Main Menu

39-48 Hunting Guide

Started by Hereki, January 03, 2004, 02:21:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hereki

My preferred location for this level range is Echo Caverns.  Just kill, kill, kill.  Start with the 4 underbulks heading straight out from the Shadowhaven entrance, then the room on the right after them, before the Taskmaster, then the next room, just before the zone in to the Deep.

Finally, from 49 take the Taskmaster room, and stay to 52.

The big problem to overcome in this level range is having the same warder throughout, and he turns green after 46.  If you can stay killing the same mobs, just faster, then this works out.

Other places:

Tenebrous Mountains, mainly sonic wolves;
Dreadlands...

Roybane

Ya, at 44 I found the exp in Ech hunting solo slightly better than LDoN adventures.

Tailzin

I too was an Echo'er :P

Started there at 39 with the new pet and compared to the old one it rips through mobs with it's sharper teeth - pet cleric might be the way to go to keep downtime to a minimum but don't neglect your melee skills too much ;)

I stayed probably too long, at 45-46 and even longer is still manageable but mobs start to turn light blue. As you're stuck with the 39 pet for a while longer though, trying somewhere else like Dreadlands with higher level mobs is like getting blood out of a stone.

And of course, 46 gets you access to the planes :)
Tailzin
65 Feral Lord
## Venril Sathir ##

Hereki

No, Echo is still one of the best places to get to 52.  You can do each of the levels from 46-52 in 4 hours, roughly, even without KEI.  Camp sizes are ideal for a soloer.  Given delays in group setup, I don't think this will be beaten by a PoP group (although from 49+, High Keep will be faster).

Even though a few mobs may be light blue, the TM room will stay dark blue through 51; and before 49, your pet will be lower than the mobs.  You'll find later that gaining experience depends on kill rate, not experience per kill, and that the best mix of mobs usually has a couple of light blues in it.

The Kittenpeeler

The limited number and slow timer on spawns makes this dungeon suck. yes, it's nice and leisurely and hte stonegrabbers make up for a lot of loot problems... But it's not a place i can stand for long, myself

http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=872119">http://img59.photobucket.com/albums/v181/Kittenpeeler/Sarthasig.jpg>

Zorthar

I plan on try this place out myself when I get 39,  I have heard from many places that it is great solo exp.  I havent hunted here on my other toons, but I am sure it is good.

Hereki

The same applies to both sides of Echo - it's not the spawn time that matters, it's the exp/hr.  Needlites are some of the best exp you can get up to 30, simply because they die to fast.  The same goes for the other side.

The only problem really is that the rooms are too small for groups beyond the low 40s.  I was once in a group with levels around 46-48; we were killing everything from Shadowhaven to the Deep apart from gnomes, and the exp was getting slow.  This was before the group exp was bumped last year, would probably be decent exp for a single group up to 48 now.  However, you'd be unlikely to get the entire caverns as a camp.

Echo doesn't have an exp mod, btw, it has the same generic ZEM as most Luclin zones.  The reason it is better is because the mobs are extremely easy to kill.

Junaru

I've been in echo since 39 (47 now) and I wont go anywhere else till 50+.. The exp and kill ratio is amazing.. I did 46 to 47 with one KEI (15% extended).. I parsed the whole time.. Average kill time was 50 seconds. I was able to kill the 4 crawlers then hit the room before the TaskMaster then return with just enough time to med/rebuff before respawn. At 47 I have added the gnome guards to my list.

Before going to bed I knocked out 35% into 47 in 40 minutes.. Average cycle gets me 11% exp.
Junaru
Ayonae Ro
My Gear

Taiglin

I have gone to Echo a few times but as a two boxer I just never had enough spawns; task master area and the room before it is usually taken. I had taken my two to Dulak to get the Druid healing quest spell items. The treasure sorters/workers/attendants are all fairly tough fights in your mid 40s with fights lasting a min and a half sometimes. At 47 and having gotten the drops I turned my attention to a few fishermen on the docks and was amazed at how fast they droped. Comparatively they were paper thin (need to land that slow though). Never was one to really look too closely at my xp bar but these guys seemed to give just about as much xp as what I had been fighting. To put it into perspective the Druid was having cast heal 2 or 3 times during a fight with the sorter crowd and sometimes not at all on the fishermen! Was regenning maybe 12pts and had some Druid buffs but think this would be a great spot/mob to focus on as a soloer. Think the mobs walk up the dock toward land on their death crawl so could probably be fought in place working your way toward the water (would need to test that).

<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=841014">Taiglin[/url] 70 Iksar Beastlord
Nameless - <a href="http://www.foolsrepublic.org">Fools Republic[/url]