Main Menu

SZ Virus Spells on Pets

Started by Kanan, October 24, 2006, 02:07:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kanan

We've been working SZ a bit this week and seem to be having a quite annoying issue with her: namely that the pets get targeted initially for the viral spread DA/etc AEs.

Has this always been so?  If so, did you set a audio trigger to specifically check for the pet getting it, or did you just suspend/kill the pet?  I'd really like to keep the pet up if its plausible.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Inphared

I had to keep my pet suspended, as did other pet classes.

We won, though.  :-)

Urim

My personal belief is that i don't think the pets spread the virus. However, the thoughts of pretty much every other person in guild was that they did. Since i was outnumbered and couldn't prove it one way or another all pet classes were told to suspend pets and to not use the pet spells like Bestial Empathy. 

We won after that and everyone seemed to think it proved that pets caused earlier wipes (Don't you love that "logical" way of thinking!). However, we still seemed to get the same amount of virus' "somehow" hitting everyone so i still don't think pets were the cause. Unless we would be able to get a answer from the devs (i couldn't get one) it probably would just save time to suspend the pet. This due to the hassle of arguing to keep pet out plus in the offchance that a wipe occurred and your pet was not suspended you would most certainly be blamed even though the wipe could have been caused by countless other reasons.
Maelin Starpyre
[80 Arch Animist] Urim the Library Guardian (Iksar) <Crimson Tempest>

'Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity'

Inphared

On our first few attempts, we used pets, and I think (I'm not sure) that my raid leader and a few others have logs of pets getting the virus, and then the raid got infected.

It's not like the pets are of massive importance to this anyway. I believe that the encounter is more about "pay attention" than "dps this fast, plzkthx", so I had no problem ditching my pet.

Katonis

In the two guilds I have done this event with both had to ban the use of ANY pets.  This included temp pets like from DoD and swarm pets.  They can and will spread the virus AEs from my experience.

I wont say much about the fight but Urim is correct.  Its all about attention and control.

Kat

Fightclubx

doesnt matter either way, still irks me that there are any reasons at all to "have to get rid of pets cus there now bad for whatever reason" ><

I have alot more to say but i'd just be ranting ><

Inphared

Quote from: Fightclubx on October 25, 2006, 05:41:33 AM
still irks me that there are any reasons at all to "have to get rid of pets cus there now bad for whatever reason" ><

It's not so much that they're "bad", it's that it's extremely hard to monitor your pets buffs while doing other things pertaining to the encounter, and then actually moving your pet so that it doesn't infect anyone is another story.

Kanan

exactly my impression.. /sigh.. thanks =/  Dammit.. not having my usual discing combo available gonna be annoying =/
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar