Main Menu

What weaps do you feed your pets

Started by Messo, March 22, 2006, 08:05:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Messo

I noticed a discussion the other day about someone feeding a pet a weapon other than the mage weaps, and although I knew this was possible, I did NOT know that it would actuallly proc as if being held by a PC. So I just wanted to see what odd weaps other folks out there fed their warders rather than just the standard mage summoned items.

Messo
Messo 70 Beastlord (Main) Solo-Cat of Erolissi Marr
www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=795469

Kanan

/chuckle.... there's few enough magi around that I usually don't even bother getting pet toys, but the only other thing I'd give the pet were the snare proccing daggers/swords (obtenebrate shortsword & Serrated bone dirk), but that was just when I was soloing.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Kroshx

How much do those weapons cost, or are they common drops off mobs?
Wildblood Kroshx - 75 - Beastlord - Drinal

Kanan

I don' t know where the dirk drops, but the obtenebrate drops in Howling Stones, offa some named that's in fabled mode atm.

I would be able to usually get them on the cheap, for under 500pp.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Essant

Elder Essant Le'Fur
70 Vah Shir Beastlord of the Rathe
Brotherhood of the Spider
My Stuff!

Nudalus

Quote from: Essant on March 23, 2006, 01:45:32 PM
Ghoul Assassin in Guk.

That's for the serrated dirk (sorry just thought I would point that out)

Fairly cheap to get or easy to camp.

Taiglin

Was crawling in Seb and got one of those AE bo sticks. Later went to LGuk for some additional faction (reet crown) and with a evil smile I gave the stick to the warder thinking the AE going off would be much fun. It never did - or at least it never did in an AE fashion. Was so disapointed. I had even killed off my current pet before I gave her the stick in case she had some left over mage toys.

Has anyone given an AE proc weapon to any flavor of pet and have it go off?

<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=841014">Taiglin[/url] 70 Iksar Beastlord
Nameless - <a href="http://www.foolsrepublic.org">Fools Republic[/url]

Rokyn

Well since pet damage is either the pets max damage or double the weapon damage, I always give my pet weps that are 30+ damage. also wep delay doesn't matter when a pet is using it so things like weighted axe work nicely. by doign this my pet was almost always hitting for 60-70 (thats with a 30dam wep) though i have noticed that this is no longer working as of the lvl 46 pet (which no matter what wep I give is only hitting for 49 ) I'm kind of tempted to go back to the lvl 39 one because of this.

Rokyn Koru
51 Primalist
Bristlebane

Zorthaz

Sadly, the 39 pet was the last one that would use a 2H weapon.  Load up the 39 pet and give it a ABS and watch the light display.

-Z-
Savage Lord Zorthaz - 110 - Scaled Wolf herder - Tunare