Main Menu

Unmetioned spot

Started by Charronn, November 30, 2004, 07:12:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charronn

Hi all, this is my first post here, but noticed there was one great hunting spot not mentioned yet. I have spent from 57 to 59 soloing in GE. I am not super equiped, but have good enough gear. there are several rooms not too far from the entrance in dsp where you can single pull mobs, without worrying about adds. Repops are good, with enough time for healing and mana regen. Good MR is a must though, unless you like having buffs dispelled every 2 mins and rebuffing lol. Just my 2 cents, but GE is great for 57 to 65 I would say  :lol:
Charronn Deferyman
Beasty on Tunare
Leader, Fellowship of the Unbroken

Oneiromancer

GE is discussed very heavily in the 65-69 forum, and probably the 60-64 one too, and is a favorite spot for many soloing beastlords at that level.  In general I believe it is considered inefficient for lower levels than that, but if it works for you then perhaps they are wrong...

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

Nekokirei

Quote from: OneiromancerGE is discussed very heavily in the 65-69 forum, and probably the 60-64 one too, and is a favorite spot for many soloing beastlords at that level.  In general I believe it is considered inefficient for lower levels than that, but if it works for you then perhaps they are wrong...

Game on,

I'd been pondering GE since dinging 55 last night and wondering if there wasn't a quite little spot where a 50-something Beast might solo.

I know in groups it's pretty awesome, but I'll heed the advice of the wise and hold off solo until mid-to-late 60s.  :wink:
Predator Nekokirei
An Officer and
Feral Lady to
Prophets of War -- Stromm

Oneiromancer

I think mostly at your level you'll want the higher slow you get at 60, and the haste to up your dps, and especially the upgraded pet at 62.  After that I'd say it shouldn't be that hard, single pulling is the same regardless of level once you find the right spots.  Just...inefficient if your dps isn't high enough and you're taking too much damage.  Beastlords do best when they kill lots of mobs without having to take med breaks.

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

Nekokirei

Quote from: Oneiromancer on November 30, 2004, 10:52:40 PM
I think mostly at your level you'll want the higher slow you get at 60, and the haste to up your dps, and especially the upgraded pet at 62.  After that I'd say it shouldn't be that hard, single pulling is the same regardless of level once you find the right spots.  Just...inefficient if your dps isn't high enough and you're taking too much damage.  Beastlords do best when they kill lots of mobs without having to take med breaks.

Game on,

Aye!  I started soloing the Armoury in Dulaks when all the ships were taken.  Good gawds allmighty!  Non-stop pulls and I pinged 2 AAs.  Granted, it's only 22% an hour, but still not bad as I'm looking to get Venerable over me pointy skull.  Headed back to bank and unload, lucked out w/a MGB virt and kei, headed back to armoury, non-stop death and destruciton.
Predator Nekokirei
An Officer and
Feral Lady to
Prophets of War -- Stromm