Main Menu

Problems Summoning Warder

Started by jitathab, September 27, 2004, 12:36:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oneiromancer

Spirit of Sorsha was changed on Test today...something about switching a timer from 0 to 2 (or vice-versa).  Could be the fix?

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

Tastian

Jzath

Level 31 bst here.  I am not having any problems summoning my warder.  

*is glad he found this website*
Jzath, beastlord
70 bloodmoons
FV server
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1215044

Meemae

Will se if I can repeat it again today, and provide some more information as I find it.

Tastian

Mee mentioned trying to summon warder right after it died.  Any chance that the new pet death animations actually register as still having a pet for a few seconds?  I can't test this atm, but it's on possibility.  Sorsha is fixed on test far as I know, but if anyone else has any experienced something similiar please let me know by either responding here or e-mailng me or carrier pigeon or sending me 2 large pizzas with your message spelt out in pepporoni (I must confess the last option might get you a bit more attention).  8P

Jzath

hmmm...I have recast warder in the midst of battling and been able to get him back, but I am not sure about how soon after he died.
Jzath, beastlord
70 bloodmoons
FV server

Beestyall

The reproducable steps for me are:

Summon pet.
Invise or /pet get lost (either work)
Then try to summon pet again.  Most times I get the casting bar that starts and then just fades away.  I'll be on later tonight to rest the rest of it.

Jzath

I told warder to get lost and then immediately recasted.  No problem with lvl 30 Herikol pet.
Jzath, beastlord
70 bloodmoons
FV server

Kitvear

Logged last night in POK, ran to East Commons, took magus to Everfrost then to Butcherblock, picked out a aug for my new VIC and married it to it.  Then I turned on LFG and started trying to cast my warder.  No fizzle, just about 1 sec into casting the casting bar disappears, did this over and over again. put my pet summoning spell in a different slot, no difference (was just checking anyways) after 25 attempts to cast my spell I  took the magus back to East Commons and got my pet on the first cast.
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=706403

Kitvear 66  Beastlord
Vearlis 67  Chanter
Zebuxoruk

Meemae

I have not had problems with this since the day I posted,  not sure what caused it then, but Warder has died a few times since and I could allways get her back right away.  might have just been a bad day or something.

Aneya

I seem to get this problem after casting Ferocity and then having to recast pet because it died. It seems that the summon pet spell got tied to another refresh timer. When Ferocity refreshed i was able to summon a pet.
EQ Aneya 70 Beastlord Tarew Marr
EQ2 Evalin Swashbuckler Mistmoore

Tastian

Yeah sorsha was linked to fero.  Like I said that is fixed on test.  It didn't cause problems for any other warders though.  Mee's issue and the problem of not being able to summon even after re-mem'n the spell have me interested though.  If anyone else is having issues please post away and I'll see what I can find.

Oneiromancer

It happened to me last night too.  I cast Ferocity, then realized we were actually at the right camp and cast Sorsha.  Didn't work about 8 times (I realized it was the bug right away but kept trying anyway), so I un-memmed Sorsha and then re-memmed it.  Cast on the first try after that, and Ferocity had not repopped yet.  Could be a coincidence though.

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

Rhoam

I am still having problems casting Sorsha, regardless of whether fero is greyed out or not, although I always have problems if fero is greyed out. I have also seen fero grey out AFTER I cast sorsha, but before I got a chance to cast fero. Very strange to watch the spell slot just grey out on its own. Makes me wish they would get rid of the recast delay on fero, but then I would be able to put fero on every party member and it would be overpowered, NOT, as if I have the mana to do that and still pull and slow!

Tastian

I still haven't gotten any bugs other than the fero one that I can reproduce with having issues with sorsha.   The sorsha/fero issue is fixed on test already I believe and will go live on the 13th.  Keep posting what you find and maybe we can nail it down and get it fixed soon.