Main Menu

I wonder if this will actually work.

Started by Willias, May 26, 2004, 11:34:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willias

http://forums.gucomics.com/viewtopic.php?t=2057

Woody (the author of GUComics) is trying to get the EQ community to boycott any more expansions until the current problems with the game are fixed.  Thoughts?

I'm for this, theres problems with the graphics engine that need to be fixed, the Berserker has no unique AAs, and GoD is FAR from being fixed.  I'm having fun with CoH right now anyways. and I don't think missing this expansion is going to hurt me any.

Bheran

I'm really amazed at the amount of people who have quit or who have been taking more breaks lately.

Hell, I really don't feel much like logging alot of nights anymore. I haven't bought OoW yet mainly b/c I wasn't sure I'd be interested in playing much longer, but this is fine enough reason to throw on there too.
Bheran Feralblood & Dernit
Wildcaller and the best damn dog on Inny
Innoruuk server

sinhuit

Sure its a good idea .  Will it work no .   Sheep complex so and so has bought it that means I have to as well .

Felidae

I'm not sure a call to arms is needed. People will leaave when the game isnt fun.  Lots of people are leaving now.  Some because its summer.  Some because they are bored to tears.  I don't foresee OoW keeping anyone very interested.  PoP seemed like a new "end game" but everything since has just seemed like window dressing.  

The only bit of the post that caught my eye was that he claimed the developers had positive changes they wanted to make that were being withheld.  I wonder what they might be?  Honestly I can't think of anything that would keep EQ from gettign stale.

Rainor Wolfheart

They had some recent ideas like pvp changes (PvPing would become somewhat of a point system like ldons w/ =/+ gear rewards) which was a great idea imo but the limits in place to stop things like one person with several bots killing them for points etc. weren't really thought through all the way.  It didn't help that there was a major outcry against this sort of thing.   :evil:  Still some of the ideas they had with the main idea such as spells having a modifier in pvp (Ever try to land ice spear against a time geared bard? Almost never happens) would have opened up a lot more options in pvp imo.

There are probably other things like this which were discussed but the community (Or a small amount of very loud people against this) didn't want to happen which got scrapped (Anyone remember Project M on the pvp servers?)
Rainor Wolfheart
65 Beastlord of The Tribunal
<Sol Invictus>

Yiktiki

Honestly, if I am playing within a week of release, and they have any new solo content, I will get it.  I'm not raiding anymore, so if its all raid stuff.. I won't bother.
Starlighte - Tauren Druid - Level 70
Misscreant - Blood Elf Warlock - Level 70
Kilrogg Server

RETIRED
Elder Yiktiki Tumbo - Feral Lord
Starlighte Starbrighte - Pocket Druid
Luclin Server