Main Menu

What's wrong with this pet macro?

Started by Sorien, May 26, 2005, 04:01:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunkash

during an LDON is probably not the best time to try to troubleshoot a marcro, or anything else for that matter.

I've done some marcro's with this game, but not that many. However I have years of exp writing programs and computer scripts, and one
thing to always keep in mind. if you cant type what's in your macro, exactly as typed, line by line and get it to work, it wil not work in a macro.
So one way is to do exactly that somewhere safe, like PoK, etc, type in whats in your macro, and see if it works, and exactly where it fails.

to me, if macro is exactly as you have listed here, I'd say, yeah it would not work. Taking out the heals and delays, your left with /target pet,
then /assist; who's that pet supposed to /assist? you have the pet targeted at this point, so assist itself would not do a lot of good. Even at that think you need /pet attack after the assist.. that's how I do it anyhow. I know you need some delay, between the assist and /pet attack; for me leaving one line blank between the two, was just enough time, so didnt bother to try to get it down exactly with a pause.

I'd think you would want to, after heal ;  /assist "MA", /pet attack most likely with some amount of delay between the assist and attack. It should be safe to do /assist Sorien followed by /pet attack "with some delay in between".

Rather curious why you are using a regular heal vs. a pet heal. The level 55 pet heal Sha's Restoration gives you a bit better mana return for DPS, both are exactly 3.75 second cast, and with that you could take out the targeting pet part, as pet heals autotarget your pet.
for example;

/pause 5, /pet target
/pause 50, /cast 7 (Chloroblast)

all this could be replaced with

/cast 7 "Sha's Restoration"

Then your left with plenty of lines, and space to do your assist... simpler is alwasy the way to go.

assuming your beating on mob too, so you might be able to do.

/pause 50, /cast 7 "Sha's Restoration"
/assist Sorien
/pause "somenumber here"
/pet attack

Sorien

Quote from: sunkash on June 07, 2005, 07:19:23 PM
to me, if macro is exactly as you have listed here, I'd say, yeah it would not work. Taking out the heals and delays, your left with /target pet,
then /assist; who's that pet supposed to /assist? you have the pet targeted at this point, so assist itself would not do a lot of good. Even at that think you need /pet attack after the assist.. that's how I do it anyhow. I know you need some delay, between the assist and /pet attack; for me leaving one line blank between the two, was just enough time, so didnt bother to try to get it down exactly with a pause.

I'd think you would want to, after heal ;  /assist "MA", /pet attack most likely with some amount of delay between the assist and attack. It should be safe to do /assist Sorien followed by /pet attack "with some delay in between".

You may be looking at it wrong.  Once the pet gets back to camp and the tank is beating on the mob, I tell the pet to attack target.  A few more seconds into the fight is when this macro is the best to use.  I target the pet to heal him.  I am assisting off the pet as he already has the pet in his target from my /pet attack command when MOB got back to camp.  So, I should just assist what my pet is attacking.  This is proven when I hit the macro key twice.  The second hit of the macro key targets the MOB most of the time so I can start attacking. 

Quote from: sunkash on June 07, 2005, 07:19:23 PM
Rather curious why you are using a regular heal vs. a pet heal. The level 55 pet heal Sha's Restoration gives you a bit better mana return for DPS, both are exactly 3.75 second cast, and with that you could take out the targeting pet part, as pet heals autotarget your pet.
for example;

/pause 5, /pet target
/pause 50, /cast 7 (Chloroblast)

all this could be replaced with

/cast 7 "Sha's Restoration"

Then your left with plenty of lines, and space to do your assist... simpler is alwasy the way to go.

assuming your beating on mob too, so you might be able to do.

/pause 50, /cast 7 "Sha's Restoration"
/assist Sorien
/pause "somenumber here"
/pet attack

Yes, the 55 pet heal does look nice, but it is usually overheal for an extra 70 mana.  I usually do not have time to meditate and I need to save all the mana I can get.  On an average pull, the pet takes around 1K damage which is just right and the most mana efficient for my purposes. :)  Any thing more than that, there is a designated Ranger to heal the rest of the way up. 

As I hopefully explained above, the /pet attack was already done before the macro was activated.  Pet is still attacking the MOB while I am healing him.  My assist is just not getting around to it quick enough.  Dunno.  Will try it out more & let ya'll know :)

MowtaynLyoness

Quote/pause 50, /cast 7 "Sha's Restoration"
/assist Sorien
/pause "somenumber here"
/pet attack

and you will get that messaged "you cannot assist yourself".........I hate that message, can't the game figure out what i meant??? (you'd have to write that out /assist Sorien's Warder or use /assist (by itself).

when you are ready to heal hit f1 twice
cast the heal (alt 7)
hit your assist button
(or better yet, while casting hit f8 and kill the mob in target and piss off the enchanter with that add mezzed LOL)

I'm going to assume you have some sort of general assist button anyway...

Gungagunga

Sorry I didnt get to it last night I went on my first PoTime raid so was kinda busy.  I'll try to jump on it tonight.

Sorien

Gratz on PoTime :)  hehe, I'm trying to get my first ever Hedge Raid.  Hehe