I had to shrink first.  I'll try w/o shrink tonite when I log in to that evil, vile, boring, cruddy zone.
Predator Nekokirei
An Officer and
Feral Lady to
Prophets of War -- Stromm

Nanndas

I went last week and I used shrink 2 times to get up the waterfall..

Nan
Nanndas - 56 Animist - Drinal Server

Baking - GM + Trophy
Brewing 200
Pottery 179
Smithing 122
Tailoring 115
Jewelcraft 188

Hereki

You can still wiggle inot the Hole.  It just isn't easy.

You will need to shrink once or twice to swim up the waterfall - same trick works to get up the big waterfall, if you want to.

Et^Cetera

excellent .. made it up ... shrink was the thing i was missing

Now, there are 3-4 mobs up there that I can see...

All DB to my Paladin/Shaman alts .. anyone know when they start to go LB?

Hereki

I think it will be somewhere in the 59-61 before they go light blue.

Et^Cetera

EEEP - I want expecting it to be that high.

I got up the waterfall with shrink and camped there invis for the night and will do some more reserch on my mobs.

I know casters and runners will make life "fun" but I hear its by far the best exp around that level at the moment given Kunark + Luclin expansions only, given that its still a hotspot IIRC.

Fingers crossed.. will try it tommorrow. /pray

Besides, I was planning to stop at 60 and do AA anyway due to the fact the shaman doesnt have POP, and this looks like the right place to do it........just need to survive 54-59 :)

I come to this board even when not using my BST becuase other sites just dont compare to the quality I get here.

Hereki

This is the 54/50 pair, right?

Best spot for that pair in Nurga, I think, would be where the slave spawns.  Will be some light blues for the 54, but will be solid dark blue for a couple of levels for the 50.

Drop down the big waterfall, and follow the tracks straight ahead.  You come to a pit - do not go down that one; instead head left, where there is another big pit - this one empty.  Drop down, and pull from the tunnel ahead.  You can pull everything up to the shaman with a pet, who is higher level and a bit annoying at that level - be careful, as it has a much larger aggro range than the others.

Pulling the big room with the named PH (the room isn't that big, it just has 5 or 6 goblins very close together) you will probably end up with 2 if you don't pacify, but everywhere else you can get singles.

Things to watch out for:

- runners, of course; root, snare if you have the necklace, nuke if you can;
- fear.  You are likely to get feared at some point, this stops landing when you get better resists and level up some more;
- harm touch.  The SKs will drop a HT on you.  Pulling 2 or more SKs at the same time can hurt.

Always pull them back a ways, as the shaman pet will cause low level aggro at a wider range than normal.

To exit, you have to invis and run a large circuit; make sure you have the map downloaded.

You might as well start in the Stabber Remy room and see how you make the pulls and handle runners there - zone is close if you get into trouble.

NoxCruor

Cailus, check out This Post.

Some good information posted there about Nurga.  It might be able to help ya out :)
Khillarri
Dark Beastlord Outcast of Shar Vahl
Sworn Protector of the Nox`Cruor Clan
~Hidden within the night, we follow our Prey.  Surrounded by the darkness we seek our retribution.  Over the centuries, you came for us and sought our destruction after learning the truth.  Now, we come for you and seek your death after centuries of torture.~  Orionus Nox`Cruor