Main Menu

Gift Of Mana set...

Started by bobokatt1970, January 08, 2010, 06:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobokatt1970

Ok so I spent a whole day getting ALL the aa to finish off this line.  My necro every time he blows LOD gets the gift of mana line to proc pretty often -- so does my mage -- I love it.  In 2 hours of soloing on my BST and using every DD, Dot I could muster, the Gift of Mana line popped the whole 3 times. IN TWO HOURS.  Do we as Hybrids have a lower innate chance of procing this?? Consider my BST is my main with full raid tower gear... and mostly max aa....

I was looking at this as my best way to conserve mana.. wait for it to proc.. and then cast my most expensive mana spell as everyone does.   Anyhow, it seems to be elusive at best.

any info on this?

Kanan

You have an AT set to make sure that you know it's gone off?

Or mebbe it fired and you hit your next nuke fast nuff that it wasn't able to register it firing?

I am assuming that you have the Gift of really really uberly radiant mana or whatever the hell the highest level version is called, and not just GoM3.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Razimir

I have it popping more frequently. How ever it is bugged somehow, some spell / effect instantly poofs the GoM effect (I'm suspecting cleric HP aura, but not 100% sure).

-Raz

Inphared

If you fizzle a spell while GOM is up, it will eat your GOM.

Razimir

Quote from: Inphared on January 09, 2010, 02:12:13 AM
If you fizzle a spell while GOM is up, it will eat your GOM.

Yeah, but it poofs before I even cast anything. GoM icon just appears and instantly disappears.

-Raz

bobokatt1970

Yes I have it maxed level so I can actually take advantage of higher level spells.  You might be right in that I don't even notice it popping, since our dots and DD's are cast so fast.  I will have to make an AT for it then -- makes sense.   It was just so weird -- I did the investment in AA's on this line which was rather heavy, and was expecting to see it work just so brilliantly like my it does on my necro.  Then again my Necro's DOTS are pretty much linear, I know exactly what DOT comes after etc.  With the beastlord, it's a bit hectic as I am casting everything under the sun as it pops during LOD burns.
Yah also fizzles... you care correct -- i've seen it eat the GOM from that.

On a side note I had no idea that there might be aura's that kill it.  Then again when I LOD, I solo with no merc up so that would not be an issue unless Circle of power would affect it or maybe my procs off my weapons or maybe procs off my poison or cold potions?

Blarp

thus far i found Forray, feral swipe. are the leading cuz of it going POOF. so  i dont push them while its up.. if i notice. i stoped my auto trgs. i mean hey  it saves me a ton of mana.

Kanan

/chuckle.. if it could make foray not burn end, it would be nice on those battle rezzes.  Only time it would be of any real benefit tho.

chances of me not hitting my swipe/foray key are abt as slim as me not hitting my kick key.  They're such totally ingrained reflexes, I have tons of "can't do that for XX seconds" spam ;p

Blarp

Kanan

kk.. today, I finished it off.  Made an AT to test it out.  I spam cast like a mofo.. I never heard my AT fire.. not once

bobokatt1970

When I had originally posted, I had just finished getting the last tier that would finally pop on using the 80+ spells. As you found out it practically never went off, or at least it seemed that way.  2 days later I had logged on again and from then on and including my LOD burn yesterday, it seems to go off like mad.  I am not sure if for some reason the second you complete the last tier, it is useless till you log or something. Again the GoM keeps going off for me at least now quite often...

Kanan

hmm.. I did a total EQ/C++ crash during the sacrifice event in tower, and it still wasn't firing at all for the next 2.5 events.

I'll see if it'll start working tonight.

Blarp

mine fire's left and right for 81-85 and for 76-80 spells

Razimir

Quote from: Blarp on January 25, 2010, 02:26:51 PM
mine fire's left and right for 81-85 and for 76-80 spells

Mine does too.

-Raz

Vidyne

Fires alot for me.  Fires for slows/panther and for 81-85 spells.