Main Menu

Warder/pet Push

Started by Jkal_Shihar, January 20, 2004, 12:01:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jkal_Shihar

just wanted your views on the subject. i know its been beaten to death but that was on the other board.

i have pet hold, i can fairly control tigger well but trying to do wind in bot i just waited till the end to summon him.

got into a heated argument over push and the warrior in my group insisted that all pets are the cause for pushing.  so instead of getting mad i just said fine i'll wait till we get to name'd.

anyways, have you tried to educate guild/group members on your warder's push???
Animist Jkal Shi`har and tigger
Arch Animist of the Tribunal Server
My Magelo
*still my main since dec. 2001*

Aliveer

Time and time again.

Fact remains, that mobs get shoved around, and no one wants to admit they are kicking, bashing, using weapons with noticable knockbacks, etc. and since pets (no matter where you put them) always wind up on the face of the mobs, it's assumed by the non-pet casters that somehow the pets are to blame.  :roll:
Aliveer Tishar
69 Preditor

Brell Serilis Server
I, on the other hand, am a fully-rounded human being, with a degree from the University of Life, a diploma from the School of Hard Knocks, and three gold stars from the Kindergarten of Getting the Shit Kicked Out of Me.

Noriko

/agree with Aliveer

Mobs get pushed even without pet.  Pets are major DPS these days.  They are not affected by small targeting window.  They are not affected by mob that hobs around.  The shoving and our Rellic are two main reasons why spells and gates get interrupted.

If your tank(s) can't cope, too bad for them.  Its like telling the nukers, "Your nukes draws aggro away from me, stop nuking."  Lame!
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=774007">Noriko . http://www.celestialrising.com">Celestial Rising . http://pub228.ezboard.com/bxevserverboards">Xev . http://www.beastlords.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1593">BST65.80/Xv h++ 3khp 3km ft13 r9 G++<3 e++ o+ T+++ L++ H+++@ f g b- t++>++++ D- !X

Jkal_Shihar

QuoteIf your tank(s) can't cope, too bad for them. Its like telling the nukers, "Your nukes draws aggro away from me, stop nuking." Lame!

I like that one  :lol:
My Magelo

bugman

its recently become a hotly debated subject in my guild, in fact one of our main tanks just posted a rant about how much bst pets push, are too big and steal agro from him and shouldnt be allowed to be used.  people will always be ignorant to a certain extent about things that arent of their class. i dont claim to know everything about tanking, so i generally keep my opinions and thoughts on the subject to myself. the problem is often that people think pets are a good target for bashing, as they're "only pets" and dont think that a pet is only as smart and good as the owner. a recent comment i made to this same pet hating warrior was that its NOT okay to bad mouth pets and is the same as me saying "you're a great warrior, its just your shitty as weapons that have zero agro and suck and your armor blows and is a liability to us all". i think he kinda got the point that by trying to make it indirect and not personal doesnt mean you're being any less personal and offensive. my point and advice... there will always be people that dont have a clue and swear they're smarter about your class then you are, ive found nothing is going to entirely change this.  so what ive done is tried to work with my fellow beastlords in my guild to ensure our pets are always doing the right thing. if push is going the wrong way i bark at them in our class channel to get pets pushing the right way etc. people may still be ignorant but if you take away the excuse for them to blame your pet then they really cant.
~Bugman - Venril Sathir

Tytallia

Quote from: bugmana recent comment i made to this same pet hating warrior was that its NOT okay to bad mouth pets and is the same as me saying "you're a great warrior, its just your shitty as weapons that have zero agro and suck and your armor blows and is a liability to us all.

Are we in the same guild OMG? No we aren't but I've dealt with the same mentality. Sadly though when I made a comment similar to yours it fell on deaf ears. Actually I was told to "thicken my skin" if I was feeling offended by pet-bashing.

I would love to give helpful advice about this subject. I really would. Changing people's opinions and/or educating them about game mechanics just doesn't seem possible in this game we call Everquest. I hope others have far better luck then I've had.

Jkal_Shihar

well after talking with our one tank that mentioned it too me (reluctantly i was grouped with him also).
he was going by how pets were 2+ yrs ago and that he rarely groups if at all possible (he mostly 2 or 3 box'es his characters). so thats when i began to realize its some of the old timers like us but never did a pet class or have no clue on how pets/warders work out.
unfortunately the shaman in my group was no help. he kinda back'd up the warrior by saying "Yeah, when i buff and do this and that with my dog he pushes way too much". which was funny cause i asked if he was solo'n he said yeah.
oh well, im slowly educating them. least i got the guild leader on my side for the time being  :)
My Magelo

TheOriginalGronker

I consider anti-pet comments like "pet push" or "pet aggro" (course, these are positive things when used properly but I digress ...) an admission of failure by the complainer.  When the mob is pushed in a bad way, its easy to blame the pets since they are defenseless and can't speak for themselves, rather than blame the people in the group/raid.  Rather than complaining, everyone needs to figure out how to push mobs around to do what you need them to do and work as a team.  BSTs have the glorious advantage over the other pet classes of being able to position their pets easily during encounters since they are are right in the battle, able to quickly maneuver around the target and this needs to be used as well.  But its not a competition, help the MT achieve the positioning he/she wants rather than doing it your way ... if they complain about how the mob was pushed as him to explain how he wants the mob to be pushed and clue in that everyone needs to help out here  ... the same problems will exist with or without pets anyways.