Main Menu

looking to make cash by mtself

Started by Coldbeast, July 20, 2005, 12:45:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coldbeast

im a 52 bst .. and am trying to do things as much by myself as i can .. i need about 100k to get my new weapon .. and am just wondering where i can do it fast and get exp .. i know if i go do hill giants i could do it in a few days.. i would just like to keep my xp bar rooling ....i have all the vet aa points.. any help would be awsome... and would do what i can to pay the favor ......thanks  to all and happy hunting ..

JillieMT

Well, for that kind of cash, there is a tradeoff.... xp or money. Since you mentioned you want xp too, I would suggest Dulak as probably the best spot. You can certainly make a few hundred pp per hour on gem drops, assuming the drop rate hasn't been nerfed (which I was silently suspecting when I stopped hunting there around my late 50's).

G'luck!  :-)
Lady Jillianna Silversoul and Cody
71.181 Halasian Feral Lady - Morell-Thule... erm, Erollisi Marr
Faveo Sulum Ipsemet Ascio

statonflame

First time poster..long time ummm, lurker ?  :lol: I have been in Dulak several times over the past 2 months and I have to agree with you Jillie that the drops may have been nerfed, but then I wasn't going there when they were probably plentiful so I really have nothing to compare it to except I rarely leave with gem drops. As another example of a place he may be able to go tho, at 52 he's very possible to be able to get ok xp camping the ig's in everfrost...at 55 i still got plenty of db cons on the giants, maybe half lb, half db. Given the xp is not great on those at 55, maybe not even at 52, but when i went out there, i chose to just send it all to aaxp during my duration there. I still managed to bring back over a k a night if noone one else were there camping them. I hesitate mentioning the ig's as everyone knows rathe mountains and the ig's as a source of income in the high 40's, early 50's solo and for my first post i wish i had alot more to offer. I've read other posts on this site about Seb i believe it was as far as nice drops that could bring income and various other places for the higher lvl toons, but thought i would add my observation as far as whether Dulak was a good spot still for  gem drops. I would add though, my experience in Dulak soloing at the lvl was confined to Stormwave only, so my comments on the drops are only geared towards camping Storm. Other ships there may have a better loot ratio as opposed to Storm. I will keep an eye on these posts as I seem to see alot of posts regarding good places to go farm plat. It seems by the time I get high enough lvl to try any of these places for loot though that Sony whips out the nerf bat to make sure we all stay poor as I am  :lol: , and sigh, I really wish I was exaggerating bout my eq bank acct..hehe...I'll end with this.... I have never seen more than 6k in my bank...i'm pathetic when it comes to farming cash. The closest came  when I was on Karana server just before the merger when u could go out to rathe mountains on any given night and never find more than 3 ppl in the zone. Why i didn't rack up then is beyond me...I will continue looking for decent spots to farm plat and add to this post if I get lucky. I am learning lately tho it is hard to farm decent plat solo without being high enough to fight efficiently in the higher lvl areas

lol, geez i had alot to say about nothing in my first post..someone shut me up please  :-D

Jilelorm

First time poster, long time lurker here (unregistered at the time as a lurker  :-o). 
Anyway, wasn't around when Dulak didnt have the nerfed gem drops, but I would suggest finding the armory (or weapon supply camp) in Dulak if it's not camped.  Raked in close to 2k in a 4 hour session in gems and random plat drops, plus a few tribute pts from the dropped weapons (you might not be able to get that far to get your tribute stuff, couldnt keep it fully cleared at 55 (maybe leaving 1-2 up before repops), so use the boats if you run too low on tribute if you use it).  Also there is a nice shipyard just to the outside of the armory that is right before the Windscorn (Hardest ship in Dulak) dock, can easily keep it cleared up to the named gnome that pops.
Overall, as Jillie said though, most places are a trade off of either exp or money, the best option if you need both would be Dulak.  Enjoy your hunting
Jilelorm Wolfpetter (65 Feral Lord (Beastlord))
Cenadyen Mesery (78 Entrancer (Enchanter))
There are two players in the Village of Death[/red] 8)
Erollisi Marr/Morrell Thule

Gunzak

I made around 2-3k every 2 hours in Cobalt Scar.  Kill the Wyverns and sell all the gems and words that drop.  Save all the hides and sell em for 100-200pp each in the bazaar.  I would typically make about 2k from gems and words as well as plat then make another 2k or so from hides for just a few hours.  Will also be good exp till 55 when about 90% go lb but should still be ok AA exp.

rdahl

If you go to CS make sure you have one of below;
1) gate potion
2) key
3) someone to port you out

CS will be much faster cash than RM, the IG will be slow cash imho cause too few mobs.  Farming Drachnid silks in DL is good cash from bazaar sales atm but expect it to drop off soon.

The fastest way to 100k is still buy low sell high in bazaar.
Blacknose Crackedfang 71st season of The Nameless

JillieMT

Quote from: rdahl on July 22, 2005, 12:41:41 PM
If you go to CS make sure you have one of below;
1) gate potion
2) key
3) someone to port you out

Actually, these are no longer absolutely necessary. You can hunt there, camp for the evening, and simply click "Return Home" in the character select screen when you log in the next day. I think this button is available after you have been camped for a certain amount of time... is it 6 hours?
Lady Jillianna Silversoul and Cody
71.181 Halasian Feral Lady - Morell-Thule... erm, Erollisi Marr
Faveo Sulum Ipsemet Ascio

Nusa

5 or 6 hours for return home.

The key is only needed to zone from Skyshrine to CS. The CS to Skyshrine zone is not locked. Pretty long run back to real civilization. If you do have the key and decent faction, the bank in SS could be used to send stuff to your trader.

chizy2

Need to get to CS.. easier way

Take book to Great Divide, go to Plane of Mischief and zone in there.. from there.. just to the NW is a tree ( about 4 tree's out ) that will port you into the water in CS.

Look me up on Fennin Ro if you want me to show you this.

ChizKitty
54 Bst
Hell Awaits

Giis

At your level I worked HHK for both cash and XP.

If you don't mind losing faction in the Freeport area and having every guard in sight chase you to the zone, you can make some pretty good plat in HHK. The guards drop fine steel swords that go for about 5pp apiece. You can start at the 3rd floor and work your way down to the bank; sell; bank; invis back to top floor and start all over or if no invis, do the 1st and second floors...  :-D

With one vender who will buy from you no matter how bad your faction is and the banker in the basement (as long as you sic your pet on her assitant and/or kill her yourself) you'll have no problem banking the money.

At 54 you should be able to solo the nobles for the added plus.....

By 54-55 I was making 1-2K an hour (especially with KEI)  :evil: :evil: :evil:

GL with where you go....

Giis
56 Beasty
Brell Serilis Refuge Slum'n in Cazic Thule

Essant

Try Acrylia Caverns .. at 52 not sure about the levels but it might be manageable.  Cash farming is good there with vendor loot + acrylia to sell but you really need to bring a lot of bags.
Elder Essant Le'Fur
70 Vah Shir Beastlord of the Rathe
Brotherhood of the Spider
My Stuff!

Gunzak

At 56 I went to AC and had to use lots of healing potions there to make it efficient.  The mobs would use necro dots and many would complete heal and some would dispell.  None hit all that hard its just they had a lot of hit points and all those dots got annoying.  I did make around 1000pp in about an hour there not including the acrylia I sold in the bazaar.  Most of the runes sold for 1-5pp, and I got tons of em, and several of the weapons that droped sold for 160pp.  It might be pretty hard at 52 if you dont bring haste pots, healing pots, and either get a kei or mana regen pots.

I have recently started over on Firona Vie and good sellers there are Velium pieces/blocks/bricks as well as Spider Silk and Spiderling Silk.  I sell Silk Swatches for 9pp, Spiderling Silk for 9pp, Velium Pieces for 25pp and Velium Bricks and Blocks for 40pp to 60pp each.  Typically in 2-3 hours in Velks I will get about 20 total Velium items and 1-2 stacks of Crystaline Silk and the silk for the Coldain Shawl.

Another great place to get easy plat is by killing the spiders/skeletons/guards in Nektulous Forest.  In about 10 minutes there I can get about 200pp worth of items to sell in the bazaar.  Everytime I run through I clear every spider and skeleton I see as well as the guards which drop swords that sell for 2.5pp each to vendors.  The skeletons drop bone chips which I sell for 3gp each in the bazaar.  One thing I have noticed is that if you check the vendors in the PoK you can find hundreds of bone chips.  Whenever I see em I will buy em for 1sp, vendor price, and resell em for 3gp.  Its almost a 6pp profit for each stack and I have found around 30+ stacks so far.

The one issue with Firona Vie is that no one buys the Wyvern or Drake Hides here.  I have had several sitting on my bazaar mule for days and no one is interested even with my price the very lowest.  On average there can be from 200-600 sitting on vendors here.  The only option I have for mine is to just use em for tailoring.

At 52 the best places I would chose for plat and experience are

High Hold Keep Nobles and Guards
Felwith Guards
Rathe Mountains Hill Giants
Everfrost Ice Giants
Velks Lab Spiders/Statues
Cobalt Scar Wyverns/Drakes

These give no experience but descent plat

Nektulous Skeletons/Guards/Spiders
Nedaria Bear Cave
East Karana Crag Spiders

Taiglin

I don't think buying a weapon priced for 100k at 52 makes too much sense really. Which one is it?

<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=841014">Taiglin[/url] 70 Iksar Beastlord
Nameless - <a href="http://www.foolsrepublic.org">Fools Republic[/url]

Gunzak

He might be on Firona Vie.  He may want Savage Platinum Fists or something equivilent that he can use starting a level 1 which cost quite a lot.  If he isn't on Firona Vie then I have no idea why he needs that much for a weapon.