Main Menu

weapon question

Started by Tigrah, July 12, 2006, 05:02:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tigrah

my guild is just now hitting phase 3 of time on a consistant basis, and almost hit phase 4. My question is based on that info what are the best weapon options open to me at this point? my guild has raided several of the mpg trials, and i have seen despair noted a couple times, but was wondering what else is out there that may be any good. We're a ways off of anguish, so 2.0 is out of range atm.
Savagespirit Tigrah Battlebeast of The Rathe.  85,

Whillowawhisp. Druid, currently 40

Archfiend Gravrrobrr Tombraidrr my crazed Drakkin SK

Tirienth Spiritcaster My unintentionally retired Shamy

Fear the mighty ball of yarn, for I shall chase it, and leave chaos in my wake.

Kanan

well.. if you're workin on mpg trials, you will be starting with the easiest two I'm sure.  And the  Fangs of the Serpent drop in corruption, imo the 2nd easiest of the trials.

Despair is better, for me at least, by a small margin than the ED, and that, imo means its a better weapon.  1) because its agro is more predictable (constant, steady dps vs ED's proc spiking, like if you get your 2 procs for that minute in back to back swings) 2) Despair's a LT ;p 3) with resists around, weapon dps is usually more important to me than proc dps.  That's the reason I'm sure you see most bst desparaging (sp) the cog-blaster, bcs its so proc dependent for dps.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

jitathab

If you can do MPG raid trials you can do RSS Queen - Strat on boards, This drops Crystal Hilted Shinai. That with fangs of serpent will last you to epic 2.0.
Though if you can do those why are you still in time? Having problems on a mob?
Time has two weapons, P3 has Etheral Destroyer and P4 has Shinai of ancients.

Tigrah

It's partly that we're moving an expansion at a time. We have been working on GoD prog, while finishing up PoP prog... being a laid back guild, I guess the goal is to see all of the raid content we can. I have actually thought about seeing if we could take an attempt at the royalty in RSS, but wasn't sure how well that would be recieved
Savagespirit Tigrah Battlebeast of The Rathe.  85,

Whillowawhisp. Druid, currently 40

Archfiend Gravrrobrr Tombraidrr my crazed Drakkin SK

Tirienth Spiritcaster My unintentionally retired Shamy

Fear the mighty ball of yarn, for I shall chase it, and leave chaos in my wake.

sunkash

Not sure what I'm misreading here, but a guild that's just now starting to do P3 in Time, not even made it though P4, 5 ,6; it's a huge leap to recommend Queen in RS? Call me a synic, bur really is that wise? Our guild's able to do P6 Quarm easily, last time we did it with no deaths even, very close to being through Uqua, we're up to the last even there currently. We've tried to Queen once, just to see how we would do, general consensus was we had a ways to go before the next attempt.

Might want to have a go at Chailak & Feratha is RS first, and see how it goes.