Main Menu

Warder Focus Items

Started by Kilantiz Kylong, January 06, 2004, 10:51:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kanan

they added bsts to the VT gauntlets?
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Epee

Ok tier 2 TSS legs have the Minion of eternity focus on them.  also 235 hp/mana 3% dot shield and 3% shielding.  Not bad legs if u need a pet focus.

Raukus

Gah cant believe I left out MoE, /bonk.  Ill add that to the list and will drop the seals although I did put a shot in at the bottom saying they were not in game.  Having read all the posting on them I was getting the impression that the Bazu Seal specifically was not in due to a usability issue.  I will, however, keep all of the items that those focus are on in the list.  I will move them to an other class focii so if by chance a mage/necro wanders through here they will not feel like we are biased hehe. 
Information is Power

and thanx for pointing out my missed entries and submitting the corrections.  I will reformat this list so its more concise.

Vidyne

Just a stupid question probably

But I have friends with the "super" augs created by AAAA and certain drops,

They reported they are still able to make last bloods and others as of two nights ago... and they still exist in their armor..

Yet on here it says they are no longer in game?

Or am I mixing up an aug with another aug?

Inphared

Last blood augments still exist. I even use one (soon to be two), myself. The thing they're talking about is Last Blood of the Beastlord. Sony took this out because they never intended for Shadowknights, Shamans, or Enchanters to have a pet focus, or anyone else that could obtain a pet. Things like Last Blood of the Duelist still exist, though.

Grumsh

Hmmm I foolishly decided to buy TSS and start playing EQ1 again only to see that if you do not raid the best pet focus you can get is what 4 expansions old with minion of darkness? An augment which only adds 10% to the pet.... tell me this isn't true. Was i gullible into believing that the would actually start itemizing better? I dont expect to be seeing Spire servant on solo mobs, but i would expect a little bit of a bone to be thrown towards the none raiders...

In my honest opinion Ritual summoning at the bare minimum should be from a one groupable mob, and before people get uptight about that realise its what.. a 20% upgrade on the lvl 73 pet vs.... 45% for raiders?

Hoping I am not about to be disappointed in EQ again.
Grumsh

Nusa

Minion of Darkness is the best you can expect solo (from a merchant, no less).

Ritual Summoning is obtainable by one group. To be fair, it's gotta be a raid-geared group of 70's with 5 members flagged for qvic, but it's one-groupable (with 75's it'll get easier). On my server there was even a guy who made a lot of money 5-boxing the msha's then gimping customers in to loot the drops.

Kanan

knew someone who tried this.. until a customer challenged the charges and screwed him out of the abt 1 grand he was charging for the full set.

hokarz

Savage Lord Hokarz

Kanan

Tardar

Man that's sad in so many ways

Timberghost

Quote from: Grumsh on September 28, 2006, 07:12:42 AM
Hmmm I foolishly decided to buy TSS and start playing EQ1 again only to see that if you do not raid the best pet focus you can get is what 4 expansions old with minion of darkness? An augment which only adds 10% to the pet.... tell me this isn't true. Was i gullible into believing that the would actually start itemizing better? I dont expect to be seeing Spire servant on solo mobs, but i would expect a little bit of a bone to be thrown towards the none raiders...

In my honest opinion Ritual summoning at the bare minimum should be from a one groupable mob, and before people get uptight about that realise its what.. a 20% upgrade on the lvl 73 pet vs.... 45% for raiders?

Hoping I am not about to be disappointed in EQ again.
Grumsh

Just for the record, Minion of Darkness is a 20% pet focus, not 10% and is easily single groupable at the 5 spawn camp in RSS where you can pick up a Sphere of Swirling Flame

The next pet focus up is Minion of Eternity and it's a raid drop, but not from a scary raid.  You don't need to be in an Uber guild for it.  It drops off Yxxta Primals, Ikkinz 3 bosses and Tier 4 DoN bosses.

Ritual Summoning is the next pet focus up at 30%, and you can get that with a group or two (depending on gear and levels) if you are Qvic Flagged.  The goats there drop the muramite pieces for the Qvic Armor, and the boots (Kizash's Savage Heart Sandals) have a ritual summoning focus.

Higher than that you're not gonna get if you're not raiding pretty serious content

Grumsh

Just for the record, Minion of Darkness is a 20% pet focus, not 10% and is easily single groupable at the 5 spawn camp in RSS where you can pick up a Sphere of Swirling Flame

Unless I am mistaken minion of darkness effectiveness reduces on pets over lvl 70 becoming a 10% pet focus on the 73 pet? and making Summoners boon/blessing worthless (believe it only works on pets up to lvl 70.. (Lucy is down right now so can't confirm, but I am pretty sure I am correct on these numbers.) MInion of Eternity is 15% (yes that means a raid drop is equal to a soloable drop 3 levels ago <useing the logic that you can pretty much solo a summoners boon augment>). Ritual summoning would buff a level 73 pet 20%. Minion of Discord 25%. Finally Servant of Chaos would buff your pet 30%.

So returning to my point, the developers have stated that yes raiders will always be better then none raiders (as well they darn well should be, I used to be a raider and busted my ass to be one and deserved the rewards), but the devlopers have stated the gap should be about 65% none-raider versus raiders. If I had the desire I would hunt down the post from the main EQ website. Although that is not really needed you can do the math yourself Looking at for example Depths of Darkhallow Raid loot was what .... 325ish hps/mana? One groupable stuff was 225ish hps/mana which would hover at the 65%ish percent range.

Now to pull this into relevance useing the figures I have provided, there should be a 1 groupable pet augment that is 65% as good as the best Raid gainable (is that even a real word ?? :D ). SO far we know for a fact TSS has at least a 45% pet augment from raid content, 65% of that would be 29.25%. They COULD be nice and round it up some to 30%... but all I am asking for is a bare minimum 20% augment i mean thats not asking for a lot thats 45% of the effectiveness of a raid drop item..... WELL under the 65% range.

So how about it Dev's will you step up to the plate here, or are beastlords AGAIN getting the short end of the stick... remember pets account for a GOOD portion of our DPS don't neglect them.

P.S. Tastian mind passing this on? I honestly feel like its an issue.

Epee

TSS Teir 2 legs have Minion of eternity on em.  NOT a raid drop and does not require any raid gear to get.. Just a decent grp In a NON RAID zone.  

Grumsh

Quote from: Epee on September 29, 2006, 05:21:14 AM
TSS Teir 2 legs have Minion of eternity on em.  NOT a raid drop and does not require any raid gear to get.. Just a decent grp In a NON RAID zone.  

Well thats a 15% pet upgrade at lvl 73... equal to a solo-able pet augment from (good lord has there been this many expansions TSS, POR, DODH, DON,OOW, GOD, LOY, LDON) Eight expansions ago....... I have to say... thats underwhelming.

Although TSS tier 2 armor is one groupable? MInd pointing me to a guide? id at least like 15% pet upgrade versus the 10% I will be having from you know 4 expansions ago.