Main Menu

Ring event in Qinimi

Started by Skratchen, February 22, 2004, 07:21:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skratchen

Last night one of our guild's wizards finished a quest for a key that let's you into a chamber in one of the buildings in Qinimi.  It seems when the group leader says the magic words (kind of reminds me of way back when I did the PoJ trials) you're transported into a chamber which begins a ring event.  

I'm wondering here outloud if anyone else has had the opportunity to try this event.  We got stuck at the very beginning.  When we ported in, there were 12 see invis mobs that charged us within 5 seconds of porting in on all of our attempts.  What I am also wondering is if it's possible for this event to be done by more than one group at a time, ie: in raid format.  Because if the first round (and supposedly being the easiest round and all others subsequently becoming progressively harder) has 12 mobs that aggro on entry, short of having a lucky break in with the right combination of people, I don't see how this event is going to be beaten by one group.  

Now don't look at my magelo and think that everyone has the same crappy gear that I do.  I'm the worst dressed character in the guild.  I'm the low cat on the totem pole for now, everyone else is Ele/Time geared.  

Anyway, if anyone here that reads these posts has any experience with this event, I would greatly appreciate any ideas or even just sharing your story on what you did.  Thanks in advance.

Hey Skratchen!! How many times did slow get resisted on that last mob? Oh, three or four times...

Lunani Snowfyre

haven't done this event yet, just some speculations:

you're description sounds pretty tough. maybe this event can't be done by time geared groups. Wouldn't be surprised if you have to get some better god equipment, come back later and do it again.
[65 Feral Lord] Lunani Snowfyre (Vah Shir) <The Unholy Inquisition> - Kael Drakkal
[63 Warlock] Nunila Bloodfyre (Dark Elf) <The Unholy Inquisition> - Kael Drakkal

yaoguai

i am almost finished completing that key, is it a perm key? no rent? key ring add? or just a lore nodrop item into your inventory you keep whenevr you want to trigger it?  also kind of mobs did those 12 consist of? just random ones? the ones that hit for 1200 or the ones that hit for 500?

Mahes

Key doesn't poof, to my knowledge.

It's a one group event, part of the Fezlin Fizzle quest from Abysmal.

It shouldn't be 12 mobs live at port up, but rather 8.  There are 12 mobs total however.  This...encounter....is rough.  We've tried it with what was damn near our best possible group make-up, all Time geared, AAs out the wahzoo.  The first 8 aren't that hard to kill once you figure out what to do, but lemme tell you...that boss is straight ownage for one group.  It's doable though we haven't beaten it yet.

Good luck.

Vorph

If you think the first 8 are hard... give up now (until the inevitable retuning).  The boss plus his friends are vastly more difficult.  Two clr, two war, and two dps (brd/bst for me, just don't bring an enchanter inside whatever you do, use a buff bot outside) is about the only hope, and they'd better all have every important AA and tons of Time gear--and we still haven't won.

In fact, I haven't heard of anyone anywhere beating this yet... has anyone else?

(Incidentally, the first 8 only hit for 396 max, and while they are immune to mez, you can do other things to them... they really aren't that bad, considering several of them stand around casting stupid shaman spells -- hint: kill those ones last.  Another hint:  the ones that flurry might be a good idea to eliminate first.  As for the boss, you're on your own.  The regen seems to be absurd on him.)

Skratchen

From what I remembered in the fights, all 12 came at the same time.  There were no mobs standing around idle.  This is a pretty new event and it's possible that it may be bugged somewhat or, as another poster here suggested, the event may need some tuning to make it do-able by more than just a couple select classes.  

When our group tried, it consisted of a wizzy, bard, warrior, bot cleric, mage and myself.  We tried the AE approach.... however, we didn't quite perfect the successful execution on that one.  We probably would have made it a little further along if our only real healer wasn't a bot.  Anyway, if (or hopefully when) we beat this event, I'll be sure to let you know what happened  :D

Hey Skratchen!! How many times did slow get resisted on that last mob? Oh, three or four times...

Dummkopf

I hope it is doable, i have the key since around 3 days after release but didnt try it yet, another guildie and his group got owned very fast (2 healers, war, bard, wiz, rog) and ppl are not very interested since it isnt a kod'taz trial.

Dummkopf

Tried that ring yesterday, 2 clerics, war, wizard, paladin and me. The first part wasnt that difficult (concentrating on archers first helps). Well, the named and his guards wiped us very fast though, i have no real idea how to win that part at the moment.

Mahes

I'm still thinking cleric and shaman/druid for heals.  I'd probably prefer shaman considering how hard Tixxrt is to slow.  Two clerics would be nice but I think you need the utility from the shaman.

I'm also intent on sticking to a war and pally.

That leaves me and room for one more, preferebly bard or enchanter.  Probably bard.

Int casters have just been getting eaten alive on this.  They can't take the initial aggro the majority of the time.  I think it's very much a melee/priest/hybrid encounter.  Maybe with GoD upper tier gear it will be doable by combinations of groups, but right now the named is just disgusting.

Vorph

I can't think of a single reason to bring an enc inside the Chamber.  Bot one for VoQ and VQ before you use the stone, and use a bard for Muse/Songblade clickie once inside.  Shaman is a good idea though... if nothing else Tigir's is pretty cool for the first herd.

Ghoat

Tigirs is crap for anything much outside of LDoN.  Way too much initial agro for the shaman, and even the stuff that is pissed & slowed is only 50% slowed.  That and the ae radius of TI is really small :(

Ghoat! The Relentless - Cazic Thule Server           Fat Troll

Vorph

Aggro isn't always a bad thing though.  ;)

Aldur

Shaman agro with scs 3 is much reduced - how I wish we had that aa.