Main Menu

Level 56 and a Laptop

Started by buddybl, June 19, 2005, 03:49:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

buddybl

I'm fortunate enough to play on a little itty bitty laptop at  work. (graveyard shifts sometimes have perks.)
However, my vision is limited, and running down mobs isnt going to be the most practical for me.

At lvl 56 and fairly well geared, where is a suggestable place to xp ?
Velks - white mobs on a white background, plus inviso mobs and unable to single pull.
Nurga- afraid of runners.
KC - ?
Dulak - ?
Any suggestions ?

:wink: thanks for the tips in advance.

JillieMT

Do not fear Nurga... We can stop runners you know... use your NUKES!

Hit Stabber Remy room. That can take you to 60.

Have a nice day.  :-D
Lady Jillianna Silversoul and Cody
71.181 Halasian Feral Lady - Morell-Thule... erm, Erollisi Marr
Faveo Sulum Ipsemet Ascio

Prelgor

Quote from: JillieMT on June 24, 2005, 04:30:53 AM
Do not fear Nurga... We can stop runners you know... use your NUKES!

Indeed!  I second the notion of "Snare by massive DPS". :)  I've been soloing a lot in Acrylia Caverns, which is a pretty similar experience to when I soloed in Nurga.  Start each fight with a nuke and save the recast until the mob turns to run.  If mana regen is a problem, skip the first cast and just save it for runners.  Get the best stun proc and dex buff you can on your warder.  Having Spirit of Flame is definitely nicer than the base model (Spirit of Wind?).  You're nowhere close to guaranteeing a stun-lock, but there have been many times when I've had a mob stunned rather than running, and a few seconds can make all the difference between a kill and a train.  Heck, buy one of those stun-proccing gnoll whips, if you're going to be there for a while.  I also try to time my dots so they don't expire before the mob turns to run.  Now that Malaria lasts for 11 ticks, this is rarely a problem for me. 

If you decide, after hunting in Nurga, that the goblins just aren't doing it for you (loincloths are SO last year's fashion...), you can also try Nadox.  The zone-in area from Torgiran Mines has a whole bunch of single-pullable trolls that you should be able to take at your level.  There are two added bonuses.  Sometimes Spiritcharmer Hargortaz (sp?) will spawn instead of one of the regular trolls, and he usually drops a chain bracelet that sells well.  Rarely, another named (I forget...) will spawn on the death of whatever you just killed.  This one often drops the Charm of Deception, which also sells well.  Don't try Nadox by the bridge over the lava river - that area is a bit tougher.  I recommend going from Gunthak to Nadox, swimming invisibly up the lava river, and heading for the safe spot.  You want to do this invisibly, since there are a few fire elementals in the lava who do not see invis.  Heal or renew invis, if necessary (with SoW, regen and your fire resist buff, the lava damage shouldn't be too bad).  Run down the hallway towards the trap door and up the steps.  If you crouch, climb the steps to the top, then stand up, you will pop to the other side of the trap door.  You can then run to the Togiran zone line and commence the slaughter.  As you work into the temple room, be careful about killing too much.  If you kill enough mobs (I think it's the whole room?), you will start an event that culminates in summoning Innoruuk, I believe - a raid level mob, to be sure. :)  I found that I had enough time, with KEI at 59 or so, to clear the path from the zone line then about half the floor of the room before heading back to the zoneline for respawns.  Oh, and none of these trolls run. 

At 56, you might still be able to do Dulak as well.  I recommend the third boat.  You might even work on Xoomix's charm, while you're there.  This charm also requires killing some of the ogres and gnomes between the warehouse and the boats, as well as some now-green-to-you mobs around the fort in Gunthak.  I spent roughly forever in Dulak, and I have Xoomix's charm and 3 out of 4 components to make a second (missing only the piece from Gunthak).  I believe everything in Dulak runs. 

Dakat

Scarlet Desert is perfect for your level and not to mention its a current HOT SPOT. 

Downside, its a run to get to.

Plane of Justice was my favorite spot to camp when I was 56. I was able to solo first and second prison areas.

buddybl

Your feedback was all wonderfull and very helpfull !  A huge THANK YOU !