Main Menu

[Levels 44-48] Katta Graveyard

Started by maethwyn, January 29, 2004, 05:23:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maethwyn

The ZEM in here may not be all that great, but let me say wow this is nice, quiet, and easy.

Here's what I did for the most part:
01 - Summon warder, /pet guard, and buff pet up in the courtyard right outside the GY gates.
02 - Then I would buff up, run around the GY until I got the "...comes to life!" message - ignore all the other messages (i.e. - "Did something just grab your foot?")
03 - Turn around once I saw the message, slap a slow on it, and pull it out to my warder
04 - Begin casting Ice Spear, sick pet mid-cast, and just tank away and step back as needed for heals

** Sometimes you'll pop 2 MOBs if you pull from the very back of the GY... just sick the pet on one, FoL the other (slow it so you have aggro and it doesn't stick to your warder)... and just play yoyo until the 1st one is almost dead/dead - the GY MOBs will run away from the GY, and the undead MOBs are triggered anyway, so no fear of adds.

**Coterie Assassins wander around on occation.  *I* never ran into one, but I would save them for the later levels in the range mentioned from what I hear - unless you pet cleric.

**"a moldy skeleton" and "a ghastly apparition" are the toughest mobs that spawn there (about as tough as Yerttle the Caretaker - more later) - if you turn around and they pop (in the lower levels), you can run away and they will depop after 30-45 seconds.  They just aren't worth it until the 47+ range unless you are sufficiently twinked - unless you pet cleric.

**All undead drop "Glyphed Skins" that are for a Vampire Bane DMG Piercer - NOT BST useable.  So you may just want to loot the <=4pp coins and that's it.

**All races, even good, should take out Yerttle the Caretaker when the GY MOB spawns get slow (and they will... stupid things either pop 2-3 at a time or not at all).  He is just too ugly and hairy to let live.  Also, you can get an uber "Caretakers Shovel" on occation from him with an uber +5 Skeleton Bane DMG.  lol - the animation and graphic make it worth it, though it is the same as the "Shovel" he drops, too.

**********WARNING***********
The gargoyles in and outside of the GY building ARE targetable.   I would recommend AGAINST attacking them (as you should be indifferent) as the hit me for 113 (with self buffed AC of ~890) fast and lots of HP... and I couldn't get a single pull.  So yeah I would leave them alone for a while... unless I just was unlucky.

It slows down to about <1-1% per kill in the 47-48 range (more close to <1% in 48 ) as the mobs turn LB.  But by 46-48 you can probably just run around the GY with your warder on your heels without fear of too much trouble.

All MOBs are easy, esp. if you pet cleric, I just hate letting my doggy take all the beatings... makes me cry... so I usually just gave him a "Patchwork Jetsam" (so he would hit in the 60's) and tanked right along side him from 44-48.

I only left for DL because a higher level Necro was smacking down Legos in the GY and I didn't want to get in his way... so only 48 ATM... and let me say, some of those DL mobs have too many HPs :/  - and I met Mr. Voltar, too... meanie!
Barb Beastlord Xarte - Tholuxe Paells