Main Menu

New expansion...

Started by Tigrah, July 12, 2006, 02:23:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tigrah

I'm just looking for feedback, and more defined info. The new expansion, The serpents spine, will raise the level cap add new spells and aa's, and intro a new race. My question is what do all the other bsties think this means for us? Our class has been left behind for at least the past couple expansion as far as buff spells for other group members. Granted most folks above 65 have their strength, dexterity, and stamina capped, I just hope that they give us more than just a new slow, pet, pet buffs, and kitty crack.....
Savagespirit Tigrah Battlebeast of The Rathe.  85,

Whillowawhisp. Druid, currently 40

Archfiend Gravrrobrr Tombraidrr my crazed Drakkin SK

Tirienth Spiritcaster My unintentionally retired Shamy

Fear the mighty ball of yarn, for I shall chase it, and leave chaos in my wake.

Kroshx

I'm seeing an increase in skills, which is kind of nice. I really don't like the idea of increased level cap, because of what it will do to the older expansions. Granted, most of them are pretty much dead as it is, but it will be putting them even further in the hole. I'm seeing an average of 400-425hp on new raid-level gear, which is gonna break the current HP limit. Soon, people are gonna 3-Group Quarm, just to show that they can. As far as I know, they've only been able to 3-Group Phase 1 of Time, and that's bad as it is.
Wildblood Kroshx - 75 - Beastlord - Drinal

Kroshx

Er, wait, maybe 475-500?
Wildblood Kroshx - 75 - Beastlord - Drinal

Ikkorus

Quote from: Kroshx on July 12, 2006, 07:03:46 AM
I'm seeing an increase in skills, which is kind of nice. I really don't like the idea of increased level cap, because of what it will do to the older expansions. Granted, most of them are pretty much dead as it is, but it will be putting them even further in the hole. I'm seeing an average of 400-425hp on new raid-level gear, which is gonna break the current HP limit. Soon, people are gonna 3-Group Quarm, just to show that they can. As far as I know, they've only been able to 3-Group Phase 1 of Time, and that's bad as it is.

Good luck 3grouping p3 of time...its long as hell with a 50 people.  Also...you're talking about an expansion thats what...five years old now?  I seem to recall people soloing Trak and the other dragons four years after the release.

Anyways I am looking forward to the expansion.  We've seen some pretty nice increases in our DPS in the past two expansions (Empathic, DODH pet, rake) so i am fairly hopefull for the new expansion to give us even more.

mogtoth1

Yes, there will more than likely be skillups and other increases, but they will be for all classes so we will be as bad off if not worse. If there is a difference of say 10% between where we are now and what we should be then if you increase things across the board by 10% the gap only gets wider. I can only hope that something will be done at, if not before release, to rectify this but personally I am not holding my breath waiting for it.
Have a feling we will see the same tired old excusses being dragged up yet again of "too busy due to new exp", etc, etc,etc.
Last chance sloon for SoE as far as I am concerned. come up with the goods and make it worthwhile or lose a 5 years association with me and my money!!
Tails high and walk away with pride

Mogtoth Venomclaw
75 Beastlord
Clan nan Dreolan - Prexus

http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1087128

jitathab

Unless the division of power is understood by devs then all upgrades will see us fall behind as usual by lack of understanding rather than being malicious.

As mentioned I do see a new pet, that everyone will be disapointed in.
A new slower to cast slow
Zero buffs except a new SA
AA marginal dps increase through mellee, which is blown away by every other class.

Unless the spell dev spends a vast amount of time fixing all the other bst spell issues, there is no platform to produce upgrades that are worthwhile. I just dont see that fundemental fix being done before the expansion or for it.
And if it is fixed for the expansion, why the hell should we be having to pay for it.

Kanan

The things I expect to see:

New pet, marginal upgrade to existing one
SA+1, ie, what SA was to SD
Single target focus buff still less than fo7th
SV line upgrade, hopefully of same % of atk/hps, relatively, the rng/pal buffs.
Ferocity buff with add'l 25 attack on it

What I would like to see:
New pet that's a true upgrade
SA+2 + regen buff of same amount
Single target focus that's another relative upgrade that alladnu was, ie, more hps than fo7th ;p
A revamped fero buff that's worth a damn.  We've got a massive thread debating our various ideas on this, so /shrug
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Tigrah

I'm probably just hanging on to an out of date idea, but personally when I'm the only stat buffer in the group I'd like to be able to offer my statistical buffs than just the low 60's on back buffs from what, pop? I'd like to see that group IoS spell they nerfed outa GoD expansion personally... not that, that will happen. new hp/group hp buffs that we can offer groups are ok, but shamies, and pallies have always been prefered over ours for raids. A meak upgrade to SA imho isn't going to cut it, the next crack line will likely be over 100/tick imho, they need to give us something closer to 15-20 mana/hp regen upgrade to SA... once more, as if that will ever happen.

Sindaar

what I would like to see for this exp apart from the "regular upgrades" (new disc, nuke upgr, heal upgr. etc are no brainers for me)

Quiessence (or something similar). It's not too much to ask I think.
DoDh pet upgrade
Group Focus
pet only buff (giving it increased damage/accuracy, but lowering it's defense and obviously the reverse: more defense/hps, less damage)
Upgrade to Celerity (a bit more haste and with longer duration (30mins base or so).)

AAs:
PoS upgrade
Swarm Pet (all pet classes except us (and well sk's) have it (as do Druids (single bear, but still) and Bards))
Increase Double Attack

Something along those lines would be good.
Also it would be nice if the new pet would have better avoidance/mitigation (hp scaling isn't too bad imo).

Cheers,

Elder Mubu Bearlubba
Animal fur collection
Venerable Akilax Jamness
Blessed Armor

Tigrah

imho necro's, mages, and beastlords are the only recognized pet classes.... I reason this as I've never seen a sk pet focus item.

recoil silverclaws

Well id hate to say it but its been done heh we have done all of time with about 20 peaple did the first teir with 17 i think near P3 we broght in some box's mostly for loot but keeped them there for added dps. Think by the time we got to Q we had 29 or so toons there most being boxed. The thing that boggles me is the last few times we had Tuil one of our druids tank qwarm just for the hell of it lol good times in old plan of time lol

But anyway, i realy wish for some aa's that are realy worth a damn for how much we have to spend and for such little return it has been quite depresing I.E. pos. And for the love of all that is good someone give us a damn group haste along with the other things you guys have allready said im sick of takeing 5 min to haste the group /sigh.
-Elder Recoil Rahl-
    -- of ctv --
a prexus guild
         and
-Hissar Spits-
   --of twinky alts-r-us--

Denti

Time with 3 groups is an old thing we did it nearly a year ago already, mostly to get clickies for mains and some other stuff for twinks, current twink zone is coa.

As for the new expansion, well, the best you can do to work toward our class is to participate in beta. The pre-invite phase is ending on sunday, for all others you have to get in via the numerous public beta announcements.

I would hope that we get upgrades to bestial empathy, a real upgrade to SA and now that they already said that they gonna improve melee dps that they try to work on those "special" melee classes like beastlords and bards, same as they allready do for knights. Best would be of course real double attack, but i guess we wont see that.

Another nice option would be the possibility to just change class to monk, shaman or zerker ;)

Gaeastar

Im really curious what the rest of you think we should get aa wise in the next expansion .... It would be interesting to see who what where ect  =)
[code:1]
Gaeastar Darkmoone - 68 - Beastlord - Tunare
Gaeastar Darkmoone - 71 - Beastlord - Povar
[/code:1]

Silent and swift i walk always on the dark side of the moon ever searching for the new and wonderous experiences that the world has in store for those who bother to look.

Fightclubx

I want more double atk aa's and a utility aa of some kind thats got like a neato buff or something.