Main Menu

What's wrong with this pet macro?

Started by Sorien, May 26, 2005, 04:01:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sorien

Okay guys, I've been pet pulling here recently and have attempted to make a few macros to help me out...

PetPull
/g Pet pulling %t
/pet attack

&

PetHeal
/pause 5, /pet target
/pause 50, /cast 7 (Chloroblast)
/pause 5, /assist

The pet pull macro works fine.  When I attempt to use the PetHeal macro, I do not get the re-assist onto mob the pet is attacking.  The reason for this macro is to be able to pull mob (pet takes damage), get back to camp (pet takes more damage), let tank pull aggro (not hard to do), & then I heal pet to get ready for next pull, then beat on pulled mob until 50%, then run to get next mob.

Does anyone have any idea of why I'm not re-assisting?  I have tried moving the 5 second pause to the third line as well as putting the pause in both the second and third line.  Chloroblast lasts for 3.8 seconds, so lag is accounted for in the 5 second pause.  I've even tried a 7 second pause, but can not seem to get it to work. 

Any help is appreciated.  :)

Gungagunga

Looks like your pause is reversed.   You should only have a /pause 5 before casting the spell and a /pause 50 before assisting.  Your current set up has you attempting to assist before the spell even finishes casting.  It has been my experience when you start an action with a macro if another action is attempted before the first one completes it actually ignores that 2nd action.

Sorien

Yeah, I thought that too, and switched the pause to the third line.  It is still not working tho.  Dunno why.  Hmm, back to the drawing board.  Maybe if I separate the pause and the /assist command on different lines, that might work.

Gungagunga

Seperating them by lines might help... but then again 50 might not be long enough pause.  I know when working spell skills such as abj with our first cold resist spell I had to have a pause of 40-45 to avoid any lag issues.  If the heal your using has a longer cast time that might be the issue.  Instead of /assist you might want to try inserting /duck or /sit command there and just tweak the pause before assisting until you actually complete the heal and the final action.

Jilora

Hey :) first post here.

I think your last line should be /assist %m (%m being your pet)

Good luck
JIlora

MowtaynLyoness

here's how I'd try it:

/pet target
/pause 5
/cast 7
/pause 50
/assist

as the other person said, your pauses are in the wrong place.  Not sure why you would have a pause start your hotbutton sequence, maybe you know something i don't :).  Your pause after cholorplast has to be longer then actual casting time though, for the same reason you have to have a pause 5 between targetting pet and casting and then to account for lag as well.  So, take your cast time and add a little.  And, I think it might have to be greater then 50......i used to use something similar to this with my druid,  long ago and far away......thank god (if there is one.....i'm a skeptical vah shir) that beastlords were found :)

Et^Cetera

Just a comment on pauses in general. When you have /pause commands in a macro line, even though they are written first on the command line, they happen AFTER the command on the same line.

/pause 5, /pet target <-------- targets pet, then allows a short pause for lag etc etc
/pause 50, /cast 7 <------- casts and *then* allows approx 5 secs for spell to cast
/pause 5, /assist

Your  macro is theoretically correct, but am not sure why its not working. Although I dont know why the pause is in the last line AFTER the /assist command. Maybe try using a specfic "/assist Sorien's Warder" rather than just /assist.

Alternatively, rather than assisting your pet, you could make the last line a "/target A" command.

This will target the nearest mob to you fitting that criteria and 99% of the time it will be the right one. Most mobs start with A. (A shard spider, A orc pawn, A goblin whatever, etc etc) with the execption on Nameds (crystal eyes, Emporer Crush etc etc)

Try it and see .. youve got very little to lose if it doesnt work at the moment anyway.
Cailus EtCetera with her trusty side kick Elllerton
Always lost, somewhere on AB.

Iskandar

"/assist" will work fine with a warder targetted -- I don't use a hotkey for pet heals, but I do have one for /assist. For pet heals/buffs, I'll quickly hit F1 twice (first targets me, second targets Blinky), cast the spell, then hit my /assist hotkey to get back on the target. Once you've done that once, you can toggle between your current/last taregts with one key (~ in my setup) -- you may need to configure this yourself in the keyboard options ingame.

Sorien, your Magelo shows you as 62, so you could also switch to Healing of Sorsha instead of Chloroblast and it will target your pet automatically when you cast it -- then hit your /assist key or target toggle key to get back into the fight. Sorsha would heal just over 2018 for 495 mana vs Chloro's 1044 for 331 mana... since both have the same cast time (3.75), you could use Sorsha to heal half as often (since it heals twice as much as Chloro) and save mana (495 for one Sorsha vs 662 for two Chloro).
Wildcaller Iskandar Darkpaw --  80 Beastlord, Cohort Chalybeius, Cazic Thule

"Didn't ya hear? That which doesn't kill you makes ya stronger. So suck it up, OK?" ~C.C.
"That which doesn't kill me makes me stronger. That which does kill me I will hunt down after I respawn." ~D.H.

Dakat

With the upgrade to your pet only heals, you do not need the /p or /pause

Soon as you start casting the spell, it automatically switches to your pet.

If you however wanted to use CP to heal your pet thats fine too I guess, Id proably do it this way

pet heal

/pet target /pause 5
/cast 2 /pause (duration of spell +5)
/assist

Sorien

Quote from: Gungagunga on May 26, 2005, 06:01:31 PM
Seperating them by lines might help... but then again 50 might not be long enough pause. I
Quote from: MowtaynLyoness on May 28, 2005, 02:31:22 PM
Your pause after cholorplast has to be longer then actual casting time though, for the same reason you have to have a pause 5 between targetting pet and casting and then to account for lag as well. So, take your cast time and add a little. And, I think it might have to be greater then 50......i used to use something similar to this with my druid, long ago and far away......thank god (if there is one.....i'm a skeptical vah shir) that beastlords were found :)

Yup, tried inserting a 80 pause in there as well, just for expiramentation purposes, & still didn't get the re-assist.

Quote from: MowtaynLyoness on May 28, 2005, 02:31:22 PM
here's how I'd try it:

/pet target
/pause 5
/cast 7
/pause 50
/assist
Quote from: Et^Cetera on May 28, 2005, 05:22:16 PM
Your  macro is theoretically correct, but am not sure why its not working. Although I dont know why the pause is in the last line AFTER the /assist command. Maybe try using a specfic "/assist Sorien's Warder" rather than just /assist.

Alternatively, rather than assisting your pet, you could make the last line a "/target A" command.

This will target the nearest mob to you fitting that criteria and 99% of the time it will be the right one. Most mobs start with A. (A shard spider, A orc pawn, A goblin whatever, etc etc) with the execption on Nameds (crystal eyes, Emporer Crush etc etc)

Try it and see .. youve got very little to lose if it doesnt work at the moment anyway.

Thanks you two :)  I will try these changes either tonight or tomorrow morning & get back to you. :) 

Quote from: Iskandar on May 28, 2005, 09:13:17 PM
Sorien, your Magelo shows you as 62, so you could also switch to Healing of Sorsha instead of Chloroblast and it will target your pet automatically when you cast it -- then hit your /assist key or target toggle key to get back into the fight. Sorsha would heal just over 2018 for 495 mana vs Chloro's 1044 for 331 mana... since both have the same cast time (3.75), you could use Sorsha to heal half as often (since it heals twice as much as Chloro) and save mana (495 for one Sorsha vs 662 for two Chloro).

Yeah, I was using that, but found Healing of Sorsha to be overkill.  My greenie pet that is pulling only looses about 1K of HP while going out to kill (at least in LDoN), unless there is a lucky hit or something.  Chloroblast heals are just right for when he gets back.  I usually do not have KEI on when LDoN'ING and with only a 3K mana pool, saving 150 mana per cast is quite a lot.  Especially when I am chain pulling (With tank leave @ 50% of mob/me tank leave at 20% of mob), I do not have the luxury to sit and med.  Paragon helps with this, but casting a 500 mana cost heal spell for each mob doesn't work at all.

Incidentally, on every version of the macro that I have tried, if I hit the macro twice, once to intiate it, and twice after the cast, I successfully assist on the pet's target. 

Sorien

Quote from: Iskandar on May 28, 2005, 09:13:17 PM
since both have the same cast time (3.75), you could use Sorsha to heal half as often (since it heals twice as much as Chloro) and save mana (495 for one Sorsha vs 662 for two Chloro).

Oh, forgot to add that I do not like to send pet out to pull without 90% or greater HP.  Reasons for this are because if the MOB'S do get a lucky round/stun on my pet or are SOW'D equally or better as my pet is, my pet gets pretty low health.  I have seen a few times where my pet has 1-5% health left back at camp. 

If I was solely using Sorsha and waiting (not healing after every pull) until I could efficiently get the heal in, the pet may become dead since I'm sending him out at 60-70% hp.

I pulled a hard LDoN the other day and found this an even more important thing.  Luckily for me, there was a Shaman that was nice enough to heal my pet after every pull for me, so I could at least get a little DPS in. :)

Oh.... and THANK YOU!!!!! for clue'ing me in on pet pulling!  It's the most fun I've had in a group for a long time now.  I do sacrifice a lot of DPS in place of it, but I love getting LDoN'S complete within 30 minutes from my single chain pullin :)  One time during my pulling, I actually had the role of tank, puller, slower, & crippler....  Now if that wasn't fun, I don't know what is! hehe

Dakat

Just curious as to what level you are? Magelo accurate and you are 62? Next question, which "green pet" are you using?

Reason I am asking. When I pet pull, I use a green pet. However the mobs I pull are 67+ and I use my level 60 pet spell to summon a green pet.

If you are 62, you using your level 54 pet? or 52?  If you have the AA, get yourself Suspend Minion II.  Make your highest pet, buff it and stow it just before the pull. Load up your level 52 or 54 pet cast your highest HP buff on it then send it out to get a mob.  When pet gets to camp, just kill the pet and call out your big pet. Casting 1 pet for 350 mana + 1 hp buff will probably be less mana in the long run rather than having to cast heals on that pet all together.

Tiroon

Quote from: Dakat on May 29, 2005, 10:52:47 PM
If you are 62, you using your level 54 pet? or 52?  If you have the AA, get yourself Suspend Minion II.

62 is not enough to get Suspend Minion II. :-(
Tiroon Firefang
Vah Shir Savage Lord
Stromm

Ignorance killed the cat! Curiosity was framed.

Sorien

Sorry for the slow reply...

My Magelo is accurate as of today.  I still am LVL 62, just had to update some equipment and AA'S

I am getting LDoN's with average of group usually being 59 - 62, so maybe LVL 55 mobs.  I use the 39 greenie pet for pulls on those LDoN'S.  One 1K heal from me is usually good enought for my pet when he gets back to camp.  If not, someone else usually heals him to full health.  I tell them either my pet is full health on pulling of mob or we get 4 - 7 MOB'S on pull at the beginning of the LDoN.  LOL, they usually make sure that pet is full health before mob in camp is 50% health, since that is when I go out to get another...

I have eyed that Suspend Minion II AA for some time now and know that it should benefit me well for pulling.  It has almost been the driving force for me to switch from AA to regular XP to get it.  I'm still 62 though and going to be for a long time, so no, I can not get the Suspend Minion II AA :(

Which leaves me back at....

WHY CAN'T I GET IT TO WORK... 

hehe, sorry, just a little frustration on this point.  lol, been trying to get it to work for a while now.  Toons don't have much patience when I'm sitting there in LDoN expiramenting with my hot buttons...  Especially if they have grouped with me while I was pullin before and know how fast I get the pulls/LDoN'S done.

Gungagunga

Unless the ones your grouping with in these ldons are your friends you should just look for a couple of 52's sittin in PoK not doing anything and explain to the you only need them for 1min or so and then they can disband and for just 1min of their time they will earn free points in the theme you do... this would take your group avg down so you could get the lvl 53 mobs instead of the 58 I believe your getting now.  Then you wouldnt need to pet pull you could just wander in and slaughter with no fear of the adds.

As for your current issue tho i'll try to figure out how to set up this evening for you and let you know how to set it up.