Main Menu

DPS question

Started by Xular, July 11, 2006, 06:18:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pakratz

I don't have any input, as I'm just getting into DP, but I just wanted to say thanks for posting parse numbers like that.  It's some hard evidence to go on when planning out future purchases.

Inphared

Has anyone tried lengthy parses with the Cogblaster mainhand and the Tonfa offhand?

According to the DPS calculator we have, it's more DPS if you have a Tear of Deepest Regrets and Eye of the Lycanthrope in each.

Is this an actual DPS upgrade to the Tonfa / 2.0? It might not be, seeing as the calculator is figurative. It could be different for other haste values or Combat Effects, etc. I left all of those empty as they vary from person to person. Also, the calculator doesn't accommodate a slot for the 2.5.

Tonfa & 2.0 or Cogblaster & Tonfa

**EDIT**

Added links to the calculator with the different weapon setups.

Denti

Actually not a bad question, did a quick and dirty parse with that setup in hasted configuration and the result seems pretty much in favor for the tonfa in offhand, might be interesting to parse out blessing of solusek ro in offhand too. Cogblaster and Tonfa were auged as before, giving the CB +3 dmg and lifetap 1 as well as the tonfa +3 dmg.

CG/Cryptwood Tonfa: 346,19 dps (13071 hits, 7136).

Of course i am fully aware that the number of swings is way too low and therefore the variance of the result is pretty big, i just didn't had more time. I try to do a longer parse as well as a longer parse of it in disc configuration and all setups with over 2k atk, but i don't have much time until the base configuration changes and i have to do another parse of everything to assure a comparable result. So cannot say yet if i will be able to do that. A 30-40k swing parse takes around 5+ hours so time is really a problem.

Denti

Did a few more parses with higher atk (around 2400), however i still miss parses with Blessing of Solusek Ro, still have to reaug that with Eye of the Lycanthrope. However since overhaste seems to be bugged at the moment it should have a better ratio in a hasted environment (no delay difference between 18 and 19 overhasted due to rounding errors).

All parses were done as in the hasted setting explained above, however additionally i was buffed with Ferocity of Irionu and Frenzy of Spirit.

Cryptwood Tonfa/2.5: 349,11 dps (23192 hits, 12621 misses).

Cogblaster/2.5: 372,97 dps (25979 hits, 14019 misses).

Cogblaster/Cryptwood Tonfa: 374,47 dps (20563 hits, 11132 misses).

Interesting that the difference between CB/2.5 and CG/CT is much smaller than with lower atk (1,5 vs 9,77 dps). So if you want to use your 2.5 and benefit from higher stats you wont lose much in terms of dps if your atk is high enough. If i have enough time i might be able to do some parses with a mid value atk of around 2 to 2.1k which is what i mostly see during raids, however i hope to be able to so some BoSR parses as that weapon might be a tad better than Cryptwood Tonfa.