Main Menu

Couple updates from test...

Started by Tastian, September 29, 2004, 01:07:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oneiromancer

Heh, I didn't even think about that...not having any DoT focuses myself, or plans to get any.  At least critical affliction will be a bit friendlier with this in terms of aggro, since it's Disease.

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

Razimir

Munks are pathetic whiners, what else is new?

-Raz

negrismorte

Quote from: Ukator IcebloodDoes anyone ever use plague? Only time I break it out is in VT for those insanely long fights. Can't imagine FM being too much different.

I've used plauge on elemental battles - avatars in air and Fennin among the few.

Bengali

Quote from: OneiromancerWell, except that FM is 9 ticks now...at 110 per tick that's 990 damage, 4 points less than SV...not including the initial DD of SV.  So...it's not as damaging as SV, but it's much less aggro.  However, at 250 mana, FM is 110 mana less than SV, which is nice.  I'd be much more likely to use it in a group than SV, although I agree it's pretty weak for a level 70 spell.  We'll just see how things change...

Game on,

Technically, it's 10 ticks (1100 damage), since dots always last an extra tick from what Lucy says.  It's considerably more efficient than our poison dots, though.  Maybe the damage will be tweaked some more -- after all, it's just on Test atm.

EDIT: number typo
Savagespirit Bengali Grimmspirit, Scion of Shar Vahl

"My friend Mark said that he saw Bengali totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.
And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Tastian

I hope so and I'm trying to get ry to listen hehe.  Right now it's a "decent" spell, but it's more a level 66 type of spell, little more mana efficency, less damage, etc.  This is a level 70 rune spell turn in here and can easily become a really nice beastlord spell without being overpowered or anything goofy like that.  Malaria was great, the changes so far are awesome and hopefully the damage will get boosted a bit more and we'll have a spell beastlords actually look forward to.

Jkal_Shihar

When I did play, I used both poison and disease dots. Solo or group. I came across way too many that would resist the one but not the other.
Animist Jkal Shi`har and tigger
Arch Animist of the Tribunal Server
My Magelo
*still my main since dec. 2001*

Yllandra

Quote from: Jkal_ShiharWhen I did play, I used both poison and disease dots. Solo or group. I came across way too many that would resist the one but not the other.

Yep, that's what Malaria was for... Not Plague.