Main Menu

No content for 2-4 groups guilds !!

Started by Kylaz, May 25, 2004, 05:13:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kylaz

Sony changed my EQ. My guild is a familial one, and in the best times we could align 5 groups in a raid. What I love, is doing hard targets, with very few people, where each input is important and a single error may mean wipe. When you succeed, you really feel great.

With Pop Flags, and GoD that follows, this kind of raid is not possible anymore. All EQ content is now dimensionned for groups of 6 (LDoN, God Trials) or a raid force of 72 (PoP, GoD). All the targets that can be done by a raid of 2 to 4 groups are in old expansions, and not fun anymore.

What happens now in many familial guilds I know, is that either people stay in the same old zones, but get bored and stop playing - or quit their guild and friends (often years old friends) to go to an uber guild. I've been in at least a score of 72 people raids, and I do not like that - Zerging or para-military organisations are not what I want in a game.

Please , Sony, put back some content for familial guilds back into EQ.

A Pissed off Troll.
Kylaz - Feral Troll
Main Entry:liz·ard
Etymology:Middle English liserd, from Middle French laisarde, from Latin lacerta (Date:14th century)
1 : any of a suborder (Lacertilia) of reptiles distinguished from the snakes by a fused inseparable lower jaw, a single temporal opening, external ears, and eyes with movable lids; broadly : any relatively long-bodied reptile (as a crocodile or dinosaur) with legs and tapering tail

Dakat

But you see, zerging guilds will spend their time in PoP. Giving you more mobs to kill in the old world.

Luclin is 4 expansions back. However there are many mobs out there that are valuable to take on.  You have many many mobs you guys could go after and still feel like you have done something.  Greig Venticus, Doomshade, Vius (AR), Seru just to name a few Luclin mobs.  You can go to Plane of Hate and kill Inny or Maestro. You could revisit PoSky and go beyond isle 5 or 7, clearing one isle as you go. There are some real good quests to do in PoSky and you only need 26 people.  Go hunt in skyshrine get your Kael faction up and do armor quests in Kael.

There's so many things you could do that don't involved POP.  BoT towers are easy for a 18+ person event.

Skanda

There's also THO in the Deep, might be able to kill a couple of Ssra named. Nathan and Lcea in Katta would be good. The Evolved Burrower in Acrylia also.

QuoteYou can go to Plane of Hate and kill Inny or Maestro.
Not so sure I agree with that though. Never tried the new Inny but Maestro is a bitch. Plus you need enough people to control the adds once they come.

Mindlet

I think you both missed his point though. He was saying there no new content.

Kylaz

Thanks, Mindlet,

Indeed, we already did most of the suggestions above (some a few years ago). and spend very interesting hours there. But, after some time, they rapidly become easy and boring. Of course, you can always do the same thing with less people involved, but whats the point, bragging because you did vindi with one group ?

We can probably try Hate now, because I don't think we did it since the revamp, but thats about all.

Another problem with all those all locations is the equipment inflation - most of the time, that's "Gratz rot" now - or one new 50+ member just becomes very happy.

All the new zones in the last expansion are group/big raid oriented. Maybe we can try Ferubi - possibly some named can be interesting there.
Kylaz - Feral Troll
Main Entry:liz·ard
Etymology:Middle English liserd, from Middle French laisarde, from Latin lacerta (Date:14th century)
1 : any of a suborder (Lacertilia) of reptiles distinguished from the snakes by a fused inseparable lower jaw, a single temporal opening, external ears, and eyes with movable lids; broadly : any relatively long-bodied reptile (as a crocodile or dinosaur) with legs and tapering tail

sinhuit

I agree Mr Troll , my guild is in a similar position (if slightly larger than yoours) I would love to see some content for the smaller guilds in OOW but I have a feeling they will cattering for the Uber guilds again (.

Taislir

The problem is that any new content that is doable by 3-4 grps with equipment rewards better than the likes of luclin bosses is going to get ripped by larger guilds or even 1-2 grps of high elemental/time ppl thus lowering your chance of getting at em.
Can you imagine if most of PoP DIDNT take a ful raid force to complete? everyone over 60 would be in Time long ago, nothing new to do and ppl would quit.
Saying that though, there is content in PoP and GoD that a moderate equipped, well played guild of 2-4 grps can do, namely BoT towers, some smaller named in ferubi and Barinbu and two of the HoH trials.
Taislir Brakmaw
Feral Lord of The Rathe.
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=673399

Urim

Take a look into the Breakdown in Communication Quest. There are some small group events within that quest. A 1 group event in Qinimi, a 1 group event in Riwwi, a 3 group event in Qinimi and a couple group event in Barindu off the top of my head.
Maelin Starpyre
[80 Arch Animist] Urim the Library Guardian (Iksar) <Crimson Tempest>

'Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity'