Main Menu

Help Please.....Where to duo

Started by Cattana, December 03, 2005, 09:59:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cattana

Im a 52 BST and box a 52 druid. Both have sub par baz gear. Wheres some good places to exp (other the Dulak).

Thx

Goradana

Ive always liked Luclin zones since mobs dont hit to hard, dont mitigate slow and usually gives pretty nice XP for the effort. At 50sh i think Scarlet deserts north area or around the grey border may still be DB, or in the grey around temple. Is the ones outside are easy u can movs into Ssra. Fungus Grove should also be good somewhere in the 50sh.

Taiglin

In that same line at that level and with the same duo I was doing the vamp castle in Tenwhatever Mountians. Hoped to get the pet Flame proc spell from one of the named but didn't happen. The cents are on a ~10min timer IIRC so plenty to fight + 4 named (you wont be able to get to them all at your level. I did a writeup on the joint and is somewhere in the hunting section. The other place that I always liked is Howling Stones. You need to key your toons but that is trivial really. The ent mobs + north wing would be great xp. One thing I did when I was xping in there a lot is when I got one of the no rent wing keys I would give it to a low level trash toon and then duel them. If you die to a duel no rent items do not poof (at least they didn't). Nurga is also a great place that you are just getting to the level of hitting the first tier. Believe there are links to both Nurga and HS related info in the library.

<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=841014">Taiglin[/url] 70 Iksar Beastlord
Nameless - <a href="http://www.foolsrepublic.org">Fools Republic[/url]

Gunzak

What about Griegs End.  The mobs can be single pulled from many spots, dont run, dont mitigate slow and dont hit too hard.  Your beast can tank them and your druid can hit you with heals and a damage shield and dot the mobs if needed.  Several items can drop from named in the zone as well.  Besides named loot you will pick up a ton of gems and platinum after a few hours here.

Another spot is the Hole near Paineel.  Mobs give good exp till 54 or 55, don't hit hard, don't mitigate slow and the zone is now a hot zone so a big experience bonus.  The mobs do run but your druid can snare them easily.  You will also pick up a bunch of int gear from the mobs though its near worthless now.  Gems are common as well as other loot.

Gragamale

In my 50's I spent a lot of time in Nurga. Saying that this site has a lot of great info,http://pub116.ezboard.com/fcouncilofzarchonfrm4.showMessage?topicID=4.topic
The zone is set up in tier with each tier being a different lvl range with it's own named. I used slow to pull and got singles almost every time. The loot is not bad with about 5 plat or gems dropping. The link has a map you can download showing where each named spawns at and the paths for roamers.
Gragamale
70 Beastlord

Sharzic

Well, from 50 to 54 I stayed in HHK Doing Nobles  :lol:

Gunzak

Another possibility, but very slow, is kill Felwith Guards.  They will mostly be blue till 55, dont hit hard and even if you get two you can pet split em.  Every single kill will get you 20-25pp or more as they always drop a 20pp two hand sword.  This will ruin your Felwith faction but honestly who cares there are no quests you need there, no druid spells and its probly one of those zones you will never again visit.  My old Necro made about 500-600pp an hour here before all those new expansions came out.

Another spot is Katta Castellum inside the graveyard.  You can single pull guards inside and kill several this way.  The guards are dark blue to 56 or 57 and then you can move on to the gargoyles till 61 or 62.  They do run but your druid can easily snare em.  They are real weak hitters so even if you get 2 they should be easy with a damage shield and druid heals.  They drop descent platinum as well as plate armor.

Cobolt Scar has Wyverns and Drakes which will be mostly blue till 53 and some blue till 55.  They are real easy kills and no one comes here anymore.  There are about 40 in the zone you can single pull.  You will need faction with Claws of Veeshan or you will get a few double pulls.  If that happens just have your druid root them.  They drop a large amount of 50pp gems and hides.

Umbral Plains has a nice spot where you can kill Elysians which drop Druid armor very often.  They are good exp till the 60s and can be root/rotted as well as meleed with a damage shield and slow.  Before the bazaar came out this was "the" spot for non raiding druids to get armor from 53 on when they got Winged Death.  You can get armor for wrists, hands, arms, legs, head, chest, feet etc here.  You have to invis up and run right as soon as you enter the zone, watching for see invis mobs.  Eventually you will enter a clearing when you cant run any farther and set up there.  Go to www.eqdruids.com and search and you will find a guide.  The armor is now sub par to what is available in the bazaar but it is free plus some pieces, like the tunic, are great.

If you can find a third person you can do fairy mm missions for good exp as well as a common necklace drop for both your druid and beast.  There is a 45min lockout timer in between missions but thats no biggie.  The can be done with any level player but you need 3 people.

Chickennuggets

going for pure exp not sure without seeing how many hp and such you have.  Can do KC, GE, with a drood to heal could probably venture into the 2nd set in PoJ, or even wander into PoI and see if there are any lfg'ers about.  Not sure anyplace with pet pulling would be a good suggestion... only lvl 52, probably wont have SM yet.  Katta GUards would be decent exp (if you dont mind the faction), and will make some cash too to possible upgrade.  HHK nobles would be good as well.  And I almost hate to type it but MM are good exp, personlly I would wait a few more levels before diving into them.  Not because level matters for the missions... but there is still a lot about playing a beast to leanr from 52 on up.  Also keep in mind... just because you can duo for exp doesn't mean you have to.  Anyplace that you may be... check lfg, or any ooc's for a group.  Somebody that can pull, or another healer, or dps... will make the kills go a lot faster, and make the exp a little easier on you.
Chickennugets  http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1226640
Lvl 70 Beastlord
Steel and Honor
Saryn server

Kelrish Ravenous

I would certainly push either Nurga or the Hole, with the Hole being my choice between the two.

With the damage shield and the druid healing, you should have no problem.
The Hungry Kelrish Ravenous ~ 70 ~ Basilisk Wrangler ~ The Nameless

Hinthi

Nurga, The Hole or Dulak.  Any of those 3 could help you earn some plat while earning xp which is always a good thing.
Luclin
Cantus Fidelis
Vanquisher Jearom
Wildblood Hinthi
Prelate Claimon
Grand Arcanist Xerksen

Nekokirei

my call would be nurga, you won't get rich, but there's no competition for mobs, nothing summons or sees through invis and old world mobs with low hp, low ac, and low max hits rock .  also, i prefer to hunt places where i can get by just fine on self-buffs; i lived in nurga for a bit over a month until my stat food and drink ran out and i was so weighed down even with shrew i was slow.  none the less, it was non-stop killing for me and the named always drop something that's good, no not terrific,  to tribute.

i'm seriously questioning my brethern's memories of GE though.  soloing there in my 50s even with good bazaar gear and our avoidance AAs was painful.  having a druid along as healer was helpful, but the time to kill a mob even with the druid doing his thing wasn't worth the xp/AA.

i really really really hate the hole but that's just me--pesky mobs that can't be slowed (Constructs) and see through invis annoy me when i'm trying to xp, especially when they hit in the mid-hundreds and seem to have AC like Luclin mobs.

only problem with nurga is the trek out there--of course, with a druid, the ride home is a breeze. =)
Predator Nekokirei
An Officer and
Feral Lady to
Prophets of War -- Stromm

Tiroon

One more thing in favor of Nurga.

In all five areas of difficulty the hardest mob is not a gobby but an animal, a rat. You might find great fun in finding a way to use that to your advantage.

The mobs in Grieg's End are popular because they don't run at low health. Of course that's only good news if you don't mind the mobs beating you up 25% longer than necessary. The Nurga goblins' resits are low and snare should make mobs trying to run an advantage rather than a problem.

Of course if you actually like the green errrm bunnies in Nurga you can always go and hunt their arch enemies in Chardok.  8-)
Tiroon Firefang
Vah Shir Savage Lord
Stromm

Ignorance killed the cat! Curiosity was framed.

Grbage

I found the gnoll caves in JP extemely easy. Mobs don't hit hard or have a lot of hp's. Xp/kill is not high but you can really mow them down for good xp/hr until 58 or 59.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv