Main Menu

Nurgalopedia maps.

Started by Felishar, December 21, 2004, 07:35:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Felishar

Ok so i'm going to be doing some hunting in nurga, the EQ Toolbox maps are nigh unreadable by my blind self, I hear there are some maps that came from the fabled Nurgalopedia that can give me a better grasp of the zone. I can't however find them after about 20 min's of googling. Does anyone have a link they can confirm works, Or post the .txt files to be dropped into maps dir?

Thanks in advance for help
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1138443">Felishar

Tunare

I have walked the plains and paths of Norrath many times, this time I will not be denied.

Hereki

Nurgalopedia link.

I think some of the maps for Nurga on mapfiend include the Nurgalopedia data. (Mapfiend == EQ Toolbox these days)

Tiroon

Had the same problem and solved it by changing the background of the map display to dark yellow/brownish color. Ugly but it works.
Tiroon Firefang
Vah Shir Savage Lord
Stromm

Ignorance killed the cat! Curiosity was framed.

Oneiromancer

You can also use Mappie to change the colors of all the lines to black (or whatever you want) at once.

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

Sorien

I posted the information below about a EQ Toolbox MAP question about GE.  Below is the information, just substitue the GE for Nurga :)

There is a problem with the GE map for those that have not altered our map viewing file.  It is all in white lines!

To fix this, 
1) Go to c:/program files/sony/everquest/maps (Directory will look something like this)
2) Open the Greig's map file as a text file (Wordpad/Notepad/etc.)
3) Using the Edit/Replace... function, change the numbers to 0, 0, 0
4) Ex: If the last three numbers for each line were 153, 153, 153
5) Enter in the Find What dialog box with 153
6) Enter in the Replace With dialog box with 0
7) Hit the Replace All key

This will change all of the lines that were white - black for your easier viewing.  Also be sure to save the file after you are done.  If you have the game running and are Atl+Enter into the file, the changes will not take effect.  In fact, they will change back to the original settings.  You have to be completely out of the game for the changes to take complete effect.

Hope this helps,

Sarinth

Nekokirei

Quote from: Sorien on December 31, 2004, 08:37:46 PM
I posted the information below about a EQ Toolbox MAP question about GE.  Below is the information, just substitue the GE for Nurga :)

There is a problem with the GE map for those that have not altered our map viewing file.  It is all in white lines!

Hope this helps,

Sarinth

Hrm.  I have an issue on some maps with the lines being a pale shade of grey and the GE map for me is definitely white-lined.  I'm not big on using Mappie and am wondering if altering the map viewing file is a viable workaround, and, if so, how do I alter the map viewing file?
Predator Nekokirei
An Officer and
Feral Lady to
Prophets of War -- Stromm

Oneiromancer

All Mappie does is read the map files for you and make the changes that you would have to do otherwise.  All I ever did was make all the lines black, on the maps where it was hard to read otherwise.

I'm not sure what you mean by the "map viewing file".  I assume you mean the actual map file, which was explained above I think...each line has a set of three numbers in it which refers to the RGB colors.  You can change those manually or have another program change them for you, the result is the same in the end, it'll just take you a hell of a lot longer to do it manually.

Game on,

Nekokirei

Quote from: Oneiromancer on February 07, 2005, 08:34:23 PM
All Mappie does is read the map files for you and make the changes that you would have to do otherwise.  All I ever did was make all the lines black, on the maps where it was hard to read otherwise.

I'm not sure what you mean by the "map viewing file".  I assume you mean the actual map file, which was explained above I think...each line has a set of three numbers in it which refers to the RGB colors.  You can change those manually or have another program change them for you, the result is the same in the end, it'll just take you a hell of a lot longer to do it manually.

Game on,

Oh!  I'll check out Mappie then, thanks for the heads up.

As far as "map viewing file" I"m not sure what the hell I mean either. :D

I was referring to Sorien's post :

Quote from: Sorien on December 31, 2004, 08:37:46 PM
I posted the information below about a EQ Toolbox MAP question about GE. Below is the information, just substitue the GE for Nurga :)

There is a problem with the GE map for those that have not altered our map viewing file. It is all in white lines!

Sarinth

Any idea what Sorien means?
Predator Nekokirei
An Officer and
Feral Lady to
Prophets of War -- Stromm

Oneiromancer

He means the text map file.  The file that EQ reads to produce the map.  The file that you can manually edit with just Notepad if you wanted...that I was referring to above as well.

Basically your maps are just a whole bunch of lines.  Each entry in the map file is the starting coordinates, the ending coordinates, and the color of the line.  At the end of the file are the labels, which have only one set of coordinates but still have the color and also have the text for the label (and the size of the text).

Mappie reads these text files and is able to parse them into their own maps.  It can read the colors, and can change all (or some) of the colors at once.

Note that if you make changes to a map that is provided by EQ, then the next time you run the patcher it will download the original file.  Since you are already using the custom maps I'm sure you know this already...but if for some reason you were using the SOE-supplied map for, say, PoK, and wanted to change the colors, then you'd have to change poknowledge_1.txt so that it didn't just replace it as soon as you ran the patcher.

Game on,