Main Menu

Guild just got Anquish

Started by Shamno, September 14, 2006, 02:15:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kanan

keep ur pet away from golems.. buggers will evaporate your pet in one round of AE ramp, even fully buffed, Ikaav's do DS's on all about them, so that the pet runes evaporate.

Let that fugging bst only stick from Hanvar rot.

One guild on your server will have morguecallers drop like flies, another will have the pally only sword do the same.  ;p

Lightning Warrior Commanders = just as bad as the aug dropping nameds.  Do anguish aug runs for pretty damn good XP and the kick ass augs.  Bring a tracker to find out what sug mobs are up.  They'll usually pop when you ascend the second stair.  I swear, half the time, its the first and last ones that are up ;p
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Sharrien

Congrats on Anguish!  Aug runs can be done like every 2 hours if you want and are a great source of upgrades.

Pet hold each and every kill.  Some ikaav cast AE tash and the anuek also cast a lot, so if your pet isn't under control they can easily get splattered if pulled away from the raid.  When they spawn the minis are famous pet-vacuums.  They have some very long range AEs that often land unnoticed during a pull and if your pet aggros the minis they die in seconds, leaving the mini+friends to charge right at you.  Beastlords cannot tank the minis more than a few seconds, and only if very lucky and protection disc is hit before engage.  Watch out for gaters and runners, everything in there runs very fast.
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden
Maelin Starpyre

ayrien

If you were able to "wishlist" one item from CoA(excluding OMM loot) what it would it be?

Sorry for the derail, but figured I could attach it here =)

Inphared

Kanan

/chuckle.. /agree Inph.. and I know I'll never see it, with people holding out on loots for over 2 months to get themselves one.

The item I tried for every time it dropped, cept like twice, was the Ring of the Beast, the 270 hp clicky from Hanvar.  Gods.. that one was so wonderful to finally get ;p

Kroshx

BSTonly Mace is a good item, imo. Tier 2 boots should get a priority, as well, since they will enhance your warder's capabilities. Your tunic, if you can get one, would be nice, but otherwise just go with items that you think would fit you.
Wildblood Kroshx - 75 - Beastlord - Drinal

cettin

AMV h2h all the way very rare still top h2h in game. :-D

Inphared

I like to think that a Cryptwood Tonfa is better than a pair of Flayed Flesh Handwraps, but that's just my opinion.

jitathab

Cogblaster and cryptwood are far superior to anything in CoA weapon wise. Even the shyra weapon is comparable dps to the AMV wraps.

Top items are the boots. The increase warder and BE pet DPS with one upgrade. Will need to find an aug for them though. Ive also bought the Jevlan belt an AMV earing and legs.

Hanvar mace is just awful just like the fight, bring a book.

Shamno

Yeah the only reason I would get the beast weapon in Anquish is because I can get it for 1 DKP, throw it in my bag from a minor utility proc *shrug*. I already have the Shyra weapon and probably be wielding that with the beast 2.0 when I get the globe. Sort of got my Anquish gear layed out, probably have to adjust earrings, rings and probably belt to get a bene. mana pres. item in...though that might not be to useful next expansion.

Kanan

hmm.. bleh.. honestly, I can't recall if there's a bene MP item worth a damn in there for bsts.  May be something you'll have to compete with all the casters to get.

ayrien

Sharrien

I got my anguish boots already, much needed upgrade.  The gloves are nice too if you lack the Improved Block III focus, otherwise Shyra gloves are good enough.  I am hoping for a Ring of the Beast right now and waiting in line for my 2.0 orb as well.  If haste is an issue, Jelvan drops a nice belt.

My personal wish list?  My rings and earrings kinda suck atm for the content we're in, so I'm looks for Ring of the Beast, AMV's earring, Hanvar's Loop, Stormy Band (from Yar'Lir) and Jelvan's belt (using tribute haste atm).
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden
Maelin Starpyre

Koocoo

Mace of Grim Tidings (Hanvar) is not a bad 1hb. I use in it my bandolier with 1.5 (no 2.0 yet) for smacking Vish eggs.

Those who are poo-pooing the Mace are suggesting other weapons that either are not bashers or are of a zone level beyond CoA. His guild just got there, his getting a Tonfa is way down the line at this time.

And in dkp guilds the basher is usually pretty cheap. Go for it. The tier 2 boots are must haves and there are other good items in there.

Go on every aug run that is offered. Those augs will make or break your equipment.