Main Menu

Kaesora for the soloist

Started by Thrashum Gud, January 04, 2004, 03:20:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thrashum Gud

Yet another cut and paste, thanks Gharrik for a great guide

Disclaimer:
Kaesora is probably one of the most dangerous low level dungeons in the game. It was intended to be a group dungeon and if you dont' have some way to gate out you may be in for alot of trouble. Don't come crying to me if you can't get your corpse back.  

First and foremost:
Print a map from http://www.eqatlas.com/atlas. If you are currently relying on the in-game maps downloaded from eqatlas, don't. Their map lacks some very important segments of the "five towers" area as well as the locations of holes you will fall through.

Sicken is your friend. Unless you are sure your getting a single pull, always pull with sicken as it will allow you to pull many mobs that otherwise would bring adds.

Also, it is probably a good idea to bring some kind of gate potions with you. They are not necessary, but will make getting out alot easier. Especially if you get more than you can handle.

Getting set up
Pretty standard stuff. Zone in, summon warder, buff up with whatever you have. Especially useful would be those nice resistance buffs that i never bothered to buy  

Where to go?
Though it is possible to carefully crawl though the zone getting experience as you move, it seems that the highest concentration of higher lvl mobs can be found near the church where Xalgoz himself spawns. So after you are all buffed up, run down the ramp to a little oval shaped room where there are 3 paths. One is a ledge dropping down to where you are. That is the only way back out of the dungeon after you jump down one of the other 2 paths. For our purposes, you want to jump down the hole to the left if you are comming from the zone in. Hop on down and wait for the warder to catch up. Now you're in a hall. At the end of the hall is a 'T' junction and a door straight ahead. DO NOT go through the door. To do so would land you near the back yard of the library (down a 300ish dmg hole) with no easy escape route. Take a right instead and continue to work your way in a clockwise direction through rooms, heading toward the "broken floor room" as shown on the map I told you to print. Jump down the hole in the floor here (short drop) and head through the tunnel straight ahead. There are no surprises up this tunnel. Just some critters and eventually you will end up back at the zone in this way. I sent you this way first because it is crucial that you know the path to the zone very well. Good, now head back to the broken floor room, jump down the hole, and this time go through the other tunnel (which leads north). Here is where you run into the inadequacy of the in-game map. Look at your printed map and fight your way through to the "five towers" area. Spiral down the southernmost tower and and up outside the church. You'll know when you're there, its obvious. When you see the church, stick to the left wall and walk around until you can see the little courtyard in front of the church entrance. See the mobs there? Should all be dark blue cons unless you are 46+.

What now?
Now is the moment of truth. If Xalgoz is up, pulling from the church is going to be near impossible. He likes to root and fight at a distance. If he is not up, hit the mob at the door to the church (the one nearest to you) with sicken and pull him down. I was 46 when i did this and I was able to get just 2 mobs on this pull and killed them easily. I make no guarantees for lower lvl people. Next grab the other mob at the door. Then proceed to clear the 2 mobs (can get one at a time) from the courtyard in front of the church. Finally, you can single pull (with sicken) the 2 mobs inside the church. If you are full mana (not likely without KEI) there are 3 more mobs in the tower past the small courtyard that are all single pullable using aggro range pulling. When everything is dead, sit and med somewhere away from the church. You want to watch out for Xalgoz spawning on the little stage in the church. If he pops, just move away from the building and hang out in the general area of the church grabbing up all the low blue con mobs that roam around and live in the five towers. Most are single pulls with sicken. If you are feeling lucky (punk), you can try to kill Xalgoz. But I reccomend leaving him alone if he spawns. The spawns in this area are pretty fast and there is plenty to pull without worrying about the church itself.

I feel lucky!
Xalgoz is pretty nasty. He is a lvl 40 necro who casts all the appropriate spells and max hits for 97. He also casts banshee aura (damage shield) soon after spawning, so cancel magic is a good idea. I killed him at lvl 46 with kei going and it took about 3/4 of my mana (with 144 wis). Imagine if hill giants suddenly had damage shields, DoTs, root, and lifetaps. Nasty guy.

I hope this long-winded post will take some of the mystery out of Kaesora and make some people more comfortable with hunting the zone. Once you know the way to the exit it really isn't that bad of a place (with the exception of falling down near the library backyard). Yes, its alot more dangerous than OT or DL or DSP, and yes, you are probably going to die at least once in here. But it is also alot more fun than almost anywhere else I've been. The excitement, along with the very nice exp bonus, make the danger well worth it IMHO.

Thrashum Gud

IMPORTANT UPDATE.

IF you ever plan on using the Worker's Sledgemallet and you do not want to have to deal with being KoS in the outpost then do NOT hunt here.

It seems all (or nearly all the mobs) are on the same faction as the evil outpost in OT.  Just wanted to make sure people knew.

Caspi

How long did you stay in Kaesora?

Dakat

I wouldn't go here unless you are 39+ and even iffy at that level. If you have a bot or a friend, it is highly recommended to bring them. However if you are able to do this place. It does offer a rather large experience bonus in the zone.

Caspi

I went from 43-46 there this weekend on my new Bst. Was tough at first, but doable. Only took me a few hours also.