Main Menu

What are beastlords "best" at, what defines our cl

Started by Toiler, August 05, 2004, 11:31:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Urim

Quote from: ValsuviousActually.. the whole reason behind my arguement is proving that beastlord are better overall buffers than beastlords.
/smack Vals ... Delete your bst, scummy vah shir. Need to get you charmed during HP so i can kill you.
Maelin Starpyre
[80 Arch Animist] Urim the Library Guardian (Iksar) <Crimson Tempest>

'Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity'

Kitvear

As far as hps goes:

Kraggs + Spiritual Vigor = 605 hps and in comparison the single buff F07 will do 544, then yes, a beastlord can buff 61 more hps then a shaman could.  I find it very curious though considering you can get 61 more hps with a beastlord buffs then you could with shaman buffs that I have yet to have someone click off F07 and request kraggs from me.

As far as attack goes:

A beaslord using Fero and SV boosts attack by 190 and as long as Strength is capped already then yes again a beastlord can buff more attack then a shaman FA+Bih'Li = 155 attack.  If strength isn't capped then that changes considerbly though as the shaman's stat buffs adds 215 str, so the 35 additional attack that a beastlord can offer is very conditional on the stats of the person being buffed.

as far as mana regen goes:

/concur

However, if your needing the extra mana regen that a beastlord can provide to help improve a groups healing ability then you would get much better milage by getting a shaman to heal instead, Cann 5 averages out to 100 mana a tic and that's a lot of healing capability.

as far as resists go:

/concur Fero's 65 to all resists is very nice, and shaman's best ability is to buff 65 to poison and disease.

Overall I can see your point. If the person needing buffs had maxed stats already, and they had a healer and they needed the boosts in resists and didn't mind the lessor slow ability nor the lessor haste of beastlords then yes in that particular situation I would have to agree that beastlords are better buffers, though in all the time i've spent playing on my chanter i've yet to see groups pick a beastlord to replace me as I left over a shaman.  Get the shammy!!!!! is all i've ever heard when I asked the group for what class they wanted to replace me if another chanter wasn't available, so I'm not quite sure how often your hypotical situation occurs.
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=706403

Kitvear 66  Beastlord
Vearlis 67  Chanter
Zebuxoruk

Tastian

"Actually.. the whole reason behind my arguement is proving that beastlord are better overall buffers than beastlords. This had nothing to do with any other class being present but just beastlords and shaman. "

Sorry, but I vehmently object to you claiming beastlords are better overall buffers than beastlords!!  8P

Also you are talking about "buffing" and completely solo and leaving out so many other things.  What happened to the fact that a shaman buffs 60% haste and a beastlord does 50%?  We mention resist buffs, but leave out the fact that beastlords get endure magic and shaman get resist magic.  The only way the discussion comes close is if you factor in fero which only holds true totally solo or in a group of up to 4 people.  In a full group or a raid then things change considerably.  If you want to talk completely solo then look at how much haste a solo bard can buff and what their solo mana regen is (lol) and what they can add to +atk and to damage shield.  I mean the game isn't just played in one situation and it's not played on paper by looking at spell dat.  If you actually look across all situations though and even those most common you'll find things are quite different.  No one is choosing a beastlord to buff a raid over a shaman and I've yet to see a group pick a paladin over a cleric for hp buffs hehe.  I understand the arguement and even that in some situations a beastlord could actually give more hps/atk than a shaman, but the thought of someone actually telling me to log my shaman and bring my beastlord to buff instead is mind blowing hehe.

Valsuvious

bastards... i fixed what I said earlier to say "beastlords better than shaman"

Will amend the rest for my counter-argument

Oscurro

Something to think about...

Kragg + SV > Fo7

but....

Kragg + SV < Fo7 + SV

So stop arguing over who is better and work together  :P
Predator   Oscurro Cazador  
Cestus Dei
Veeshan

zzmaller

Sorry all long post and try and hit all pionts to start with will start with beastlords place in teh world of norrath

For a long time beastlords have had to learn to sure what resouces we have to over come our short comings

and in doing so we opened up our main role or main role is to fill any spot that vacent .
we dont do any of the spots we fill better then anyone elsse but we can make do.
here is list of spots i have learned to take over from time to time slower/crowed control/tank/offtank/healer/buffer/puller/dps now i do oka at all of these and tehre is and always will be better at it cause thats whet they were made for.

Its sad that those classes that have those roles fell threatedn i dont want there job i have done it and it sucks.
I just want to be the DPS i was desigend to be

best buff shammy vs beastlord
Oka guess what guys beastlord can our buff a shammy takes 5 buff slots and all you time to keep a group up and a shammy can do all the same with a few hps less and less atk with just 2 buffs and that are  group spells.
Shammy wins IMO

Fero vs FA
this is just plain sill take both if you can will serously help on dps out put on all dps

In conclution i personnaly like the fact we are not the best at anything we have takin so little and done so much with it we get hate mail from all the other classes. keep it up.

So the next time you feel we dont have a niche in the world . think agein and see we are the Filler when something is missing. and in Enjoy

Et^Cetera

Quote from: ToilerI can't think of a single thing that makes us the best at anything... (then goes on to)...

Druids - Porting, Damage shields, healing, animal pet charm

Best at porting? right.. ok.. nearly as usefull as "best at bind wound"
Best at healing... ok .. tell that to the clerics
Best at Animal char ... situational at best.

Playing a Hybrid class, 95% of the time, you will never be "best" at something over your parent classes?
(with the possible exception of SP/Paragon)
Cailus EtCetera with her trusty side kick Elllerton
Always lost, somewhere on AB.

Et^Cetera

cant edit .. but missed my last line

Would still be a BST over a Druid any day of the week despite not being "best" at anything
Cailus EtCetera with her trusty side kick Elllerton
Always lost, somewhere on AB.

Lorathir

Beastlords are the best class at being fun to play.

shnaggle

I think we do not have to be the best at anything.  In my opinion we are a very versitile class to play.  We can slow, buff and put out decent DPS.  We solo pretty good, we are wanted in groups because we cant take the place of an shaman.  

Our slow may not be the best but if we get aggro we can take damage better than an enchanter and a shaman.

I do not think I read one post here stating that we are underpowered some say we are overpowered but my opinion we are just right.

Kinash

Quote from: shnaggleI think we do not have to be the best at anything.  In my opinion we are a very versitile class to play.  We can slow, buff and put out decent DPS.  We solo pretty good, we are wanted in groups because we cant take the place of an shaman.  

Our slow may not be the best but if we get aggro we can take damage better than an enchanter and a shaman.

I do not think I read one post here stating that we are underpowered some say we are overpowered but my opinion we are just right.

I completely agree with you. Our versitility is what makes our class so much fun to play. It is the combinations of spells, abilities, etc that is our true strength. Who need to be "The Best" at one thing when you are "Good" at so many things!
Kinash Kattar
Level 66, Khati Sha Apprentice
Tholuxe Paells (Bertox)
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=594639

Shieara

We are the best at being sexy.

What else could you ask for?

:D  :)  :wink:

Tastian

Something wrong with claiming to be the best at being sexy and having that for an avatar lol.

Razimir

Not to mention that bsts got better pet than shammies! /gasp

-Raz

Shieara