Main Menu

The god fights for PoTime

Started by tiggerroo, January 26, 2004, 08:26:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tiggerroo

I thought we could use a thread (maybe one per God, we'll see) to highlight some of the strengths of beastlords on each of the god fights.  I'll try to edit and add others' suggestions to this post.

Fennin:
Depending on how your guild fights Fennin himself, beastlords have a couple of roles:
MGB paragon to keep caster mana up (particularly after he AEs)
Spot healing... yes, chloroblast is small, but it can make a difference if clerics/druids are tied up healing the MA and doing cures.
Nuke - They are small and don't get agro.
Ferocity rangers
Stack DoTs

Xegony:
Abolish Disease is the best.  Cures the slows from the add spawns, although not Xegony's AE.  I make a hotkey to spam in say for folks to send tells for Abolish Disease.  Druid pureblood spell cures it as well.
Slow on adds/waves, Chanters are often busy mezzing/tashing.
Paragon CH rotation groups

Rathe:
Slow on perma tank groups or one beastlord to slow on mezz mobs.
Paragon perma tank groups.  Easiest to have beastlords run back when a group is calling for mana, usually the first few perma tank groups.

Coirnav:
Paragon during baby fights, but save one MGB for the fight with Coirnav himself.
Ice nukes are highly resistant in water, so melee is a lot easier.
Massive DPS on Coirnav, he needs to die fast
Stack DoTs
Use disc on Coirnav
Tiggerroo N'Blinky
70 beastlord kitty
Talionis - Prexus

Misser

one addition :

Fennin :

I can keep Scorpion Venom and Plague stacked on him all fight besides doing my little DD's NP.
Misser - Veredi Arcanum CT

Argach

QuoteI can keep Scorpion Venom and Plague stacked on him all fight besides doing my little DD's NP.

Hmm, heard on some forums people bitch about hitting the cap on debuff/dot slots on the boss fights. I believe the limit is 30 ... anybody heard of this complaint on their raids? I've been using plague and scorp venom sometimes too, plague is somewhat hard to get to land on a lot of stuff and scorp is a lot of aggro so not using them all the time. Just wondering if they'd be blocking some 50 dps necro dot. -_-

Mahes

Some personal views:

Fennin:  If you guild does him from range, Fero all the rangers.  It's money.  I personally used my top three nukes non-stop and saved paragon for if the MT dropped at 30ish or less, then we'd charge.

Xegony:  I was always what we refer to as a picker for Xegony.  I'd stand on my side of spawns, by the spawns, and pick them with incapacitate before they pathed across her guards when coming live.  I'd also pre-slow all the adds when in camp, add-tank as needed, and patch heal.  We worked out a paragon rotation to basically do the cleric groups the first set of adds, MGB the 3rd set with one cleric group getting normal after MGB, and MGB 5th with the other cleric group getting normal after.  That was when we had 2 BSTS.

Coir:  Pulled spawns, MGB Paragon right before last named dies.  Pour on the DPS on Coir.

Rathe: Same as mentioned, paragon and slows on the tanked RC members.

Misser

Yeah forgot about Fero, am usually grouped with 3 rangers, 1 is pretank though, but if he survives or after rezz, I keep Fero up on them as best I can.

MGB Paragon is a given  8)
Misser - Veredi Arcanum CT

Emmdee

I dont know about you guys, but i keep my finger on the /disc Protective button when we fight Fennin. It seems chaining thru 3 nukes plus Plague and Scorp Venom gets me summoned as soon as the MT goes down, every time (most of the time the MT stays up so it's ok). And generally the other beastlord is next (Hi Trahma). Can be pretty funny, but at least it gives the next MT about 4 - 6 of Fennin's combat rounds to switch in and take aggro and the healing chain to switch over. I don't mind taking one for the team, as long as it nets me a BP one day :) We don't specifically use Para here except when we are down a few clerics and doing a low numbers kill.

Xegony is awesome fun, i love taking that bizatch down! We do pretty much the same as described above, MGB once early(ish), then singles on the cleric groups, then MGB from the other bst to end it.

Coirnav..... semi-orgnanised chaos, i love it. Feels like the old train derailment fun of the old world many years ago :) Just smack em down.

Rathe.... we haven't had a go yet :(

Dummkopf

On Fennin we keep as much as possible Melees/Rangers feroed, do 2 mgb paragon and nuke/dot/melee as much as possible (normally 3 dots/3 nukes).

Xegony we preslow in wave camp, cure (the abolish disease clicker is great here) and mainly dps, all bsts do a timed paragon rotation on the cleric rotation for the MT-group.

Coirnav, well, dps in water is hard, we ae the waves anyway so we mainly rebuff dead ppl, melee a bit, help out on pulling if needed, do one mgb paragon during waves if we got one spare, one through minis and one for the squid himself. On Coirnav we preslow, dot, and disc-melee.

On rathe one bst can be in cave and keep the mezzed slow, but nowadays we have enough shammies that one of them stand there, however i was in charge of the cc team last time (5 new chanters, what a joy). Otherwise preslow in fight camp and do dps, heal with chloro (those 1k crits really help). Rebuff as needed, paragon as needed althoug most clerics dont need a feed in the offtank groups.