Main Menu

special focus for our ancient

Started by Firriann, March 29, 2005, 05:50:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firriann

like the title says, i found a new focus for our oow ancient spell while browsing lucy.

Hanvar's Savage Strike
Slot     Description
1:    Increase Spell Damage by 55%
2:    Limit: Spell(Ancient: Savage Ice allowed)
3:    Limit: Combat Skills Not Allowed

couldnt find what item had that yet. i may be wrong, but in qvic, it was on gloves, iirc. and with tier 2, it isnt on gloves, so anyone knows what piece it's from?
Firriann Tailchaser - 72 Beasty
Lynia Tsukikage - 75 Ranja
The Tribunal Server

Urim

This is just a complete wild guess but i'm going to guess Tier 2 legs. All other classes seem to have some kind of focus on them (albeit not for one specific spell like this one). Hopefully I'll be getting the legs in a couple days and can report back then.
Maelin Starpyre
[80 Arch Animist] Urim the Library Guardian (Iksar) <Crimson Tempest>

'Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity'

Katonis

There was a focus like this added for all classes.  I have a feeling this is going to be a breastplate focus since the none of the breastplates have them.  We had our first drop off of AM last night and it went to our top warrior.  I stayed online till she completed it and it had a clickie but no focus effect.

Kat

Mahes

I've heard rumor of BP as well.  If this isn't the only focus/clicky, cool.  If this is all we get, then the little CE, Accuracy, SS, DoTShielding, etc...then lame.

The focus will be worthless next expansion, since they have a track record of giving us two new nukes, both higher than the previous ones.  Why can't they give us something suited to our class?  Like a PoS focus...I know that's likely wishful thinking, but putting a focus specific to one spell on the best piece of class armor we can get is just silly.

Latang

Hey, someone get the boots already. Mage boots get a new pet focus, with any luck we'll get it too. No luck on drops for me yet, and there are prolly a few ahead of me in dkp who want it anyway.

Train Engineer, Chief Hermit of <Mystic Nobles>

Urim

Boots are in high demand as the pure melees seem to have pretty good effects on theirs. ATM im more interested in seeing our legs.
Maelin Starpyre
[80 Arch Animist] Urim the Library Guardian (Iksar) <Crimson Tempest>

'Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity'

Latang

QuoteATM im more interested in seeing our legs

Kinky, dude.

Oh, while im thinking about it, for the jelven script, can I ask what sorta numbers you use for it, healer/bard/tank wise? When WoW opened in Taiwan, we lost about half our raid force of uber geared peeps, so im curious what people are using on it now, without exageration if possible =P

Mahes

We still field a full raid, usually.  Somewhere from 48-54.

Jevlan is still the hardest event other than OMM in my opinion and still one which we wipe to once in a while.  We've beaten it with low 40's, but not without significant healing.

Off the top of my head, I'd say we usually have 7-8 clerics, 3 druids, and 3 shaman on average.  We generally have 6 warriors, 3 SKs, and a pally on average...give or take one of each.

As an example, This is our active roster.  You can generally count on most of them being on, minus maybe one from each class.  And Zak is a warrior, not a zerker.  Just a running joke.  I don't think I've ever seen all the clerics on at once.  We're lucky to get 8, usually.

Back to armor, I'm very interested in the legs too, but I fear we'll see the 45% cold nuke on them and it seems many Anguish BSTs already have a Sorrowmourn Stone...not to mention the weak 40% on 2.0.  I've heard from a reliable source that all three pet classes have the focus on boots, so just assuming that's the same.  I'm still afraid to see the BP, especially still wearing a PoTime one.

Bengali

How common is the Ancient spell in Anguish anyway?  I can't imagine asking the guild for a rune for a nuke given the nice heals that the priests get and so on, and the totally crazy nukes that wizards/mages get, etc.
Savagespirit Bengali Grimmspirit, Scion of Shar Vahl

"My friend Mark said that he saw Bengali totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.
And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Mahes

2 Ancient runes per boss, 1 Anient spell per class = you'll probably have them rotting after about 30 named kills, or say...2-3 months max.

Latang

They rot for us every time. I dont have mine, but it's like 4 days raiding worht of dkp for one, so i'll live without it.

Firriann

we do spells alphabetically by classes and the class leaders  decide who gets it within their own classes.. but it's always free. just need a certain % attendance or you dont get it.
Firriann Tailchaser - 72 Beasty
Lynia Tsukikage - 75 Ranja
The Tribunal Server

Latang

I'll get it in about 3 expansions time and it's been reduced to 2 hours worth of dkp.. =P Until then, meh, I'll live without it because with 69 spell and 65 ancient I can still have 2 nukes up ..

Katonis

All of the beastlord Anguish armor has shown up on Magelo now except for the BP.  The leggings have Frost of Anguish, a 45 percent ice focus.  The boots also have the Servant of Chaos focus.  We have ancient spells rot all the time and going to new apps, and this is after almost every level 70 alt in the guild has them as well  :-P  Now if I could just get some of the boots and not use the MoE focus I have anymore ........ Lol  Im hoping to get a Sorrowmourn Stone sometime or just wait till I finish up my Epic 2.0 for an ice focus though. =/

Kat