Main Menu

GoD Trials

Started by Gospodar, February 14, 2004, 10:40:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gospodar

All I can say is... How timesinkish can you get? Now I know why there is 54 person limit on big raids on GoD... Because there gonna be 54 ppl max per guild to finish these boring timesinks  :?

Dont mind the grumpy bst tho, just came back from failed 2nd trial(furnance one).... Collected the parts, brought them to furnance, wisps poped, followed them to crystal.... waited... waited... waited..... and got fail message *sigh* Still no idea what are you supposed to do there  :cry:

Anybody got any hints on these? Or knows what to do on 2nd one at least? Seems kinda silly at this time and buggy as hell  :?

On the bright side, tho, got some pretty nice drop(considering on 2nd trial mobs are hitting 500-1000 100 hp items with haste and focus effects dropping aint bad at all... Too bad they are all no-drop  :(  ).
Gospodar the Defender of the Ages

Erollisi Marr - Divine Grace

Argach

At least yer getting some trial groupage - I'm not. Might be good time to hit neg1000 dkp and /guilddisband.  :lol:

Gospodar

NPC wasnt there, mate  :(  Same happened to other guild group later that day... We got to crystal and no NPC *sigh* Oh well.... back to the drawing board.....

Urim

It's not buggy, just have to think about it for a little bit to know how to do it. I like that these aren't obvious answers and require some thought, albeit a small amount. Unfortunately, all the little tricks will be posted on all message boards within another couple days which really defeats the whole purpose of these trials, to get people to think outside the box.
Maelin Starpyre
[80 Arch Animist] Urim the Library Guardian (Iksar) <Crimson Tempest>

'Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity'

Gospodar

Well finished it last night.... I must say it was fun as hell but thats prolly cause we were so against the odds at times I almost fell off my chair (culminating in me pulling 5 800-900 hitters at once with bst, pally, monk, cleric there and killing them w/o any deaths..... real adrenaline rush  :lol:  )

Also there have been rumours about raid-type mob that would allow you to skip the trials.... Guess only time will tell if those areonly rumours *shrugs*

Valri Rose

Supposedly the Smith Rondo / Weapon Master route will allow you to get flagged and skip the Sewer trials.

Man0warr

flags 54 at a time too
rathe.Battlesaur Robotindisguise
Legend of Marr - The Rathe

Gospodar

Aye did trials 1-4 finally then 3h later did raid version of it and got doubleflagged *chuckles*.... Glad they put in faster version for bigger guilds and seems that *trials* are there as lil guilds way in(like optional quests in PoP)....

Murkk Dakruul

Have fun with the tipt trial, 13 hours of doing that today!, weeeee...

Atleast the boss dropped this for me: http://lucy.allakhazam.com/item.html?id=68605  :D

P.S.
Warriors and Necro's no longer have the right to complain about not getting groups. :wink:
Murkk Dakruul
Feral Lord of Agony

And the earth cracked open in a spew of ash and flame and from the smoke arose a new evil,
A new demon of the world, and it was given the name "beastlord". With burning eyes it stared
down at us and raised its hidiously disfigured claw and it.....cast MGB paragon.

Tailchaser

Sewers and Vxed are just the warm up.  You need a stacked group to kill the last mob in Tipt.  Tipt is kinda interesting though.  Pushing a guild through Vxed is hiddous though.  Especially when your only elemental geared things are much less forgiving, bad pulls and roamers coming up behind you can wipe out 2 hours of clearing.  Tipt is more straight forward, but that last fight is viscous.

Murkk Dakruul

Hmmm...vxed seemed pretty straightforward to us. XP on trash for 2 hours and then hail a named. :?

Tipt was much more challenging, imo.
Murkk Dakruul
Feral Lord of Agony

And the earth cracked open in a spew of ash and flame and from the smoke arose a new evil,
A new demon of the world, and it was given the name "beastlord". With burning eyes it stared
down at us and raised its hidiously disfigured claw and it.....cast MGB paragon.

Gospodar

Did Vxed today... bst,cleric, pally, wiz, monk, ranger group... Was very easy till we tried to get named  :lol:  Well 20 mins later after corpse summon just decided to stick with normal mobs and sure enough finished it w/o a glitch... Very easy trial imho just gotta be wee bit carefull and no berserking  :lol:  Gonna try next one tomorrow and to tier 3 we go...

Tailchaser

Quote from: Murkk DakruulHmmm...vxed seemed pretty straightforward to us. XP on trash for 2 hours and then hail a named. :?

yeah that's what we do, invaraible we get a bad pull though in that last room.  Or a roamer comes up behind us.  Basically every time I've wiped in vxed has been in sight of the hail mob.  Anyway we're pretty close to done on vxed, just a few more people to get through.

On a better note killed heartseeker jhiru about an hour ago and got my flag.  Was dreaming of that bracer and we got a silly charm that improves the longer your in a zone  :roll:

Days of flag pushing on tipt now, maybe I'll get a bracer yet.