Main Menu

Warders and Weapons

Started by Perelandra Eldil, January 13, 2004, 10:34:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Perelandra Eldil

It has long been stated by Beastlords that their warders DPS is significantly lowered when using 1hs weapons vs. H2H. Yet everytime I have asked on the Mage boards, nobody can link to parses showing the differences.

Could a kind beastlord please provide a few damage parses of their warders with different weapons?
Perelandra Eldil - Arch Convoker
Gelil - Prophet
Druzzil Ro

Argach

I've parsed my pet with 1hs and h2h weapon and the 1hs (and pet in general) did not seem to perform any way worse than normally. So 1hs being bad for our pets is prolly just one of those EQ urban legends...

Shere Khaan

Not an urban legend. This was definitely he case in the past with much parsing to prove it. Since the summoner's boon has been fixed and fixed again I haven't seen anything posted.

I would be interested too if anyone knows if 1hs affects dps now?

Shere Khaan

Perelandra Eldil

Since you brought it up, Mage's are noticing a DROP in DPS on focused pets in general. Yes they have more HP and insane regen, but their overal DPS is down by about 10dps I believe.

So since I'm asking, would you also mind posting the parses with focused AND unfocused warders?
Gelil - Prophet
Druzzil Ro

Caali

bump. I'm interested in this too. If given the choice should I have mages give the pets fists or swords?

As for the original question it is now a sticky if you haven't noticed yet here it is http://www.beastlords.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=380
Caali and Claws
65 Beastlady of Saryrn
Magelo

Tastian

I threw up some parses a bit back showing warder dmg with and without 1hs.  I haven't done this for focused pet yet, but randomly my pet has been giving 1hs and I've never had his dmg lowered.  I'll run some tests today and post results in a few hours.

Tastian

Ran some numbers from a couple hours with focused pet using both hth and 1hs.  Sample size isn't huge by any means and it was an exp setting, so there's some variance.  However, same pet using 1hs and hth was performing within the margin for error on hit ratio, dps and hit distribution.  I've other parses of non-focused pet from awhile ago where 1hs and hth performed right about the same.  For me atleast I'm still convinced 1hs has zero adverse effects on pet performance.  I usually get kedge blades from mages because that's what they have.  If given a choice go with what is least likely to be resisted.

Kylaz

From what I read before, it seems the focused pet has no preferred weapon type, and that's what Tastian's parse may indicate.

All the parses that were showing a difference between H2H and 1HS happened before DPoC (version 3.1) , so may still be valid for the unfocussed pet.
Kylaz - Feral Troll
Main Entry:lizĀ·ard
Etymology:Middle English liserd, from Middle French laisarde, from Latin lacerta (Date:14th century)
1 : any of a suborder (Lacertilia) of reptiles distinguished from the snakes by a fused inseparable lower jaw, a single temporal opening, external ears, and eyes with movable lids; broadly : any relatively long-bodied reptile (as a crocodile or dinosaur) with legs and tapering tail

Vorph

Weapons don't change the dps of the Minion of Eternity at all, whether they are 1HS or HTH.  He still hits for 86 and overall dps is the same.  Only thing equipping weapons does is give another pair of procs (which go off quite a lot).  Combined with Muzzle of Mardu, it seems to be a pretty good source of extra dps, but unfortunately unmeasurable through normal log parsing.

So pick your weapons based on mob resists:

Fist of Ixiblat = fire
Blade of the Kedge = cold
Blade of Walnan = magic

All 3 are 150dd procs.  I ask for the MR ones usually unless I'm xping in PoFire, since on raids MR is getting debuffed by three different classes for a huge amount.

Tastian

Kylaz the unfocused pet also has no preferance on weapon type.  I took sometime and went on a little "mythbuster" spree concerning pets the other day.  I posted the results in it's own thread, so it was pretty easy to find if anyone actually cared to check.  I tested pets with 1hs/hth/2hs/etc.  I tested lower level pets with rec level weapons, I tested pets using 2h even after they got dw.  I tested pets getting dw.  Etc, etc, etc.  

For the quick recap.  Delay has *NO* effect on weapon.  Damage does, and whether it's 1h or 2h (not type s/p/hth all the same).  Rec level does *NOT* matter for damage of the weapon, but pet does have to be high enough to proc weapons (ie 37 for yak proc again warder level, not your level).  Also you can still give the 30/39 pets 2h weapons.  The level 30's pet DW is so low that giving it a 2h that boosts it's damage a fair amount would still add more dps than leaving it alone or letting it dw two 1h weapons and hoping for procs.  *shrugs*  There's more, but it's all in the other post.  Any other questions PM me or post and I'll edit them in.

Caali

Caali and Claws
65 Beastlady of Saryrn
Magelo

Perelandra Eldil

Thanks for the answer guys.
Gelil - Prophet
Druzzil Ro

Xalmat

[65 Arch Convoker] Sage Xalmat Lunaire (Human) <Enshadowed> ZONE: brellserilis
[65 Archon] Eiyana Lunaire (Gnome) <Enshadowed> ZONE: brellserilis
Lead Librarian/Moderator of The Magician's Tower

Tastian

What do you want parses of?  I used to post parses for everything, but they maul the thread format for a lot of people so I usually leave them out now and PM/e-mail as people request.  Here's some data from a couple hours goofing around the other night.

bite/Warder   10:57:54   11:45:38   00:29:08   108,961   19.6%   62.33   1654   1104   60.0%   1.58   79 (794)   20 (16)   66   21%   33%   30%   14%   2%   15

slash/Warder   11:46:40   12:37:22   00:34:35   129,873   23.3%   62.59   2007   1338   60.0%   1.61   79 (933)   20 (33)   65   19%   34%   29%   16%   2%   15

Recap

DPS biting - 62.33
DPS slashing-  62.59

hit%  60 for both

Far from perfect parses because I was just goofing off, but again if warder really had signifigantly lower cap in 1hs it'd have shown up quite a bit over the course of 30(ish) minutes of non-stop fighting.  This is level 64 pet focused with DPoC (as kinda obvious by max hit hehe).

Here's another copy/paste from an old thread with level 58 pet using 1hs and nothing...

slash/Warder   23:59:11   03:10:28   02:11:19   293,426   26.0%   37.24   5858           0.74   62 (2566)   15 (118)   50   53%   34%   11%   2%   0%   22

bite/Warder   21:10:46   23:58:41   02:26:42   331,260   29.3%   37.63   6571          0.75   62 (2921)   15 (102)   50   53%   35%   10%   2%   0%   22

Recap

DPS 1hs- 37.24
DPS biting- 37.63

Hit% 53% on both

These are from over 2 hours of fighting for *EACH* test (1hs and normal biting).  Again not perfect and pounding katta banker in the back or anything, but if my warder did much worse with 1hs verse normal biting or hth weapons it should have shown up here.  

Not sure what you wanted parses on again though or even if you were talking to me hehe.  I started off originally to test the drop in dps verse the gain of a proc like gnoll hide lariats provide and parse after parse I constantly say almost identical numbers.  I parse every fight and randomly get mage blades handed to pet well exp'n or in random LDoN adventures and not once have I ever seen pet do worse than the margin of error allows for when using them.  Whether pet is focused or not.  If I ever do I'll post it right away, but as it stands now I stilll stand by saying that my warder is very skilled and doesn't care if she is slashing/piercing/blunting or biting the mob she'll kill just as well with anything.

Pet's not caring about rec level is really easy to test.  I gave a weighty polearm to my level 9 pet and watched them slash for 42 hehe.  I've seen most of your posts on the mage board so I'm sure you don't need parses about weapon delay effecting pets.  Again if that wasn't directed at me sorry for spamming hehe, if there is anything I missed though fire away I seem to have more time for the boards latly than I do for EQ.  8(

Xalmat

Fair enough. Myth = debunked as  far as i'm concerned.

[65 Arch Convoker] Sage Xalmat Lunaire (Human) <Enshadowed> ZONE: brellserilis
[65 Archon] Eiyana Lunaire (Gnome) <Enshadowed> ZONE: brellserilis
Lead Librarian/Moderator of The Magician's Tower