Main Menu

help with picking a spot.

Started by sayrel, May 18, 2005, 09:43:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sayrel

I am a level 45 beastlord now, and I have been in CoM and it has been really good XP but it slowed down at 45.  I have a 68 Cleric to help.  I was wondering if the Hole was any better than CoM at this level or if any other place was better for me?

thanks.

Oneiromancer

First thing that pops in my head is the boats in Dulak.  Actually, you could probably hunt in Torgiran mines for the Malaria spell with a cleric helping like that, but it might be too slow.  It's always nice working towards something while exp'ing though.

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

Dakat

You would be better off in the Hole.  Since it is a HOTZONE atm. You should do well there up to level 53. Maybe a little higher if you go deeper into the zone.

Pantherdude

Try the Scarlet Desert, you will be happy that you did.

JillieMT

Psst... Ogguk... start whacking the guards... lotsa money, GREAT xp... will get you to 49 easy... there are a few threads about it in here somewhere...  :-D
Lady Jillianna Silversoul and Cody
71.181 Halasian Feral Lady - Morell-Thule... erm, Erollisi Marr
Faveo Sulum Ipsemet Ascio

jetashx

i would try the hole or the bloodgill goblins in lake of ill omen.
the goblins have a little over 1k hp and have a fast respawn time.

Jetashx
55 beasty

Coldbeast

i did gunthak at about 45  .. it was fast and even jumped into a few groups to help some clerics get the stuff they needed to get there temp spell ..the xp slows down doing that .. but actualy had a few throw me some good cash for helping them and alot of the time .. i now dont have to pay for virt .. even tho i always offer .... but when they leave its back to solo killin and good xp... i got 45 - 49 there .or do hill giants... get the highest hp buff for you and pet and mind candy and youll be good to go.. great cash too ..

statonflame

If I recall I pounded out 45 in Oggok as well for awhile, then moving to Jaggedpine beating up on Poachers at 49-52ish if not a bit further. And if I recall correctly Jaggedpine flew for me at the poacher camp, quick kills for a bst and fast respawns...by the time i finished one tent and moved to another, the first tent was respawn which made for very fast lvling. Afterwards it was Dulak till I read the Nurgalopedia and I just found myself drawn there. I had a bit of trouble at 54 trying to do tier B, ( couldn't get the runner down ) and looked into other areas mentioned in various posts on this site. But somehow still found myself back at 55 to Nurga grinding my way at tier B and dispatching runners with my nuke only occasionally getting an add. Spent mid 55 and a small dent into 56 hunting in Scarlett desert which I did not find too bad as long as I was soloing there. At 56, which I'm still currently at, I've found myself being asked to group more often in PoN than anywhere else which has been ok xp wise. Finding groups has been a little spotty for me as I moved from Karana ( the Rathe ) to Bristlebane with a few ppl from my old guild who stopped playing eq for the most part after we all moved ( go figure ) so find myself more and more looking for " good " groups to get into and a new bunch of folks who I can join up with alot to really grind out some lvls...I have been 56 almost a month which saddens me, tho in all honesty, i've taken 4 other toons into the mid 30's in that time my bst has not lvl'd so I am still being constructive, just not on my main. Anyway, I'm getting away from the point of this post a bit. I will continue to check these posts as I've found absolute valuable info as far as good places to hunt, and even valuable techniques to some of the higher lvl zones. Those above tho were where I spent most of my times from lvl 49 up through now and lvl'd pretty quickly thru those lvls

Jilelorm

I would highly suggest Echo Caverns here.  Brought me from about 44-49 (which was the new pet level at the time I leveled, believe its 47 now).  Exp flew and the cash was somewhat decent, not stellar, but kept me from going broke at least.  Not sure how it is in the tanking department, because I played pet cleric at the time, and the gear I had wasn't spectacular.  You have a pocket cleric on you though (something that I lack).  It should keep you leveling from 44-49, you can do it up to 52 if you decide to go to the TM room from 49-52 (I wouldnt suggest trying his room at any other level).

As to the Scarlet Desert, I wouldn't really give it a shot, with poor resists you might end up with one of the bogling adds, and they seem to be wizard mobs with FAST casting spells that hit well into the 700s, plus their melee.  I struggled to keep up even at 54 in the zone due to the bogling mobs, unless I had Infusion (3rd year vet AA) up.  A lucky round would more than likely kill you even with the 68 cleric.  Although it is some pretty good cash.

Hole would probably be a nice place to try as Dakat said.  You might have trouble getting singles at the zone in to start with, the mobs are pretty easy though and typically drop quickly (old world mobs).

Never been to Ogguk though, wish I did now.

Boats or the boat docks in Dulak would be feasible for you and the cleric, only problem would be runners if they get too far.
Jilelorm Wolfpetter (65 Feral Lord (Beastlord))
Cenadyen Mesery (78 Entrancer (Enchanter))
There are two players in the Village of Death[/red] 8)
Erollisi Marr/Morrell Thule

Waeoth

I know that I am really late on this post but just in case anyone with the same question asks. Broodlands! I went from 44 to 50 here in less than a week. You will need someone to help you out with heals but with exp AA popped I was getting 5% per kill when I first showed up there. The only thing that sucks are the adds but I thought it was worth it.