Main Menu

FD after the latest patch.

Started by Razimir, May 01, 2010, 04:52:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razimir

I feel like FD is failing much more after the last patch (haven't parsed it though). Anyone noticed the same? I wonder if they loaded the old test FD skill before the skill was boosted on test.

-Raz

Zunar

I agree, I felt the same.
I've had 3 FD failed in a row....I was thinking wow, how unlucky, but then it happened again, and again...
3 failed FDs in a row, 3 times in the same evening feels more like unlucky /shrug

Nusa

Well, seems ok in my logs. 31 failures out of 139 tries, which works out to 77.7% success. That's close enough to 80% for me, given such a small sample size.

[When parsing logs, make sure you eliminate AE FD spells failures when searching for "<yourname> has fallen to the ground." If it's not immediately followed by "You play dead." (which happens success or fail), it's not a Playing Possum failure. Raiders may experience a fair number of these...I know I had some.]

Odds of failing FD: 20%
Odds of failing FD twice in a row: 4%  (Odds of FD failing again after a failure are still 20%!...statistics only predict things that haven't happened yet, not actualities.)
Odds of failing FD three times in a row: 0.8% (Which is still high enough to happen now and then.)

Odds of people seeing successful FD's as failures because of environmental issues breaking the FD (spells in progress, AE's in general, DoT's on you, or uber mobs that see FD)...you do the math. I played old-school monk (before they got lull/mez or FD AA's) before I was a beastlord, so I already had a pretty good understanding of what breaks FD. Many of you still have a learning curve.

Incidentally, did you know that Playing Possum works from horseback? It now doubles as my dismount key, being way easier than either typing /dismount or clicking off the spell icon.