Main Menu

Just blowing some steam

Started by Jkal_Shihar, June 22, 2004, 11:44:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jkal_Shihar

Well, I know I said I was leaving EQ. But after some persistant friends and I just couldnt stop reading the boards. I came back but on my own terms. I no longer let the game run my life like it did.
So anyways, what does this have to do with the topic. Let me explain. My original main was a 55 ranger and I pretty much shelf'd him when SoL came out and Jkal was born. So I decide to play some of my alts and always loved my ranger.
I do the typical /lfg, see who at that lvl range is looking for group first. I'll put the tag up for usually 30mins then try to form a group. All is great for awhile. I get groups and stuff but notice there is a slight change in playstyle since last I played my ranger.
So, of course I go to some of the old forums and read on any info I can. Thats when it hit me. After 2+ years there are still people that hate bstlords. I remember on jkal once I actually grouped with one of these anti-bsts. Asked him why, he just shrug'd saying they dont fit in with EQ. (good thing I was group leader) I told him to name me one class that did and he couldnt. Boy, disband button can be quite fun.
Anyways, so here I am reading and starting to realize that this envy ran deep. I didnt bother to post or reply just pretty much removed that and any forums I read with anti-bst sentiments.
So here I am back to a class I still am in love with (even though I will click on an alt from time to time).
Ok, done venting now.
Animist Jkal Shi`har and tigger
Arch Animist of the Tribunal Server
My Magelo
*still my main since dec. 2001*

Shrouded

I guess that I'm lucky that I haven't ever run into an "anti-beastlord" player.  Well.. I take that back--I have never met a magician that liked me.
Level 70 Iksar Beastlord
Epic 1.5 Pre-Whiner

Hrann

There are still a number of people that dislike the beastlord as a class that was not there in the original game.  I'm hoping they begin to hate the berserker more and forget about us hehe.

Aneya

I know a few mages that don't dislike me, but they are bots. :P
EQ Aneya 70 Beastlord Tarew Marr
EQ2 Evalin Swashbuckler Mistmoore

Dakat

Your going to find people in the game and in real life, that no matter what, they will dislike something, anything.

My best friend is one of them.  No matter what classes I play or he plays. He is always putting down my class or his.  Never looks toward the positive.

My advice is to shrug it off and don't let it bother you to much.  Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Just some people are more boysterous than others.  

I've actually had people in my group that I just didn't care to hear anything they had to say. So, I would /ignore name and go about my business and I wouldn't have to read anything that came from them.

Jkal_Shihar

Yeah, I know.
Generally, I try and not let it bother me but after skimming some of the threads in the ranger forums (and it seems only rangers really hate us for some odd reason) I got a bit steamed after seeing the 5th delete beastlords from the game. And to think I use to think they were a great bunch of guys over there.
But I also saw some trying to start it at EQLives forums as well. Just hate trying to read up on any missing info and I stumble across people with a single mindedness like the game(world) only revolves around them.
I do have a friend that plays a mage and even though he doesnt hate beastlords he finds it quite amusing on how much attention was given to our class.
Oh well, I'll still play my ranger (alt now thanks to those wonderful folks at sunmoon's forums) :twisted: , but only when I need a change for the night.
Anyways, here's to folks that know how to make a good class great /cheers his fellow beastlords and ladys  :wink:

Like I said, I'm back kinda just on my own terms with my friends and play when I feel like playing. This way I wont let the game drag me back down to the point where I was bored just logging on. Guess I just needed a two and half month break to realize what was more important now.
My Magelo

Coprolith

If you want to see real BST-haters then check out any post about dps, tanking or class balance on the monk boards.
Warning: spending 5 minutes there is enough to make you throw up in disgust and never want to have anything to do with a monk ever again.

/hugs
Elder Coprolith III
Trollie ferrul lawd of 65 levels (retired)

Jkal_Shihar

ahh, So true.  I usually forget bout monks.
I only have one friend that plays one and is not into all that parsing and class envy. I guess you can say, he's one that just wants to have fun. hehehe.
My Magelo

Inunokami

Well, having leveled a mage, SK, rogue and shammy all to at least 55 (means I've been playing at least a month  :D  ) I can say there's a good reason for all the anti-BL sentiment. For the longest time every hyper doofus with a 65 halfling Drood with 300K plat to twink was making a beastlord with an easy-bake epic. These are the type of asswads who as soon as you let them in your group instantly link all their "uber" items (probably to make up for certain lacking in RL) and insist on ignoring everyone else till you wipe. For the longest time I hated beastlords, mainly because about 80% them that I met were jerks or just in desperate need of a lot of riddlin. I long wanted to make  BL but wanted to wait till the twink wave settled down (which it  finally appears to be doing).  Now, having recently started a BL I can say most of the new peeps I've met are nice and cool. Give it some time for the twinkwads to wash out of the system and people will like BL's again. And make a mage alt.. always helps to understand the other side :wink:
Inunokami Level 68 Barbarian Feral Lady on Quellious
Member of
Sirokuma

FIPPY & EMPEROR CRUSH in 04' !

bham

My main is a 65 BL with about 400 AA.

I box a mage with about 230 AA.

I have played the mage by himself occasionally. Solo, in groups and in raids. The mage is a great box but if he was my main I might hate beastlords too.

The recent changes to damage shields and black steel/sun vortex helped, but not enough.
Bham - Cleric - Mage - Wizard - Tentrix
Bertox