Main Menu

59 BL / 49 Dru Combo...when to stop and AA

Started by Gojurgan, November 01, 2004, 02:23:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gojurgan

I just hit 59 with the BL and 49 with the Druid and I would like to close the gap a little more over the next month or two (I don't seem to level very quickly). I'm wondering if the BL will improve by leaps and bounds with the 60 pet or should I just AA at 59 until the druid catches up a bit?

Is there a level at which the BL becomes an AA machince (ie super powerful pet) or should I just progress them normally? I'm hunting mostly tier 3 stuff in Nurga at present and I'm open to suggestions if there is a better place to two-box.

Thanks
Gojurgan lvl 60.3 BL
GoJulie lvl 54 Druid

Veeshan

Oneiromancer

At 60 you get the 50% slow...that should be a good enough upgrade to go for it.  The huge pet upgrade isn't until 62.  That's a good place to stop and AA actually, since you can get started on the PoP AAs like Bestial Frenzy and Lightning Reflexes.

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

Atropine_BB

It's really subjective as to when is the best time to stop and do AA's.

Personally, I always thought that 65% slow was more important than the AA's I could get instead of leveling up to 65.

If you really want to get a bunch of AA before you go for level 65, then like Oneiromancer, I would suggest stopping at level 62.

62 is one of a Beastlords "watershed" levels.

Not only do we get a signifigantly more powerful pet, but we also get Spiritual Vigor, Talisman of Kragg and Chloroblast.

Also, things will get a lot easier for you when your druid hits level 58, and gets Tunares Renewal.
Elder Atropine Invictus
Beastlord Bard Ranger || Cleric Druid

negrismorte

Gotta agree with Atro, level 62 is a good power spot.  Park your beast there for AA and get your druid caught up if that is your desire.

Gandaorm

Aye I would agree with 62 also.  I stopped there and knocked out 40 aa's and have never regretted it.  Your pet is sooo much better at 62, makes a huge difference.

I can remember grouping with my son who had a 65 Druid, working on aa's, and him getting very agitated because my aa's were coming so much faster then his.  :D
Venerable Gandaorm
66 Barbarian Beastlord on Fennin Ro

Sardarni

As for the druid, when he gets Complete heal, would be a good spot for him to at least knock out some AAs

Et^Cetera

It also depenss where you are hunting.

Personally, I threw out 20 AA points at level 60.

This is mainly becuase in Velks .. EVEYTHING is dark blue at 60... yet 75% of it turns light blue at 61.
Cailus EtCetera with her trusty side kick Elllerton
Always lost, somewhere on AB.