Main Menu

Spawning The Savage Platinum Fist mob(s) in PoFire

Started by Strommbeast, January 09, 2004, 03:19:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Strommbeast

:(   My guild  is finally PoFire and fully elemental capable. I have been trying to acquire the Savage Platinum Fists. I know that they drop off of these First field mobs :Jopal Tracker, Obsidian Spider queen, and Wild flame lord
and one second field mob:Wild fiery spirit equinne or something.
I have heard from a few people that you can force spawn the first field mobs by killing the respective lesser versions. IE killling many Flame lords and lordlings can cause the Wild Flame Lord to spawn. While these mobs dont have THAT much hp they still do hit quite hard. The only real way i have had consitent succes of killing these is solo aggro kiting with spirit of snow. They dont run too fast and i havent found any first field mobs that summon. It takes me a good while to even dent the first field. Anyone here with a SPF know if im doing the right thing or are these timed . Are any of the respective mob types a PH for the named mob? I don't really want to drag a group of guildies out to hunt horrible xp for the sole purpose of an upgrade. I intend on spawning the mob then asking people to come kill it with me. I figure even if the SPF dosen't drop a caster will get a FT3 belt or range. Sorry about the length of this but im trying to be specific. BTW I hadnt visited EQbeastlords for a while so when  I heard the news I decided to move here.
         By the way I really like this elemental advice forum idea. The elemental's are still a very new and exciting and dangerous  :P  place for this beastlord  :D

Murkk Dakruul

Step1: move to karana. Since they auto drop for every bst on karana but me, you should get yours within a couple hours at most.

Seriously though, just pick a certain mob type and kill it until a named spawns, /pray you're not murkk and he drops the fists. It's better to bring a group, just find 5 people working on the gate neck, the mephits drop the piece for that so they should have no problem grouping with you. Attempting to solo spawn the named is a waste of time, since you're gonna need a group to kill the named anyways.
Murkk Dakruul
Feral Lord of Agony

And the earth cracked open in a spew of ash and flame and from the smoke arose a new evil,
A new demon of the world, and it was given the name "beastlord". With burning eyes it stared
down at us and raised its hidiously disfigured claw and it.....cast MGB paragon.

Strommbeast

hmm i forgot about the gate neck. Im sure i could enlist some people who wanted to get a binden. Thanks for the advice . BTW Im not sure if they will be better than my Grandmaster's mace (19/22) and Fist of Honor (25/31)
i just want my pet weapon bad. Do you think they would be an upgrade?

Ukator Iceblood

Ukator Iceblood and Wolf
70 Beastlord

Kator Kerrath
Berserker

Tunare's Benevolence
Xegony

Murkk Dakruul

Murkk Dakruul
Feral Lord of Agony

And the earth cracked open in a spew of ash and flame and from the smoke arose a new evil,
A new demon of the world, and it was given the name "beastlord". With burning eyes it stared
down at us and raised its hidiously disfigured claw and it.....cast MGB paragon.

Strommbeast

Thanks again =) appreciate it muchly. Now  all i need is some spare time =)! thanks for all the helpful info. :P

Murkk Dakruul

np, I hope you have better luck than me /cry  :D
Murkk Dakruul
Feral Lord of Agony

Sempai

Another choice for recruiting friends is people working on the Aid Grimil quest for the earring. They need to farm the Obsidianwood Sap, which drops off the spiders.

If they have my kind of luck, they will need lots of sap as I failed 6 times before I finally got it done on my seventh combine. That is 21 saps, and it is not a common drop. This means many spiders in fire must die and the advanatage of Field 1 spiders is that you can kill them faster and end up with a greater chance of getting their sap faster and also means the name will probably spawn.
Sempai
Malus Imperium
Tholuxe Paells

Elyias Steelfang

/nod on the Spider saps

Spider queen is almost always up atm on Drinal just from all the people farming saps for the quest or to sell at 15-20k a pop to those trying to do the quest.

On that note if your after saps I have found the big spiders past C1 from the field b4 tables have a better drop rate.

Was duoing with a wiz buddy of mine and I looted 2 saps off of one spider one time.

Zone in is just safer incase of bad pulls :)

Silresa

Curious, on the topic of the Savage Platinum fists, I was wondering..

Currently I'm wielding either Stone Etched Mallet and the LDoN crafted first (17 19 with 1 poison damage and 125dd poison proc), for damage with Mallet and Sol Ro dagger (Augmented with Guard 3) for tanking.

Basically, I'm curious, in the opinion of those here abouts, would the 15 18 pet waepon, with some aug or another shoved on it, be better than the 17 19 LDoN fists with 1 poison damage. The dmg/dly on both is relatively close, so I suppose it depends mostly on the proc of the SPF and it's effectiveness.

Just curious as to some opinions. ;)
http://members.cox.net/losian/newsig.gif">
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=249204">Silresa Kylong, Iksarian Feral Lady of Watchkeepers.
- And -
Jingles, the ever faithful and infamous warder companion.

Zakoriz

Got my new claws from a Jopal Tracker yesterday.  He does seem to be a somewhat random spawn.  Im quite happy with the weapon..

The pets it spawns are 94 max hit and last about 10 seconds or until just after the mob they proced on dies, whichever is first. (it seems)  I managed to proc up to 5 at a time and was using it in offhand all night.
Elder Zakoriz
Level 65 Beastlord
Erollisi Marr - Resilience

Strommbeast

:shock:   Well good news and bad news. I was able to get  a Jopal tracker to spawn.  It had the Ft 3 belt which i insta defaulted to the casters (seems only fair  since im after the fists). Thank fully some of them dont have the Tacticians girdle so i guess this belt is a cream dream.  So far ive seen 2 belts  and nothing else. Gonna keep working on it. Thanks for the advice. The named mob was easily handled by our warrior w/o disc.  Ranger was able to track and single pull w/o being summoned bu just aggroing the mob.

Xanin

Well, so far i'm 0-5 on the Fists... 2 candles 3 belts.
on the last run, our group pulled so hard, we got all 3 rares (fire elemental, Mephit, horse) to spawn within minutes of each other. We took down all 3... all dropped belts. At least i got one of those. I have seen them drop though, a 2 groups from a guild on our server swooped in, pulled it, killed it, announced it in /occ (me being the only other person in zone) and then destroyed it when i asked (humbly of course) if i could have.

Strommbeast

EQ does not love me it seems. Last nite my guild had the SPF drop. DOH! wish i had given someone my info. Well what made matters worse is that they gave the item to a certain beast who is kind of the well "special"  kid on the block. It's better than letting them rot... i guess. So i guess im a bit discouraged and disgusted in the matter.  :(

Emmdee

12 kills, 11 SPF and 1 belt.

My caster mates are pissed off needless to say.