Main Menu

Why does Pet keep missing?

Started by kozoji, October 11, 2006, 01:08:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kozoji

I always used to duo with the warder and me both melleeing.
However with the TSS changes to regen i have been experimenting with the pet cleric style of play.
I have noticed that with some mobs the pet seems unable to hit the mob when i am standing back.
As soon as i enter mellee pet starts hitting normally again, even if its same side of mob as me.

Can someone explain what is going on here?

Kanan

hmm.. interesting.. here's a question:

1) Are you positive they are flat out misses? or are they blocks/parries/etc?
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Shieara

I can explain some of it.

The mob is blocking, dodging, parrying, etc.  This is not just a change with TSS.  Our pets have always done better being on the mob's rear so that it can avoid those things.  I used to have my pet offtank in GE so I could chain pull (aka I would leave her on the mob at ~30% and go get another) and I can tell you she did significantly less dps, even against those gimps, when she was tanking.

You should turn on hits and misses and make sure that is what is going on, but I would bet that is a huge part of it.

Zorthaz

You are probably OOR for the pet hit messages.  I noticed the same thing you are describing, but I was still getting the pet flurry messages without see any hits.  As soon as I moved closer I was able to see my pet's hits.
-Z-
Savage Lord Zorthaz - 110 - Scaled Wolf herder - Tunare

Tastian

Yeah the two main causes of what you are seeing is...

1)  Melee range filtering.  There is room to be standing inside of range to see the "misses", but still be outside of "hit" range.  Very common distance from what I've seen when backing away to slow and such, so have to be careful, especially while parsing.

2)  Filtering based issues.

Blocks/dodge/parry/etc. play a part, and when warder is only connectining 50(ish)% of the time to begin with it's really easy to have those results drop.  Especially in limited tests while backing out to heal, etc.  *shrugs*

Try to stay a bit closer, and make sure your filters are adjusted and messages are going to the right window and if you still observe similiar issues let us know.  8)