Main Menu

wtb a clue plz

Started by Nekokirei, February 17, 2006, 05:23:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nekokirei

my gawd, there are days when i really should be smacked in the head .  repeatedly. by a large blunt object.

so, if the proc off a pet toy--ixiblat, walnan, whathaveya--breaks root, will our warder procs--rellic, vermin, whathaveya-- break root as well?

also, is it true our warders only have a single slot for finger, ear, and wrist?
Predator Nekokirei
An Officer and
Feral Lady to
Prophets of War -- Stromm

Goradana

My pet usually needs about 5 seconds to brake my druids root, even if he dont have pet toys. Tahts with Spirit of Inoru, lvl 68 buff.

Shieara

Beastlord pets + root = bad.

My pet breaks root all the time without toys.  That's one reason I got fetter.

Rarrum

Any dd has a chance to break root... so our dd procs have a chance to break it, and I'd imagine pet toys with procs would be just the same.

Nekokirei

thanks all for the replies.

what started this was a pick up group a few months back and then eariler this week, a post on alla's boards.

in the pu group,  we didn't have CC so used root as a ghetto CC.  now, lesson for younger beasts--don't be like me and solo lots and lots w/o having some common sense about these things and yes, i was lacking in the sense department-- i don't group a lot, and don't have a tonne of experience with other classes when grouping usually just keep my mouth shut and follow along. at least i knew DDs break root, and, i knew a dot that has an initial "non melee damage" breaks root.

but, for some damned reason, it never occurred to me pet toys would break root.  put warder on an add, and ranger would root, root breaks, havoc ensues.  we sorta puzzle a bit, but figure a fluke--we survived fine so no worries.  a rather nasty sitution occurred and we figured pet toys had to be breaking root. i got some dirty looks for not knowing this--fair enough, mea culpa.

suspend warder with toys, cast fresh warder no toys, buff him up including relic.

you guessed it, root breaks again and warder is immediately suspected culprit--well, i'm the culprit for buffing with relic but we bothshared the heat.  rather than let bad blood get badder, i fquickly found a replacement, andleft group.

hard lesson and i'm a bit shamefaced.  i didn't PL to 65 but b/c i solo so damned much, i really shot myself in the paw for not know iing this.

not looking for tea and sympathy, just wanting to make surei got my facts straight andlearn from the experience.

thanks guys!
Predator Nekokirei
An Officer and
Feral Lady to
Prophets of War -- Stromm

shenk

most mobs that wouldn't summon the druid after they root could probably easily be off tanked by your pet anyway.

Shieara

Hey, don't worry about it.  We all make mistakes.

I used to use root on my ranger as a means of aggro control.  Since rooted mobs always go for the nearest player to them...well...

I will tell you about a recent mistake I made so you don't feel too bad.  We were doing Sickness of Spirit with a very unconventional group.  Had beastlord, cleric, cleric, paladin.  Warrior and shaman joined partway through but anyways, we had no real puller and no cc.  Well, I was responsible for snaring.  I am sure you can guess who let fetter wear off and wiped us out not once but twice.

I blamed it on lag as I recall.