Main Menu

Worn Focus and AA's -- do they affect weapon proc damage?

Started by bobokatt1970, December 29, 2009, 06:46:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobokatt1970

I've always wondered and read a few posts, but is the damage from various procs off our weapons affected at all by any worn focus or AA's?  By that I mean if one of our weapons has say a 175 proc damage and lets say it's cold based, would that proc be affected by say a worn focus of 80% cold and/or would it be affected by various lines off AA's which increase the damage done by spells when they crit?  THe aa's say Direct Damage.... are the procs from weapons considered a DD?  Did they not change that a long time ago?  Same goes I guess for heal procs from our various weapons -- are they affected from our worn focus and/or of Healing Gift aa's etc?

thanks!

Khauruk

Yes, and no.

They are not affected by worn foci.  Heal amt AAs do affect lifetaps.  I'm not positive on crit rates - crit size ones don't affect them from what I've seen.

Spell damage (and heal amt, if a lifetap) do affect the returns we see off of our procs.

SD and HA both generate one additional point of dmg/heal per 4 points of the mod3.

Assuming no heal AAs:
So, a 175 dmg proc with 100 spell damage would be 200pts.
and a 175hp lifetap would tap for 200 w/ 100 HA
A 175hp lifetap with 100sd and 100HA would proc for 200 damage and 225 healing.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

nedoirah

I've seen lifetaps heal for as much as 500+ after a double crit. Double crit being a DD crit followed immediately with a heal crit. 125 crit for 250 then heal crits for 500. However I've also seen them heal for more than that.

bobokatt1970

Interesting -- thanks guys -- thank you for replying so quickly!

AbyssalMage

Quote from: bobokatt1970 on December 29, 2009, 06:46:57 PM
By that I mean if one of our weapons has say a 175 proc damage and lets say it's cold based, would that proc be affected by say a worn focus of 80% cold and/or would it be affected by various lines off AA's which increase the damage done by spells when they crit?
thanks!

On any current aug's or weapons, no, the cold focus or poison focus wouldn't effect the proc's from your weapon.  But some of the old weapons had proc's from our spell lines, in that case, yes it would give you the bonus from any focus effect you were wearing.  An example of this is the fabled staff from Noble out of Sol B, it has a proc of Chaoutic Feedback, a level 24 enchanter nuke (Think this is the correct name on the proc on the staff).  When an enchanter weilds this weapon any ID or Magic focus effect they may be wearing will trigger when the weapon proc's.  Or at least thats what happened back when I leveled my chanty with the weapon. 

Like you stated, they could of changed this during some random patch.
Grimwar
81 Beastlord
Theris-Thule...errr....Prexus

Camikazi

Quote from: Khauruk on December 29, 2009, 06:54:38 PM
Yes, and no.

They are not affected by worn foci.  Heal amt AAs do affect lifetaps.  I'm not positive on crit rates - crit size ones don't affect them from what I've seen.

Not completely true, worn focus can affect procs, BUT only if the proc is a spell your class can normally cast :) pretty much means no for all weapons made in last like 8 years, but they can affect them if requirements are met. Also crit rate ones do affect them it's what let's the lifetaps crit blast, more of those AAs you have more often it will happen and crit size (Destructive Fury) should be affecting proc crit sizes (which also increases lifetap size).

nedoirah

Quote from: Camikazi on December 29, 2009, 10:51:14 PM
Also crit rate ones do affect them it's what let's the lifetaps crit blast, more of those AAs you have more often it will happen and crit size (Destructive Fury) should be affecting proc crit sizes (which also increases lifetap size).

That's why my crit heals were healing for more. Thanks for reminding me of that Camikazi.  :-D

Khauruk

I've just gone back through a file I made a while ago for a post on egn.

For an SK (or somebody w/o the heal AAs):
Formula:
>> lifetap_base_dmg + .25*SD_amount + .25*HA_amount = base heal.
>> 2(lifetap_base_dmg + .25*SD_amount + .25*HA_amount) = crit heal.
>> 2.25*(lifetap_base_dmg + .25*SD_amount) + .25*HA_amount = crit damage heal
>> 2(2.25*(lifetap_base_dmg + .25*SD_amount) + .25*HA_amount) = double crit heal.

For us, they are different.
222 = base heal = (lifetap_base_dmg + .25*HA + .25*SD)*1.28
445 = crit heal = 2(lifetap_base_dmg + .25*HA + .25*SD)*1.28
462 = crit damage heal = ((lifetap_base_dmg + .25*SD)2.25 + .25*HA)1.28)
924 = double crit heal = 2((lifetap_base_dmg + .25*SD)2.25 + .25*HA)1.28)
*1.28 is from the Healing Adept 9's 28% heal boost.  Substitute appropriate values.
*2.25 is from Destructive Fury
*The HA and SD values are actually 1.75HA/7, but that's due to EQ treating instant spells different than normal for SD/HA. 1.75/7 = .25, so it works.
[and these formula are w/in 1 point for my heal values from a Lifesap2 aug w/ 99 HA and 101SD.  The difference is accounted for in how EQ truncates numbers].

And for spell damage on these (or any):
Normal:  base_damage + .25*SD
Crit:  2.25(base_damage + .25*SD)
TURNCOAT!!!!!