Main Menu

Beastlord DPS

Started by laissez, May 29, 2006, 05:21:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

laissez

Whats the top dps fellow bst have reached on fights over 2 mins long? Plz  include the mob you did it on.
Elder   Laissez Fairez
75 Beastlord Luclin Server

Merescata

I'm not sure this is a good measure of anything.  Tas might have a few for ya, but seeing as most BSTs 'hate' for anyone to just look at one mob for bragging rights, you're probably not going to get many, if any, replies.   

This entire question 'smacks' of the very thing Tas 'rails' against, when BL's try to brag about DPS.  It's too easy for other classes to say how 'over powered' we are when we really are not.   

You might try searching the threads for 'DPS'.  I'm sure someone has posted about it somewhere.
Merescata
75 Vah Shir BST
Tribunal
Clan McEye

jitathab

Take what DPS you do in a group, double it and then add 20%.

Nusa

2 minutes isn't long enough to be meaningful...it's barely long enough to get the discs and aa abilities fired off, which would skew the dps upward sharply for such a short period. True, some mobs are handled in two minutes, and that burst dps makes a difference...but other mobs are burned for 10 minutres or more before they fall. And yes, a higher end beast can hold a decent burn that long. If someone was really interested in record-setting, we'd be looking at clickies, potions, and veteran aa's too of course. Those are significant boosts used properly. Not to mention what shaman or bard combat buffs can do for us and our pets.

Pakratz

Frankly I don't see the harm in posting dps.  I don't see BL getting any fixes even if we said our dps was 200.

The tops I've hit on a cornered raid mob of longer than 3 min is 1109 on Shyra (4 min i think it was).  Pulled all the tricks I know (used mod rod, 6 nukes loaded, Fero'd both me and dog, etc) and had bard and shammy in group.  So thats pretty much top end for me until demiplanes (currently anguish geared).  Most of the time I do closer to 950-1000.

Note that I'm always in top 3 dps in guild, but that only really goes to show that I try harder than most.  Our rogues can sleepwalk their way to 900 dps, while I bust a nut to get there.  By contrast, the BLs in guild who don't bust a nut come in around 300 dps usually.  Just shows how much work we need to do to get up there with even slacker rogues and zerkers.

Shamno

Yeah most of my guilds fight on Shyra tend to take quite  abit longer. Abotu 7 and 1/2 minutes. We are mid teir though so that would probably be the difference. Last Shyra event though with Bard in group and getting just champion from shaman outside of group. Lions and zerker aura as well. Going all out 719 DPS total with magelo below....first time breaking 700 though so I am happy. Though I am mainly with the same tier zerkers and rogues but they are starting to make good jumps now so that won't hold for long.

Just goes to show how scaling works I guess, but over all total damage seems to be our strong suit from some fo the stuff I have seen. Though could be wrong still.

Fightclubx

my new highest crit

this was from rake of course, 544 + 1957x2 = 4458 damage with 1 rake =)

I cant wait to get a triple crit  :-o

Discordant

Two minute fights aren't a fair gauge of DPS for any class. With a bard/shaman, everything going, its easy to break 1200 dps no sweat in such a short amount of time.  However, while an accurate gauge of our burst dps, its not so accurate of our real DPS.  On Ayonae Ro (a long fight), I've parsed in the 500-600 range throughout the entire fight, and thats being in the maintank group patch healing people, without a bard or shaman.  I generally parse Top 10 dps in our guild, behind our rogues, zerkers, a mage, and a few rangers. I really don't have alot of gripes with our DPS anymore.

Vidyne

I'm not really end game.  Time caliber gear mostly...

But with me and pet,  I hit about 300-350dps just playing around.   Pet and me always attacking..  occasional 68 swarm pet.
Slowburn(max nuking and max swarm petting) is somewhere around 450~ or so(growl running as well).  I can't hold that for more than 10minutes tho or so.
Max Burning..  disc and beastial in a 1min burn with nukes and swarm pet shoots up around 750dps for that one minute.

Numbers may be a little lower if I'm slacking or if mob gets pushed around or if I have to offtank.

These are Me + Warder(140dps by himself) + Swarm pet(60-130~ dps depend on how often)
Warder I think hits around 80-90 melee dps + 60 proc dps.

However, I'm a stratgiver, offtanker, and officer...  so sometimes I don't get to do max dps...  :)
These were katta banker parses mostly.  Though 720dps has come out in DoNs and other places, and 300-400 stood up in Ruins of Illisan depending on how much I nuked and used swarm pet.